Book 2 - Act 1: Hiding the Evidence

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: The Lookout

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Toruk stays at the base of the tower, for climbing is not his thing, lest it can't be avoided. "Perhaps the parrot is simply repeating the last thing the watchmen said while being attacked."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:26 pm

"Well, at least now we know why there was no warning for the arriving ship," Aya says watching Rod. She takes a quick look around. "Guess someone else will shoo you away now," she adds to the parrot with sadnass tainting her voice.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:28 pm

"You say he was poisoned?" Maggie calls up. "Could this be a ploy by someone to arrange for a surprise attack on the settlement?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:39 pm

"Well, I don't know how or why. I'm no expert on poisoning. Or healing in general," Aya shrugs, gesturing towards Rod. "It just looks like it to me. At least that injury there on his neck and the foam on the mouth." She slowly begins to stride through the small watchtower and takes a look around. Though she isn't sure if the man was actually poisoned maybe something can indicate how it came to be. "Might've just been some wasp sting," she mutters. "I just can't say for sure if that was that or someone."

It was allergic reaction but Aya isn't checking it out too closely and is not trained in Healing: http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... tml#296135
Rod should chime in with his results.

Check out the watchtower for something.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:37 pm

"Yeah, maybe it was a wasp sting. I do not think someone poisoned his food or drink." Rod calls down. "We should have Rickety send someone else here as soon as possible."

Rod looks for the right flag to put up. "We do not want any more company, no thank you."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 pm

A little inspection of the poison site and you are certain it was from a wasp sting. Lucky for you those of the group that were strung didn't have the same reaction as Lyle Godwin here did.

Aya spends a few extra minutes searching the tower plat form and find's Lyle's morningstar half under him, where it fell out of his hand. The weapon has a slight sheen to it, and it takes you only a moment of inspection to determine it's magical.

The rest of the place is void of other information or items of interest. The man's parrot remains sitting there squawking at Pluck and the pair are 'shouting' back and forth at one another like birds are wont to do.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Toruk is leaning against one of the four legs of the tower while keeping a look out for anything nefarious as the others check things out. Between the numbness in his shoulder, his mental fatigue and the cacophony of the two birds, Toruk begins loosing his patience. "I have a spell or two left in me! I could send them in the direction of those birds!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:16 pm

"Right, a wasp then and not some sneaky assassins," Aya sums it up again. "At least that's something that ain't too bad. Just ravaging naga and stinging giant wasps." The kitsune in human form picks up the morningstar trying to see if she can gauge its properties on her own but also holds it towards her sorcerer. "What d'you think?"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Toruk looks up at the Morningstar Aya is holding out, "Looks shinier than mine. Toss it down, let me take a look!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Aya drops the morningstar down from the level above and Toruk fumbles and drops it, the wasp sting venom still affecting his dexterity, it nearly crushes his toes on his barefeet. Collecting it he inspects it and determines its magically enchanted to assist its wielder in combat.

Having found all there is to find in the tower the group comes down and recollects at the base.
+1 Morningstar
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring