Book 2 - Act 4: The Treasure of Mancatcher Cove

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Fame and Glory

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:26 am

Meri waves goodbye to the other ship. "Best of luck to ya! Oh, and if you ever hear any word about another mermaid being captured, please let me know! I am still looking for my sister!"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Fame and Glory

Post by Othniel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:06 am

Seroneth, newest of the crew, finds it difficult to find words of comfort for her new captain about a woman she didn't know. She chooses silence, regretting her somewhat brash words moments before.

Back on the ship, the elf woman spends some her time wringing out her long, saltwater-soaked hair. She prestidigitates everything dry, changes out of armor and falls into her bunk. In the morning she communes with her blade and spellbook, preparing a fresh spells before going to see the other ship off.
Preparing spells again the next morning.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Fame and Glory

Post by Grimbold » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:39 pm

At Maggie's funeral, Roderick also speaks: "She was the best, the most beautiful lass that ever lived, and she will live on in our memories. She was a brave companion and I have loved her more than any other." He wipes a tear from his face. "May Besmara give her a place at her side, and by all the gods, Maggie deserves it." With that, he spills his precious Sealord Wine (after taking a sip) into the water, so Maggie will rest in wine, not in water,"

He says goodbye to Gragol and the rest of the crew of the Banshee, higs the dwarf and wishes them good luck, then watches the sail disappear at the horizon.

Then he turns to his crew. "I think we need to find a good port, where we can spend the plunder. I think we should sail to Rickety's, to get our ship in good order and refitted. Or does anyone know a closer port where we could do that? What do you think?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:09 pm

The Banshee sails off to the south, and the good feelings between ships are a rare thing, perhaps some day you'll see her again. Until then you must make it on your own. You have Tidewater Rock as a solid base of operations, and you have The Thresher now, a good ship but with a bad history. The Captain decides its time to head to port to sell your plunder, and then to Rickey Squibs, a place he knows that will 'squib' your ship, which will change the lines and look of it and you can add your ship head, and make other upgrades.

So he gives the order to his First Mate Seroneth to make the crew ship shape, and to set sail!

Huzah!
Alright, the end! Excellent chapter! Please check the OOC for loot, and jobs, the ship needs officers and you should all pick one of the roles. I'll start the new chapter shortly!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The End

Post by Grimbold » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:00 pm

"We're heading to port to sell our plunder, and then sail on to Rickety's, we can refut our ship there." Rod announces. "What are ye waitin for, ye lazy landlubbers. Set sail, aim for the horizon! For glory! And riches!"