Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Fishpork - Round 3

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:41 pm

Round 3 Seroneth 23, Rod 20, Flavina 16, Meri 12, Fishpork 9

SEroneth curses her slip, he's better than that, it was a 1 in a 20 chance honestly. So she swings around and stabs "Vengeance" into the Marsh Giant with a coat of electrical discharge. Fishpork shakes and tenses up as the magic flows through him starting at the rather large wound she's just inflicted.

Then Rod comes down out of the ship and stabs into the knee of the giant. He topples over grabbing, screaming as he's crippled by the captain's attack.

Then a second sphere of fire appears burning and burning, the dock is set on fire (that is going to cost the crew money to repair it). The flames burn away Fishpork's pants, and you can't unsee that. Screaming now Fishpork surrenders rolling himself into the water to douse the flames.

The crowd goes wild! WILD! Bets are settled, some are welched on, but the whole thing is going to be the talk of the taverns tonight. You have won the third challange!
Combat Round 3
Seronth: Attack w/ Spell Charge: "15" (Crit Threat: 27) 28 Critical Hit for 18 + Shocking Grasp 25 Shock
Rod: Move, Com Ex, Targeted Strike (Leg), Menancing Swordplay: 27 Hit for 22 Dmg, Fishprok Prone, Intimdate: 21 vs 24 Fail
Flavina: Flaming Sphere x2: He's Prone -4 Ref Save: Both Fail: 10 dmg, 15 dmg (Dock is set ablaze), Fly
Fishprk (Prone): Surrenders
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:04 pm

"Satisfied?" Flavinia comes floating through the air amidst the wreckage. "Because I could really use a drink after that particular piece of exhibitionism, or ten, not remembering any of it would be nice."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:50 am

"Aye, a drink and after that a nice, hot bath," Seroneth adds, wrinking her nose. Flicking her fingers and uttering a short phrase, she quickly cleans her blade before sheathing it.

Vengeance, for its part, is quite satisfied at the deep wound it inflicted (if mildly disappointed at not getting a killing blow) and sends Seroneth feelings warm enough to bring some color to her complexion.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:33 am

"Well done, crew!" Rod exclaims. Then he turns to Tsadok: "Ok, so we bested your tests. Do we now get what we want?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:00 am

"Hey! Hey!"

Among the crowd of people still counting out their wins and browbeating some welchers who didn't bail, one willowy dreg slowly pushes through. The dreg walks straight past the troll and the orcish first mate, reaching the gangplank of the Wicked Wench. A better look confirms that it is a tall young woman. She possesses an unnatural pallor contrasted by raven-black hair. Her stylings affect a tribal veneer - Garundi, oddly enough. At a glance, she's better equipped than the freemen she just waded through. For weapons, she appears sparsely armed, with a knife on her hip and a spear in a taut loop on her pack. But, and this is perhaps most unnerving, at the tips of her fingers are glinting, hard nails that have been trimmed into claws.

With mismatched eyes, she stares at the ship's officers with an intensity that looks worrisome, as though no one else exists. She's not about to rush the captain, surely? She addresses Roderick in accented Taldane, practically gushing over the pirates.

"You're the pirates of the Wicked Wench? The people say you're tough, but I didn't believe them, until I saw your fight! I'm Safia. I'm pretty good in a fight, too. I'm not just saying that, I can prove it, if you'll take me on as one of your crew!"
Hi! V said that I could squeeze in here. I'm going to be playing a changeling brawler with the Tiger Style. Avatar & profile incoming, if I can keep this post up.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:49 pm

"Oh well oh well. Greetings Safia. It seems beautiful women from everywhere are rushing to be close to me..." He glances at Flavinia, the human, Meri, the mermaid and Seroneth, the elf. "This is Flavinia, she's good with magic and all that, this is Meri, who came from the water to help us, and Seroneth, who is really good with a blade. Where in Besmara's name is Xie? Haven't seen him in a while. Whatever. My name is Roderick Kassandro Hektor Malaspenos Flores Belmonte, captain of the Thrasher, soon to be Free Captain. Tell us more about you, and I guess we have some places to fill on the ship."

Rod is a tall, tanned human in flashy clothes with a lot of jewelry and a tricorn hat. He wears a rapier and a suave grin.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:10 am

When introduced, Safia stares at each of the officers in turn. She stares at Meri for a second longer, and her gaze changes from a see-through stare to one of near awe. Finally she catches on to the compliment, and stutters awkwardly, taking a step back.

"Ah, sorry," she apologizes. "I didn't mean to rush at you. Right, ok. I learned a lot of useful skills out in the marshes back when my family took me out camping. I taught myself how to hunt, how to gather, how to kill." The last part receives a little extra emphasis, as though she expects it to be a strong selling point. "Fishing, and clawing up flesh-eaters and strangers wandering too close to home. And I can swim, and climb, and I know my way around a rope, too. Out in the marsh where my family took me out camping. I came into town from the coast, on Asina, my mount. It was a long journey. My home is..."

She frisks up a map, and points with her finger to the northeast, toward the Sodden Lands.

"That way. Or, what's left of it. We were raided by pirates... I heard that you sank a ship called the Deathknell. Were they pirates? I think that by coming with you, I'll run into the people who took my family. Anyway, you had to pass some tests, right? Do you have one for me?" After all of that, she appears poised, as if ready for a challenge.
Don't feel pressured to give her a job. It's just RP.

Yeah, Critical Role fanart, but it will have to do. This is as close as I can get for a hag changeling.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:02 am

"A little late for the testing, maybe?" Flavinia quips.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:58 pm

"It's certainly not for your looks, Captain," Seroneth suggests, throwing a wink at the new woman. "But you do have a way of bringing in the booty."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:56 pm

Safia takes everything so far to mean that she is welcome. She smiles at the winking elf, but she does not know quite what to do with the 2nd compliment - it catches her off guard in particular, coming from a woman - so she faces the other, with a clueless look.

"Oh, all this? I guess, but you won't regret bringing me on. I give you my word. What was all this for, anyway?"

She's not even looking at Tsadok. He might as well not be there, unless he speaks up.
Last edited by RorytheRomulan on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.