Book 2 - Act 4: The Treasure of Mancatcher Cove

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Throne Room: Loot the Bodies

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:23 am

Meri swims back as well. "Sorry you got hurt. It could've bene worse, but you are still brave for having done it. I know, tonight, to celebrate, I will catch some fish for you! My specialty is FRIED fish..."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:44 am

"Mostly I'd like to get dried out!" Seroneth glanced at Meri and made a face. "Sorry; but I prefer being above the water, not in it. At least let us get this chest topside and see what we've gained. Then maybe look for the other group? I feel like we need a breather first though."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am

"Yes, please let's get some fresh air!" Xie moves to the side of the chest to help move the thing out of the water.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Rod also assists in getting the chest to fresh air.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:01 am

"How do you fry fish if you live underwater?" Flavinia takes an interest to such things, she'd commented enough on people's swimming skills for the day, at some point, if you kept rubbing the salt there wouldn't be any wound left.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:27 am

Meri also helps in moving the chest, and keeping a lookout for more threats. "Well, if you hit fish with electricity, you fry them. I get to hunt AND cook all in one go! Very convenient."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:37 am

"Are there any rooms we haven't ventured into yet? This is probably our last chance to come back here."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:00 pm

"Well, I am planning to find out more about this place where I had this hunch. Maybe our friends here know more. Meri, could you ask them if they know anything?'" Rod says, pushing the chest along.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am

Xie can't help but chuckle at Meri's comment, "That is practical indeed, i guess the sea water also helps season the fish." Xie gives the mermaid a kind smile.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Fresh Air At Last

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:48 pm

The chest is easy enough to move, and you hope to have cleared out any of the important chambers and tunnels. There is a passage way, beyond a seaweed wall you didn't explore, but decide maybe its best to just get clear of this place already. Plus Rod still can't help but feel the pull from that one chamber down below, it will require some work to tunnel through the wall, and you aren't sure if you have the air time to do it. So for now you mark it as a place to return to.

You find the locathah matriarch and her eggs, and helping you lead her to the cave opening near the jelly fish swarm where the sharks were trying to escape. She floats there at the entrance, and speaks to Meri in the common tongue of most underwater creatures, "Thank you. I will remember your kindness." Then as best as she can in her mutilated form, she swims out into the open water.

You can follow and do so surfacing some distance from the shore, and make your way back to the dingy, where you load up the large chest, and breath fresh air. In the distance in the harbor you see your ship sitting there watching over you.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring