Book 2 - Act 2: Piracy on the Fever Sea

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

The Deathknell: Its Final Ring

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:38 pm

The zombies crumple in front of Gragol and he stands there confused for a moment. Suddenly he hears "Cut the ropes!" And he turns with his Urgrosh and begins making huge swings against the ropes.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Rod grabs the harpoon and heads back to the banshee quickly. Then he helps cutting the ropes.
I had the idea and pm-ed with Aya about it, so Rod used his magic items and moved in. I thought I would give it a try. It was a risk, but successful in the end. Go Banshee!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Maggie shouts at the sailors near to her, "Cut the ropes! Cut the ropes!" The group hurries to cut the ships free from one another. Roderick takes a moment to grab the harpoon Pilk was using being he crosses back over the Banshee. Maggie gives him a big hug and plans a kiss on him, "Good thinking Rod! Good thinking!" With a slap on his arse she then moves to help get the Banshee away from the sinking Deathknell.

The two ships part ways, the legendary Deathknell sinks below the ways, never to resurface again.
That was ridiculously fast :P

+1 Seeking Harpoon added to the loot
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:55 pm

"Ha-ha!" Aya shouts out as the last of the Deathknell vanishes beneath the surface. "Well done, everyone! Tonight we faced a ship of the dead and we are still all breathing and alive. There are few who can put that to their name and now every member of the Besmara's Banshee can claim it! And a great cheer to Roderick for his swift and bold action! Everyone grab an extra mug of rum and raise it to the Quartermaster of the Banshee!"
I'm not sure if anyone can even use that harpoon but if not I say we add it to the armory in the trophies area that I just made up. ;)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:26 am

Gragol hollars in delight as they dispatch the Deathknrll with relative ease. He is almost a bit saddened that he didn't get much of a fight. That thought is soon forgotten as he drinks plenty of his Dwarven ale in celebration.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Toruk watches as the last of the water is disturbed from the sinking Deathknell. As the rum rations are passed out, he takes one, downs it and quietly utters a quick blessing to Besmara for the quick resolution of that scuffle.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Rod happily engages in closer contact with Maggie and then also takes a mug of rum. "Let's have it for Besmara! Let's have it for the Banshee!" he shouts.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:28 pm

The rest of the evening is a celebration. There is rum, music, games, and various pairs of men and women sneak off for a quicky in the hold. The night is one to be glad for, and Aya spins a yarn of the tale, and everyone is happy. You know however that now you turn your sails to the Tidewater Rock and only more danger awaits.

As the night moves on people head to bed, and shifts start early, and its back to work by dawn.

Aya stands on the quarterdeck in the morning, points north, "They say good fortune and sure sail
await what one can crack the Tidewater Rock. Well me'hearties, its time we crack that rock! First Mate Maggie, turn us north by northwest, and set course for Tidewater Rock!"

The crew shouts HUZZAH as you sail off to your fortune...
Here ends Book 2 - Act 2: Piracy on the Fever Sea!

Everyone has already leveled up, if you haven't, you better do it fast!

I'll start the next chapter, Tidewater Rock soon as I can!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring