Book 2 - Act 4: The Treasure of Mancatcher Cove

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Book 2 - Act 4: Lilywhite

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:21 am

Xie nods at Rod, "How do you do stranger?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 am

"Stranger?" Flavinia theatrically rolls her eyes and raises her arms in mock exasperation "Just because we're in The Shackles doesn't mean we can't do proper civil greetings. I think my companion intended to say 'ho there, friend' or maybe he just forgets that I am, in fact, a lady, and thus one cannot get away with skimping on decorum."
Last edited by Zorbeltuss on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Xie can't help but laugh at Vinni's exasperation. "I guess that hangover wore of quickly, How do you do good sir?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Rod grins. "I guess I am a stranger, and I might be a sir. My name is Roderick Kassandro Hektor Malaspenos Flores Belmonte, and I am the quartermaster of the famous ship Besmara's Banshee. I am sure you have heard of her." He bows politely.
Then he looks around and sees Maggie talk to some other people a few tables away. "Wait!" He reaches out, pulls out something from behind Flavinia's ear. "Does this belong to you?"
It is a nicely folded paper rose. Rod hands it to her. "A rose for a beautiful lady!"
Sleight of hand...

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:46 am

"Now, that is a name that takes even longer to pronounce than mine, I'm guessing that all of that become 'Rod' the moment you stepped onto your first ship." Flavinia holds up the rose and views it for a brief while, there's a movement on the left side of her mouth that to Xie spells trouble, her little tell just before she went ahead with an impulsive, and usually ill-advised, little game. With a few rapid hand movements, she sets the flower on fire, watching it turn to ash as she holds it between two fingers, as cool as flames were, clerics tended to be grumpy if they needed to mend burns because of 'silly fun', isn't silly if it's fun. "Nice parlor trick, but I say 1-0 to the girl on fire."
Spark spell

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Rod looks surprised and impressed. "Well, I have to admit, no lady has ever done that to me. You win!" he grins. "But I need to tell you that the last witch who attacked my keep got killed in a rather spectacular way." He lowers his head a bit and whispers. "Do you two plan to attack my keep too?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:18 am

"Since when did a quartermaster have his own keep?" Now it was Flavinia's turn to be surprised. "Also, I need to tell you that the last man to call me a witch got killed in a rather spectacular way."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Rod grins. "Well then I should not call you a witch. And how I got my keep, it's a very long story. The short version is, I am the lord of Tidewater Keep cause I married the lady of the keep. It's what people call a pirate marriage, so it last a year. Anyway, the witch we killed had some sort of map inked on her skin, and so we are on a mission to find out if we can profit from this knowledge." Rod pauses. "And in fact, we are looking for some new crewmembers, because, well, we lost some in the battle. If you are looking for dangerous, exciting and profitable work, I might talk to our captain and get him to interview you. Interested?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:22 pm

"Here I thought you only came over here because I'm pretty." Flavinia quips with faux disappointment. "And you're a married man, too, winking and doing parlor tricks to another woman....." That line delivered with as stern a seriousness as a cleric with a stick so far up his arse that he didn't need the backbone to stand up straight, before breaking down with a mischievous smile. "I like it."

"You had me at exciting, but you'll have to convince him though, he stays, I stays, he goes, I'm coming with."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Xie looks at the back amd forth between Vinni and Rob, smiling he thinks to himself, this should be interesting. Perking up his ears at Rod's comment about him looking for new crew members. Looking at Rod "You are looking for new crew members? Eh. Vinni i'm stepping to the bar, want some ale?" Xie stands up and puts a hand on Rod's shoulder. "Friend, how about some ale?"