Book 2 - Act 4: The Treasure of Mancatcher Cove

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Mancatcher Cove: The Approach

Post by GuyWithSword » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Meri Tidewater // HP: Looks healthy Image Once she hears the shouting and the pointing, Meri knows the jig is up. She slows and rises. Those on the ship sees a ripple as a figure breaks the surface. A crown of auburn hair drips with water is seen first, then a cute face with light complexion and a pair of jade-colored eyes. Next is a very womanly top half of a human, her large bosom barely covered by a pair of small clamshells. Beneath the waves, a cerulean-colored tail tipped with a multi-colored fin can also be seen.

Okay okay...what's the right word to call them? Shoot, I can't remember...ok whatever, let's just do this.

This woman points back at Xie and shouts, "Yes, you have company, you boat-lubbers! You will give me the person named either Knuckles or Thresher, or FACE MY WRATH! I'm sure he goes by one of those names, that dastardly kidnapper of innocent mermaids!"
Roll intimidate!

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:00 am

Xie can't help but contort his face in an obvious expression of bewilderment, he has heard of mermaids and even glimpse a couple from a far,never had he imagined that one would get in his face about some guy that he had never heard of before. Trying to bring some normalcy back to his face Xie asks "Who are you talking about? I've never heard of this knuckles guy." Training his glaive on the mermaid, "Who might you be?"

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:30 am

Meri Tidewater // HP: Looks healthy Image The mermaid summons as much hautiness as she can. "I am Meri Tidecaller, and don't you forget it! Now, I've heard from other two-leggers that a pirate named The Thresher or The Knuckles has taken my sister, and various clues has led me here. I KNOW the ship he is on is in this area SOMEWHERE. He will NOT escape me!"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Still bewildered Xie looks around trying to figure out if Meri is alone, or if they have fallen victim to a trap, trying to play it cool, Xie introduces himself "Xie Zhang, priest of Shelyn", Xie keeps his glaive raised and asks "Why did this knuckles guy take your sister?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Pacing over to the railing comes Toruk, the blue skinned Undine sorcerer, and officer of the ship. He puts a hand on a a crewman's hand lowering his crossbow, "Hold on, that's no Sahaugin, not by a long shot." He stands next to Xie and Flavinia dismissing the other few crewmen around, "I've got this, check down the line."

"Well, you've come to the wrong ship I'm afraid miss!" He smiles over at Xie, voice lowered so the mermaid can't hear him down in the water, "What's her game I wonder?" He calls back out, "This here is Besmara's Banshee, I think you are a bit mixed up."
Intimidate 17

Normally I let PCs react to PCs stuff like this as they like. Take that roll into account in your RP
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 pm

The mermaid's tail swishes back and forth with annoyance as she hears that this isn't the ship she's looking for. "Well then, you won't mind if I come aboard and inspect your ship then? If you're not the bastards who have my sister, you have nothing to hide!"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Xie places a hand on Toruk's shoulder and quietly says "hence the glaive, there is something odd at play here." Then he returns to his daily tasks.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:51 pm

"Only if you say 'permission to come aboard?' and the captain is inclined to acquiesce to your request." Flavinia quips, studying the sea shells. Interesting choice of attire, Flavinia suspects that she doesn't really have the breasts for it. But it is kinda nice to not have some big heavy floppy things getting in the way all time. "Means him agreeing"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Toruk nods to Xie, "Stay there merfolk! I can ask the captain, but you are in no position to demand anything of us. Yet I can give you some direction." He motions for a crew man to go and fetch the Captain.

"You said The Thresher did you not? I know that ship, we all do...." he glances side long at Xie and Flavina who are new, "...or most of us do. The Thresher is the ship that was once Captained by Isabella Inkskin, she and her crew attacked our base at Tidewater Rock. Her ship attacked this very one! The Tresher is not a man, but a ship, and I dare say this Knuckles you are seeking is the new Captain of it."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Meri narrows her eyes.

That sounds...convenient. He claims that they are also the victim of the man I'm looking for. Well, if they don't have Triss on board, maybe they're not total liars...

She responds, "Well, if that IS true, then we have a common enemy. You probably want revenge against the Knuckle-head right? How about we join forces?"