Passenger Manifest -- Players and NPC Profiles

The home port for all things Skull and Shackles!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Passenger Manifest -- Players and NPC Profiles

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Image Image They came aboard, all blades and screams. We didn't have any fight in us, and they took our provisions, our extra sails, all of our tools, and our fat sot of a captain's gold. Then they asked who the chief carpenter was. When everyone looked my way, they clapped hands on me and dragged me across to their ship. That was one year, ten battles, and twice as many ports ago. Had I known that I'd be better off on a pirate's ship than on a merchant's vessel...

“Well, it reminds me of part of a song the sailors sang when I used to cut planks for the Shipwrights' Guild: ‘There's a ship that's a leavin' Quent, and on you'll quickly sign. The captain's a tyrant, the bosun's worse, but she'll a-suit ya fine.'”

—Mathis Trevain, Master Carpenter aboard the Emerald Wake

Here we have the passenger manifest, where we will post PC and NPC profiles, and keep track of those folks on and off the ships.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Passenger Manifest -- Players and NPC Profiles

Post by MadVlat » Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 am

Name: Don Appello Medicci
Race: Human
Class: Thief

Hair: Brown
Skin: Lightly Tanned
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 175

Physical Description: With his noble stature, athletic build and uncanny good looks it is no surprise that Appello attracts the attention of many a portside lady.

History: Appello or Don Appello Medicci as he is commonly known was born to a noble house on the island of Kortos. His father dabbled in merchant shipping after retiring from the royal fleet. His mother Lucretia raised him with the help of a series nursemaids and tutors, most chased away by Appello's antics. As punishment his father arranged for the young noble to serve aboard the "Grey Myst" as a cabin boy. Soon after the assignment the merchant vessel was attacked by pirates and the young Appello taken captive aboard the "Tortured Crest". Since his capture the young Medicci has taken to the sea and the varied skills of the crew as if it were natural. It has been a year now since the sinking of the "Tortured Crest" during a tempest, and Appello has found himself aboard a new ship as a rigging monkey. A job he excels at and one that allows him the freedom from his fathers accusing stare, he so craves...

Motivations: Driven to become more than his father. Appello hopes to enjoy the fame and fortune afforded the captain's of pirating ships...

Last edited by MadVlat on Wed May 22, 2013 9:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 13, 2013 7:03 am

Name: Margaret "Maggie" O'Mally
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Cleric (of Besmara)

Hair: Red
Skin: Tanned
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 110

Physical Description: With red hair, piercing brown eyes, and an atheltic frame, Maggie is the model of a pirate lass.

History: Maggie is the daughter of an Ilizmagorti smuggler's fence. She was born at the waterfront and has been around water and ships her entire life. People even say she has Besmara's blessing, though what that means, she's never figured out. Still, she always wears a small silver skull and crossbones around her neck to honor Besmara. From the first she can remember, Maggie was working with smugglers. First it was feeding them and cleaning the rooms they took above the shop. Then it was appraising their goods and trying to get the best price for them. In time she even started to help patching up the smugglers and their ships. Soon she knew everything there was to know about a sailing ship. And occasionally - very occasionally - her father would take her along on sailing trips to sell his wares. Her father hoped this would satisfy her desire to go to sea. But it only whetted her appetite. Time and again she begged to be allowed to go to sea with one of the smugglers. But always the answer was no. Her mother had died on a smuggling vessel that had a nasty run-in with local authorities, and as a result, her father was very overprotective. But that wasn't going to keep Maggie down. Eventually, she ran away from home, took working passage on the first ship she could find that was heading to the Shackles. Unfortunately, she picked the wrong tavern to go into on her first day in town, and was shanghaid before she could find hinset - or dishonest - work.

Motivations: For now, she's just trying to survive in a bad situation. In time, she'll turn her attention to the two pillars of a pirate's life - plunder and fame.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Name: Toruk Manari
Race: Undine
Class: Sorcerer (Aquatic Bloodline)

Hair: Black
Skin: Blue
Eyes: Limpid Blue
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 240 lbs

Physical Description: Toruk is tall and muscular with dark blue skin, black hair and limpid blue eyes. While human like in physique, Toruk does maintain some defining traits from his Undine heritage which include fin-like ears and webbed hands and feet. Most Undines dress sparingly, and Toruk is no exception. He wears no shirt or shoes, just a pair of pants with a chain belt.

