Book 2 - Act 1: Hiding the Evidence

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Rickety's Squibs: Headland

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:33 pm

The sailors are glad to get their cut of the gold, mostly its just a share from what Plugg had gotten from Harrigan but it buys a great deal of loyalty, even from your former enemies. They know how the life of a pirate works and if you can keep them paid, they keep their loyalty. Every last one says something about returning to work when the ship is set to leave.

So they collect their coins and disembark heading straight for the tavern and the working girls and guys that might be there.

That leaves just the officers left, your little band includes Kroop and Sandara at this point. Kroop stretches, "I'll see about restocking the galley for us." The man seems surprisingly sober, and it looks like under your leadership he might find his way out of his bottle, which is wear he hid under Harrigan and Plug's leadership.

Sandara punches Davok in the shoulder, "Come find me tonight, we have unfinished business you and I. Be careful the rest of you around here, Rickety seems about as honest a pirate as you might find in these parts, but that doesn't mean too much. See you out there." She climbs over board and is off with Kroop, and Owlbear and Rosie who wait in the jolly and head to the docks
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Aya is glad to see that everyone will be back on the ship, happy to see their payment go but it also ensures a bit of loyalty even if it just for the money among the crew. But it's true, before they got nothing and now they get some.

"You'll do that," she says to Kroop when he announces about restockking the galley. "Rod'll probably look into stocking up into other supplies as well."

With a sly smile she looks at Davok and Sandara before focusing on the rest of the officers after the priestess, the cook and the rest are gone as well. "Looks like it's just left," the kitsune addresses her friends. "Is there anything else we should take care of? I mean, I just forgot to speak about new nameplates and gotta see how much it'd be to give the Banshee a new coat of paint. Or rather if we can afford it. Other than that, I think you guys can take care of your tasks."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 am

Davok is packed up with the crew making sure they get their pay and get off the blasted ship. He has his gear with him and as always he is dressed in his mail. His harpoon on his back with his shield. Cutlass at his hip though you have not seen him use it lately.

Sandara's fist hits his arm and he his normally stoic face grins at her offer. He nods to her. "Use the barnacle system! Stay with another member of the crew like a barnacle to a ship. Don't let no other pirate crew steal from us!"

Once the crew makes its way out he gathers with the officers, "Whats first?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:54 pm

"Whatever you want to do, more or less." Aya says. "Me, I see what we can get here, talk to the locals and find out what they know and take a close look around. The whole place isn't too huge anyway so it shouldn't take too long. Maybe check out those commons, though I admit that I'd rather sleep in a hammock than a bed."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 pm

"For my part," Maggie says, "I want to see if I can find some decent rope. I can't say that I like what we have on the Banshee right now. It'll do. But if we really want to push the ship. I'm not sure it can take it."

Then she adds, "after that, it's food and a bed." She winks at Aya. "Some things are easier in a bed."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:01 am

"Bed sounds nice! I will join you." Rod says with a grin. He joins Maggie on her walk and takes note of the places he needs to go to shop for supplies.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:59 am

"Aye, an all the things to flick the sails," Aya shrugs. "But you have the knowledge for that so I'll leave that to you, if you don't mind." She watches after Rod as he departs and shrugs again.

"Alas, I guess this is it for the most part then. Might as well get other things in order as well," the kitsune continues. "I guess we're gonna see each other later though of course you're free to join me as I'll go and see Mr Hake for a bit, talk about everything we can afford, maybe even plan ahead and find out what else is goin' on around this place. I need to find a set of proper clothes. Can't have a captain lookin' like the daughter of a fisherman." If nothing else remains to be discussed the bard goes around the ship for a last time as it's now mostly devoid of anyone aboard, making sure everything is locked that needs to be locked. Before long she's ready to go out and either find Rickety Hake or put the booty to use as payment for the work that needs to be done.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Rickety's Squibs: Exploring the Docks

Post by Vardaen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:44 am

The crew is long disembarked now and off go the officers now. The port isn't very large, a half dozen buildings at the most. Most of the rest of the day you spend dealing with Hake the ship and getting your accommodations. Then its off to seal the booty. Rod handles selling some of the base gear with Toruk and Maggie with him to make sure you get a good deal. While Aya spends extra time trying to convert the plunder into coin or trade for the Squibbing.

After that sort of thing is dealt with the group promises to gather back up at the commons for some food, drink and rumor spreading.
Let's deal with loot and plunder first, perhaps explore a bit, which is why I put all the location keys on the map, then we can have some tavern fun with Infamy, rumors, and the like.

So if there is something still on the loot sheet you don't want sold mark it as such other wise come Monday I'll just sell it all off and figure out the coins.

Also does Aya and Maggie together want to try and get more for your plunder or do you want to hold it for a larger place. This place is a "Village" in size, so 1 Plunder is 300gp unless you try and barter it up.

Also, a new name plate and paint, etc is all part of getting the Squib and the 2000gp Hake is charging.

Basically I am treating all that coin you paid the crew 1 point of plunder, you have 1 point left.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: Rickety's Squibs: Exploring the Docks

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:28 am

Checking out the plunder rules, it may be worth it to hold on to the plunder for at least a small town. Because there we can get to up to 60 gp for it. Here only 400. And I guess we can meet the DC 20 for either place quite easily. But that's just my suggestion.
With most of the tasks in order, Aya goes about to get a better look of the settlement, heading from the dock past the boathouse and to the commons to get find out what can be purchased with her own small stock of gold on the island, at least a hat. And get caught up with the local rumors, maybe even so far as to figure out possible destinations to depart to as soon as their ship has been squibbed.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Rickety's Squibs: Exploring the Docks

Post by Grimbold » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:01 pm

After business, Rod takes Maggie for a stroll through the town, looking for a tavern or place where they could get some decent food. If they come upon such a place, he bows to Maggie and says: "My lady! May I request your presence for dinner tonight? I would be absolutely honored if you accept my invitation to dine together."

He also takes note of shops or workshops here where they would be able to buy clothing, jewelry and supplies.