Book 2 - Act 4: The Treasure of Mancatcher Cove

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Throne Room: Loot the Bodies

Post by Othniel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Seroneth laughs after a moment. "What a fool I am." She produces a 12" iron bar and presses a button, extending the bar into the size and shape of a large crowbar. "Let's try this."
Traveler's Any-Tool, ho!

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:03 am

"If it's a kiss you want, you'd have to treat me to a lot of rum for that effort to work." Flavinia quips at Xie, though even at her worst, or best, depending on who one were asking, she'd still remember that Xie was a friend not to fool around with like that. She hadn't actually fooled around for real with any crewmate of hers, though loud declarations of how good friends and fabulous people they all were was common enough. But flirting, innuendo and pretending to interpret anything that might vaguely be seen as such from others towards her is very much a staple in her repertoire.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Xie can help but chuckle and grin, he knows Vinnie and would never presume, after all it is all in jest and good humor. When Seroneth produces a crowbar XIe can't help but stare in astonishment, "you just remembered you have that?" Laughing Xie moves over to aid Seroneth.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:51 pm

The long metal pole provides the prefect lever to aid in moving the throne. With that you hope you might stand a chance. At first nothing happens, it won't budge, but Seroneth really leans into it, lifting herself up in the water, propping her feet against the wall and pushing on the rod. There is a slight hint of movement and you all heave again and the throne moves forward about five feet before you all give out.

That settles it, you'll never get this thing on a ship without magical aid.

A dark tunnel is now exposed below the throne.
Strength Check: I'll let everyone attempt with the rope to assist making space for all of you.

Flavina +0
Meri +1
Rod +1
Seroneth +5
Xie +3
The Pole +10

11 + 10 + 10 = 31 vs DC 30 Success
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Seroneth stows the magical tool once more after returning it to its normal size. She casts a light spell upon her blade before gesturing toward the tunnel. "I'll go first unless anyone else wants the honors."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Rod, being severely injured, downs one of the potions they found.
He's at only 19 hp, so he uses one CMW potion.
Then he follows Seroneth down.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Flavinia can't resist commenting on that someone is getting excited when Seroneth flips the switch on the stick before reluctantly doing her part with the heavy lifting. Time to penetrate deeper she declares with a silent snicker as the secret tunnel is revealed for exploration.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:52 pm

CMW +18 Sheet Updated
Seroneth lights up her rod, Flavina makes some innuendo, and Rod drinks a potion.

Then into the chamber under the throne you go. The chamber hidden below the great throne is empty save for two chests. One is a iron-banded chest decorated with skulls that seems to have held up remarkably well considering its immersion in seawater. The other is a stone box with the image of a fish-headed demon carved onto its lid, whose seams appear to have been sealed by lead.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Seroneth's only reply to Flavinia is that it's a change for her from the usual, accompanied by a small smile. When they get to the chests, the Calistrian scans both of them with a spell to detect magic and starts looking for traps. "Unless someone wants to help me in case we find a trap, I recommend everyone stays a way back when I open these, just in case.
Detect magic, check for traps. Check the rest of the room for triggers or anything (take 20 if possible). If I detect anything magical, Spellcraft to see what it is. Only once I'm satisfied that we've checked everything will I open the chests. Go with the iron-banded one first, and then the stone chest. If anyone is trained in Disable Device, they can maybe Aid Another me. I've got a +16. You'd need to hit a DC 15 though, as Seroneth has the Paranoid Drawback (can't trust anyone but yourself these days).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Seroneth searches the chest and the stone box to see if they may be trapped. She doesn't detect any mundane traps on either, but its hard to tell down here in the depths. Her magical detection spell does light up on the chest, fairy strong conjuration magic in fact. The entire chest is glowing, not just a hasp or the lock, but the whole thing, suggesting its a magical chest. A search of the rest of the chamber by the First Mate turns up nothing.

The stone box is sealed with wax around the stone lid, and the only way to open that will be to chip away the wax seal.