Home Port -- Welcome Chatter, Character Creation

The home port for all things Skull and Shackles!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Home Port -- Welcome Chatter, Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Let me give you the Course I have set, so we don't Tack too far out of the way, as I see it.

The Thresher becomes your ship now, the mutineers accept the capture and such, and sign on as crew. Gragol and the Banshee along with all the NPCS (Eilandor, Trogdor, Hayabusa, etc) sort of go their own way, and the current PCs take command of this ship as allies, and perhaps members of the same fleet. Since Rod is the Lord of Tidewater Rock, it works out just fine that you guys become the ship's officers (figure out who is who) and you start your own little venture. Of course there will be plenty of hooks and tie ins still until we set your guys on the course the AP wants you on to progress that way.

Does this make sense?

I think maybe Rod becomes Captain, and Seroneth First Mate. That gives a strong tie to the Banshee and to the Mutineers.

Thoughts?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:00 am

Sounds great. Go for it!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Alright, 13 Loyal Sailors, 3 Questionable Ones, PCs

What I'd like, and I'll mention on the OOC thread, is each player to create a NPC Profile for 2 of the NPC Pirates that are loyal sialors joining your crew. Simple, I'll post more OOC.

Use this formate, you can post right here, I'm compile.

Name (gender/race) - Swab or Rigger
2-5 sentence story about them, maybe why they are a pirate, or something weird about them (eye patch, etc).

Here are few examples from the Banshee for inspiration: (FYI these NPCs are all dead now)

Cabinlass Esmerelda: (female human - Rigger - A slender woman with a nose ring, and a chain from it that connects to her ear. She's known to sleep around with other crew members.

Black Jo Bailey: (male human) - Swab - Other than his thick black beard, and bright bald head, there isn't 'much to say about him.

Gr'wangi: (male human) - Swab - A Mwangi tribe member who joined the crew after they raided his village. He is a bulky man, speaks little to no common tongue, but seems eager to shed blood, pillage, and find new women to please him. He has a pair of axes he likes to use, and he keeps them sharp.

Jolly Swordfish: (male dwarf) - Swab - A blonde haired dwarf who mostly keeps to himself but enjoys good buttered crab.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:19 pm

Here is my collaboration.

Swabber Jon "Tiny" Olahoun (Male/Human): Jon is a large 6'7 black human, a wise older gentleman who has seen many a day battling in the decks of the Thresher, his wisdom is only marched by his ability to fight, because of his age Jon has lost all of his hair something that he makes up for by having a very large beard.

Rigger Adina Longtooth (female/elf): Adina stand a short 5'8, her small size for a elf allows her to be extremely nimble, making her job as a rigger easier, she is easy going and sometimes can even be described as motherly as long as you stay on her good side.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Rigger Joanna Farseer (Female Half-Elf): A slight woman of medium height in her mid-twenties with a birthmark on her neck that only slightly mars her beauty, Joanna came to the pirate life through her father, Winthrop Farseer, a small-time pirate captain who operated out of Port Peril. Joanna's mother was Winthrop's favorite doxie, and he doted on his daughter. When she was old enough, she sneaked on board his ship and became part of the crew. She's served on board several different ships since, and has an talent that matches her surname.

Swabber Clegg 'Shark Bait' Bonney (Male Half-Orc): Once a Chelaxian slave, Shark Bait claims he escaped a slave ship along with a family of halflings after the ship transporting them foundered in a storm. As he tells it, he pulled them out of the water, lashed together a makeshift raft, and swam to the nearest inhabited island, pulling the raft after him. Nobody's sure if the story is true, but he swims well. Shark Bait is as ugly as he is strong, having many scars, results of wounds or lashings taken in the past. He always walks about shirtless to show off.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:56 pm

So we need some jobs filled by the PCs

Captain - Rod
First Mate - Seroneth

Carpenter, Quartermaster, Master Gunner, Master-At-Arms, Chaplain, Cook

Pick one, we can fill the rest withe NPCs

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 pm

I've made a new ship sheet, I'm simply using the same stats and upgrades, etc, as the Banshee. With a few thematic edits.

She's all yours, we can move on from here. Some crew may have to join you from the Banshee to help populate the ship but I think the next scene needs to be joinging up ship to ship and we can go from there.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 pm

I call master at arms and probably chaplain, I can do both right?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

You can, we can also have some of the roles filled by NPCs, like the oracle elf Mavlina could be Chaplain or Chaplain's Aide for when you are off ship, etc.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:09 pm

That works, I can be the friendly completely amoral chaplain.