History: Born in Riddleport of parents who were pirates Toruk was left in his uncles stead while they were away at sea. His uncle managed a ship building factory in Riddleport and Toruk was put to work learning the trade immediately. When Toruk was able to be with his parents they would weave wondrous tales from the sea that would ultimately leave him with a yearning for adventure. Upon receiving word that the ship his parents were crew on was sacked and plundered in the isles of the Shackles, Toruk left for Port Peril immediately.

Motivations: Ultimately adventure of the pirate sort. For now however, investigating the fate of his parents.

Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri May 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Name: "Roderick Belmonte" (Roderick Kassandro Hektor Malaspenos Flores Belmonte)
Race: Human (Taldori)
Class: Swashbuckler

Hair: dark
Skin: light bronze
Eyes: blue
Height: 186cm
Weight: 78kg

Roderick was born as the fourth son of the wealthy Count Brinos Belmonte of Taldor. In his father's palace, he received a classical education, which included dance and fencing. At 20, the dashing young man was a star at most of the parties and the dream of more than one of the noble girls. Yet he was frustrated with the endless parties and chit-chat as well as the political intrigues. When he heard that his father had arranged a marriage to the daughter of another Count, he packed his things and left. His father confronted him at the doorway. "If you walk out that door, you are not my son!" Roderick left, hired on the first ship he could find in the harbor. As soon as he was on the ship, he cut off his beard (the sign of Taldorian nobility) and became a common sailor.

Roderick was a natural, talented at sailing and he enjoyed the freedom and brutishness of the life on a ship. After two years sailing on the inner sea, he came into contact with some bad friends, and worked on a smuggler. But on their first run, they were captured and were going to be detained for life in some island fortress prison. On the way, they ship resupplied in Port Peril. Somehow, Roderick escaped with his weapons and equipment (tripping the guard who had taken his weapons and beating him unconscious) and lay low for a week until his captors had left port. Then he decided to try and get a new job in the Formidably Maid.

On his travels, Roderick was introduced to the worship of Besmara, a faith he has adopted and felt a natural connection with.

Roderick's dream is to develop the traditional Taldori fencing style into something new, that suits him better. He plans to use some of the dancing steps he enjoyed as a teenager into a more effective martial art. For now, he has not been able to figure it out, but he practices often and perhaps he just needs to find the right moves to make his style deadly.
The weapon he has felt most comfortable with is a cutlass, similar to the traditional Taldoran Falcata, but lighter, and quicker.

Roderick is tall and slender with light bronze skin and dark hair. He walks with eased grace and has a charming smile. He wears worn boots and a courtier's outfit, with some jewelry (his sense of fashion probably comes from his time in Taldor). On a wide belt, he wears his cutlass and some daggers. A large hat with a white feather complement his outfit. He likes beautiful women and a good drink, a good chat and is loyal to his friends. Keeping laws is of no special interest to him but he likes to help people and dislikes hurting someone without a good reason.

Last edited by Grimbold on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:36 am

Name: Fyzzle (decesed)
Race: Kobold
Class: Alchemist

Hair: None
Skin: Blue Scales
Eyes: Draconic
Height:
Weight:

From the lips of Fyzzle, a blue scaled Kobold Alchemist...

"I'z come frum dis little izland. Just a teensy little thing, out in da big bigz ocean. Can'tz even rememberz were it iz. Wellz... one day dis ship cumz up ta our izland and all deez green guyz cumz off da big bigz boat. Dey offerin' da Chief of our village all kindz of trincketz and baublezez. Dey sayz dey want ta bez frriends. I don't be ba-lieven' demz, so I sneaks onta dere big bigz boat while da Cap-tum talkz wit our Chief." Fyzzle reaches for some still squirming octopus and shoves it into his maw, chomping away.

"So I'z be pokin' roundz and looksie'in for stuffz and wouldn't cha knowz it... Deez stinkyz, orksa'siz thingz have a whole room under da floorz of da big bigz boat ta putz slaves and stuff in. