Book 2 - Act 1: Hiding the Evidence

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: The Watch Tower

Post by Eilandor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:01 pm

The lack of footwear forces Toruk to give the broken bottles at the base of the watch tower a wide berth. He muses how much the port was actually being watched with all the apparent consumption going on. His mood turns serious when he wonders if this mess was the result of a struggle. Looking up towards the top of the tower, "Watchman!"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Toruk calls up to the tower, and there is no reply.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:04 am

"Kinda eerie," Aya remarks looking up at the watchtower. She looks down and kicks one of the bottles away before addressing Toruk. "Either you or me'll have to invest into something with a thick sole for occassions like this. Let me give this a try and see if there's a reaction. If not, well," she shrugs," someone has to climb up and look. At least it won't be boars."

The young captain thinks for a moment to shout something up she's heard very recently. ""Shoo! Fly! Don't bother us!"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Aya comments on the fact that Toruk needs some shoes before calling again to the tower repeating what the bird was saying. It gain you no reply.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:22 pm

"Well, it was worth a try," Aya shrugs. She assumes that the parrot may have flown in this direction and it seems it hasn't arrived here. Sighing she grabs the rung of the ladder in front of her. However, before she climbs up she looks to Toruk. "You'll catch me when I fall, right?"
Prepare Feather Fall in case something bad's up there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Lookout

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Aya mentally prepares herself to jump or fall out of the tower, and preps Feather Fall to the front of her mind. Then with a joke to Toruk she scales the ladder to the tower's platform.

Aya finds the twisted remains of a rope hammock and a few scattered items of clothing up above. Lying beneath the hammock, with one boot on and the other lying across the floor from it, is the flyspecked corpse of an elderly man. He is recently deceased, and one side of his neck is black and swollen to the size of a melon. A dried ring of foam cakes the man's beard and mustache around his lips.

That's when the red feathered parrot flaps over from the trees and alights on the corpse, and squawks again, “Shoo, fly, don't bother me!”

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: The Lookout

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:23 am

"Oh, -now- you say somthing," Aya complains to the parrot. "Might've given me a warning that you're here." She takes a closer look at the dead man and his injury. A moment later she looks down the watchtower. "The watchman's dead. Looks like some kind of poison to me but it certainly explains why there was no warning. In any case, all clear up here."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 pm

"Pluck," Maggie says to the other parrot perched nearby. "Can you fly over the watch tower and let me know if there's anything in it?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 am

"Poison? Let me have a look." Deftly, Rod joins Aya up on the tower to look at things personally.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Maggie has Pluck fly about, but the parrot doesn't relay anything new to its mistress.

Rod then scales the ladder and inspects the scene. It looks as if perhaps the man was strung by one of the wasps, and had a terrible allergic reaction. If one was already allergic to wasps or bees, and then one of those giant ones stung him... this might just be what happens to a person. It seems reasonable for certain.