Book 2 - Act 1: Hiding the Evidence

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Back to Rickety

Post by Grimbold » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:36 am

"They will make good dinner. Do you think there will be more wasp attacks? Where did they come from anyway?" Rod asks.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:42 am

Davok shrugs opportunity lost but less work as well. "I think I hear some ale calling to me." Referring to Sandra" I need to find that sweet red head to drink it with. Captain" Davok nods and heads to the tavern to get out of this heat.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

"Aye, Davok. If we need you we will call for you, do not worry," Aya replies to the tall man.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Rechristening: Day 7

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Maggie remarks, "We have your watchman's morningstar as well." She holds it out to return it to Rickety but the man waves her off, "You keep it, a reward for helping me out with the tower." He nods to Davok, "Go have a drink I'll send someone to fetch the boars and we can all eat good tonight."

Then before he goes he replies to Rod, "The jungle of course, its full of creatures, and this heat is driving them mad it seems. I'm glad to have you here, things would have been much worse without you. I'll be sad to see you go."

With that you head off for a drink and eventually the boars are brought in and roasted and the night is filled with somber cheer, three people are dead, but many more deaths were averted. Maggie offers up a service, along with Sandara as best as she can for the departed, and the esteem of your group goes up here at Rickety's Squibs.

Another few days pass and finally the Man's Promise is ready to be rechristened Besmara's Banshee. The ship is poised in the dry docks, still chocked and awaiting the ceremony, and you are gathering on the shore. Since the wasp attack you've been working to hire on more crew, and you've had great luck, a half dozen new sailors have joined the crew under your banner.

Arriving is Rickey, Captain Pegsworthy and his honor guard along with all your officers (Sandara, Kroop) and your crew.
You guys had been talking about this and I sort of put it off, so here we are.

Hiring Crew: Diplomacy: Aya 17 + 15 = 32 Success
Hired On: 6 New Crew Members (added to sheet)

I think it would be fun if you guys came up with who they are! Each of you come up with 1 new member out of this 6, I will do the same. PM me them, a short few sentences about them, race, and sex, maybe a history. Then I'll compile them and post them to the role call stuff.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: The Rechristening: Day 7

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:26 pm

At the day of the rechristening Aya has polished and cleaned all her gear to appear as splendid as possible for the event. Luckily it only needed a little bit of magic to get that done and not hours of work. When the day comes she joins her fellow officers and the crew, some new faces among them, including a middle-aged gnome.

"We gathered here t'day for a great event," the human-looking kitsune exclaims. "The Besmara's Banshee is ready to carry her fine crew t' great deeds. No vessel will be safe, no harbor secure enough for her arrival. And me as yer humble capt'n can't be more proud of any other crew. Some'll say we are just too young, our ship too new, our blades and guns not battle-hardened. Nay, is what I'll say to that! Bein' at the beginnin' of our journey only makes us even more hungry fer it!"

She looks around the gathered people for a moment.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:24 am

Roderick Belmonte takes his time to make himself presentable - he is wearing his best clothes and some golden jewelry. His cutlass in on his belt and he is wearing a suave smile. For now, he just stands close to Maggie and watches the christening with interest.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Toruk stands with the others, who seemingly spared no expense on their wardrobe for the occasion. The Undine leans over to Rod, "I picked out my finest pair of clam-diggers and my only chain belt for the occasion!" He then looks on at Aya with admiration as she makes her speech.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:17 pm

Davok and Maggie, both also dressed as well as they can, goes so far as to sport a new hat and some gloves, are present as well. The crew stands listening and then shouts one cheer to Aya, with a "Huzah! Huzah! Huzah!"

Captain Meril Pegsworth himself stands up with Aya and speaks, "Good fortune and sure sail await what one can crack the Tidewater Rock!" Then with a bottle of wine he smashes it on the hull of the ship and the chocks are removed. The new ship, once The Man's Promise but now Besmara's Banshee slides down into the bay with a great spray of water. A huge cheer goes up among the crew and you are set to sea once more!
So its back to sea with you! The next part really will be open sand box, you can raid, sail and do as you like exploring the Slithering Coast and the Fever Sea south of the Shackles. You don't have enough infamy or reputation to just sail into the Shackles and expect the other pirates to respect you, and of course Captain Harrigan is out there and he might want his ship back from you! So its time to earn your stripes in easier waters.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:40 pm

Toruk is standing aboard the newly christened Besmara's Banshee simply taking it all in. It has been several days since they set sail and the Undine was not aware he had missed it until now. It is likely that not being under an oppressive thumb has something to do with it. In this time he has made his way through all corners of the ship. A craftsmen himself, he can't help but to check the work of Rickety and his men.

Back topside, he finds Aya looking out at the sea while leaning against one of the ships side railings. Coming up to her side and placing a gentle hand on her back, "Good to be at sea again, is it not?" Without giving her a chance to reply, "You know, I've been thinking about Pegworth's speech during the blessing. You know, the old adage about Tidewater Rock. I've heard the wives tales, or so they're perceived. It is said that anyone who can claim Tidewater Rock as her own will have good luck, as the castle makes a strategic watch point from which one can strike the nearby shipping lanes." He smiles at her, then looks out to sea, "There are likely few sea vessels that will show us much respect at this point. Wouldn't it be something if we were able to prove the wives tales wrong and crack the Rock?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 am

The young captain beams brightly as the ship is named and ready to set sail with its new name, the crew free of their shackles and their only reminder of everything before that the captain who had press-ganged them the only threat to them. Well, the only threat that knows their names and might actively look for them.

For days her grin does not fade even as they have left Rickety's. For most of the day and probably half the night she stands on the aft deck and sterncastle to watch the crew work with a hand either on the wheel or close to it. Aya's still more than happy when Toruk joins her.

"Ya know, if I wasn't sure you could read minds I'd say you plucked the matter inside my skull apart. That saw from Pegsworth been running around my head as well. Many other free captains probably have better things to do than think about Tidewater Rock, even less to pay it any closer mind. And we're just sailing with our own ship now. I think it's worth to give it a look at least. Wait just a moment, let me get my map," Aya says leaving the aft deck for a few minutes to rush to the captain's cabin. Inside she tosses some stuff around to find what she's looking for and with the rolled up document she retuns to the undine. "Alright, let me see... There's Rickety's and Tidewater Rock's there..."