Book 1 - Act 2 - The Man's Promise

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: One Captain to Another

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:44 pm

"So ye'r tellin' me that ye don't have any bloody control over the crew, Plugg, is that what ye'r saying'?" Harrigan-Aya continues, the voice loud and angry now. "A crew's bad work is comin' from a bad captain. There isn't any other thin' to do but make sure yer incompetence doesn't came back t' bite me in the arse!"
I like it too! ^_^
Continue shouting.

Next action would be the crippling laugh spell which name just slipped my bloody mind. Sorry about that.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Plugg shakes his head, "Now wait a minute Harrigan! I'm the Captain of this ship, not you! You gave me command of it, so remember that!" He's all riled up now and has already decided that he was going to deal with Maggie and friends on your return trip so what's one more man?

Then Sandara is coming over the rail, and "Ratline" spots her and then the others, "Ho! Captain we're being boarded!" He points from the rigging where he is down to where Rod and Toruk and Sandara are.

Plugg steps back and yanks his brace of pistols from his belt and levels them at Aya-Harrigan "Besmara's flaming groin what the hell is going on here!?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Toruk is thankful that Aya's message worked as they find knotted ropes have been thrown over. With a deep breath and silent exhale, the Undine takes to the act of climbing, something he has failed miserably at in the past. Perhaps it is the adrenaline based on the current situation as before he knows it, Toruk is climbing over the railing and standing with Sandara and Rod. He eyes Plugg and Scourge interacting with Harrigan, then turns his attention to the crowded deck. He spends the next precious few moments taking a mental inventory of who is with who, or so he thinks before things go sideways. When Plugg pulls his pistols, Toruk quickly casts a protection spell upon himself and waits for the other shoe to fall.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:27 am

"'Tis fairly easy: Ye raise yer arm, and make up yer mind. The deck runs red, I'll kick yer behind," Harrigan adds, the last words with a grin splitting the formerly angry, but now amused face.
Bardic Performance (Use Perform: Sing): Hideous Laughter and pray that it works. (DC to Will save is 17.)
-> Hideous Laughter.
Otherwise I could end up with a pair of bullets. And those hurt with just 15 HP...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:28 am

Davok draws his sword and shield as he begins to move into position. He is careful not to bump into anyone or attack until the time is right. He watches the exchange between "Harrigan" and Plugg hidden from sight. Measuring his size against Plugg and Scourge Davok's blood starts to rise but he forces himself to remain calm.
I would like to draw my weapons and move to position myself behind Plugg. I will not attack until Plugg or Scourge do or Aya gives a signal.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:39 am

As soon as he gets on deck, Rod silently moves towards Plugg, keeping to the shadows. Silently, he draws his cutlass and attempts to position himself close to Plugg.
He is not yet there when Sandara is discovered, and he springs into action at Aya's signal.
I had thought Rod would move closer to Plugg as soon as he is on board. So I think he should be a bit closer to him at the beginning. If this is not possible, just wait for Aya's signal.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

MUTINY!: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Okay let's do this!

A few surprise round stuff. Toruk could easily have cast his Mage Armor in the water, and stuff, so no problem having that up. Rod can sneak a bit to Bow while he waits on Sandara, but not too far. Davok's invisible so he can move around too, as long as he avoid touching someone he shouldn't make too much noise given the situation.

So we kick things off with Aya or Plugg, to see who get's the drop on the other one.

Surprise Round: Rod Move, Davok Moves, Toruk Armor, Aya Hideous Laughter, Plugg Shoots, Sandara Climbs/Gives Herself Away, Maggie Looks Hot

Aya: Hideous Laughter: Bluff: 28, Plugg Sense Motive: 19

Aya Wins: Casts Laughter on Plugg: Will Save DC 17: 13 FAIL (Plugg Screwed 3 Rounds)

Plugg Falls Prone Laughing!

As far as mass combat with all the sailors and stuff. Don't be surprised if I don't post every roll from your allies/enemies who aren't in direct conflict with you. Please do your best to post detailed movement and attacks even if the people aren't labeled.
Round 1 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6
Harrigan-Aya begins to laugh as Plugg draws his brace of pistols and levels them at her. She taunts him to do it, she dares him to finish it. Davok and Rod are sneaking about, and Maggie's hand is on her weapon as Toruk helps Sandara over the rail.

