Home Port -- Welcome Chatter, Character Creation

The home port for all things Skull and Shackles!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Home Port -- Welcome Chatter, Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 pm

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles. The most important thing to keep in mind when creating your character is that piracy plays a significant role in this Adventure Path—your character should want to become a pirate, or at least not be opposed to the idea. This guide offers some tips about the types of characters that will be best suited for adventuring in the Shackles, as well as campaign traits to f lesh out those characters' backgrounds. Finally, it provides rules for ship-to-ship combat (including sample ships) that will play a major role in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path as the PCs captain their own ship in search of plunder and infamy!

Welcome to the Skull and Shackles Adventure Path (S&S). This area is for our random chatter and welcome to the game. I've sent out private invites to folks, so if you got that invite and you want to join just chatter away over a mug of rum and start talking characters.

Watch for a resource thread that will have book information and other optional rules I'll be using with the game. A must have is the Player's Guide, found in the Imperial Library or right from Paizo for free.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8rwc
Last edited by Vardaen on Fri May 10, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: Home Port-Welcome Chatter, Character Creation

Post by Eilandor » Fri May 10, 2013 7:08 pm

First!

I am currently generating an Undine Aquatic Sorcerer.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Home Port -- Welcome Chatter, Char Creation

Post by Trogdor » Fri May 10, 2013 7:11 pm

I'll be playing a brand spanking new cleric of Besmara. I'm not sure if she'll be a human or a half-elf yet. And I'm still not decided about whether she'll use a pistol. But She's 95% done.
Last edited by Trogdor on Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Looks like we have 5 folks playing in this game

Trogdor - Cleric of Besmara
Eilandor - Undine Sorcerer (Aquatic Bloodline)
MadVlat -
jigglypuff69 -
Tarciryan - This will be his first ever Pathfinder/D&D system game, so let's be nice and helpful.

I had also sent and invite to Braincandle, but he hasn't even been on in a week so I'm not holding my breath and just moving on now.

I've love to work on char gen, and maybe get things rolling next week if at all possible.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat May 11, 2013 2:36 am

Gun powder, yes or no?
Haven't made up my mind what I wish to play yet...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Sat May 11, 2013 2:59 am

Gunpowder yes.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat May 11, 2013 4:14 am

Gunpowder was far s Pathfinder has it, not in great abundance, but the occational pistol, or blunderbuss, but no canons. It is still a very rare item in Golarion. Jp expressed interest with some as well.

Looks like Tarc is going the barbarian route, boarding axe, perhaps captured as a slave and recently escaped? That fills three main roles, tank, arcane, divine. You will want a trap guy, priates like to trap their hideouts afterall.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Sat May 11, 2013 11:32 pm

So we have the following, right?

Trogdor - Cleric of Besmara
Eilandor - Undine Sorcerer (Aquatic Bloodline)
MadVlat - Undecided
jigglypuff69 - Undecided
Tarciryan - Barbarian with a boarding axe

All we really need is a rogue type between MV and JP and we're good. (Plenty of good piratical types there!) That leaves plenty of room for gunpowder with one or the other.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun May 12, 2013 2:55 am

Not to put a damper on it, but there may not be enough support for 2 pc who only focus on gunpoweder stufff, certainly you can buy firearms and there will some as rewards, etc, but I would expect to fight over the loot a bit for that

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Since I have 2 complete characters I may start up a thread for those folks with finished guys and we can intro people as they get char's done.