So many things all happen at once. A cry from the crows nest goes out, Sandara gives the aft mutineers away, but its too late for Plugg. Aya's spell, woven into her speech, is already begin finished. Scourge however shouts, "Its a trick! That's not Harrigan!" Its too late... Mister Plugg starts chuckling, then he breaks into a full on belly laugh. His arms wrap around his midsection, pistols no longer pointing the dangerous end at Aya, and he's laughing deep and wildly. "Aye... ate Captain!" He topples to the deck, tears from his eyes, he's laughing so hard he can't control himself.

Master Scourge shouts, "Mutiny! Mutiny! All hands! Protect Captain Plugg! Cut down these scallywags! Follow me boys!" He yanks a punch dagger from his belt, the weapon is known to be coated in black adder venom by the crew and he slams it into Aya's belly, "You aren't Captain Harrigan!" He twists the knife and yanks it clear, covered in Aya's bright red blood....

Aya...
Round 1
Scourge: Draw, 5ft, Punch Dagger Aya: 19 Hit for 3 Dmg + Sneak 1 + Poison: Aya Fort Save: "20" Success
Okay what's the point of all those names if they aren't on the maps! SOOOO map update with names but I left the pics for the "generic" sailors the same. Those with red names are enemies, those with black are allies and main NPCs have their own images.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: MUTINY!: Round 1

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:45 pm

"Ye're the bright one, I assume," Aya smirks, glad to not be shot or stabbed to death at this very moment. A second later the large, dark-skinned ruthless captain begins to melt. His frame shrinks, bulging muscles replaced by a slender body and a bald head, sprouting a full head of chestnut-colored hair and dark merciless eyes are replaced by amber until only the small form of Aya is left. Despite being injured already she still smirks. "You don't need to worry about Harrigan. Just us!"

She draws her rapier but doesn't return the favor Scourge just gave her instead she raises her voice above the rest of the crew.
Shapeshift back to her standard human form.
Draw rapier.
Inspire Confidence.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Davok is to late to strike first so he tries to make it count, sliding left he attacks Plugg in the back like a real black hearted pirate. "Time to die ye Scurvy Dog!"
Step 5ft N putting me behind Plugg. Attack Plugg with Cutlass and Shield.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 am

Round 1 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6
Aya's form begins to change, the image of Harrigan melts away, and there stands the little brown haired girl that so many people on the ship like. She is far from intimidating, but she has a real charisma about her. She draws her blade, "With me! With me crew! Its time to throw off the shackles of Plugg and Scourge! Fight! We fight for freedom!" Her rally cries inspire the crew to courage and action, even as she bleeds.

Around the ship you see who is on your side and who isn't very quickly. On the bow of the Ship Crimson "Cog" and "Fishguts" Kroop team up against "Ratling". Crimson grabs a belaying pin from a mast nearby whole Kroop produces a butcher's cleaver and throws one of his chickens at the man to distract him.

Midship Conchobhar and Rosie Cusswell team up against Giffer. The two little folk rush the man, both producing concealed weapons they had hidden on them.

Aft, Badger and Maheem go for what weapons they can, broom handles, and buckets of tar! They pounce on the Aretta and Fipps, knocking the people around and about. You hear shouts and cries of support at the sailors that you have befriended 'have your back'.

Then there is Owlbear Hartshorn, the massive brute that Plugg and Scourge use like a punching bag. Scourge shouts at him, "Owlbear! Kill them!" The large bare chested man was only up on deck because they needed his muscle with some larger timbers. He looks at Scourge, and shakes his head, "NO! I NO FIGHT FOR YOU ANYMORE!" He takes the large timber and clobbers Aretta in the head with it cracking the woman's skull open and sending her to the deck -- likely dead.

Sandara reaches the deck and calls to Besmara, "I could use some protection here! I'm naked as a jaybird!" A suit of chain mail instantly materialized around the priestess as she is now ready for a fight.

Then Davok appears! The man, unknown to anyone on the ship just materializes as his cutlass hacks into Mr. Plugg's shoulder as the 'captain' is trying to collect himself from the deck still giggling. Davok's blow is strong, as strong as he can manage and Plugg screams, his laughter now completely gone. As Plugg pulls away Davok clocks him in the head with his shield, which rings Plugg's bell a good one.

Toruk, Rod and Maggie...
Aya: Normal Form, Draw, Inspire Courage: +1 Att & Dmg
Plugg: Laugh. 2nd Save: 17 Success!

Allies: Draw Weapon, Move About, Some Attack

Sandara: Climb Over, Instant Armor (Chain Mail)

Davok: 5ft, Attack Plugg (Break Invsisible) vs Prone: TWF: Cutlass: 23 Hit for 12! Shield 16 Hit for 8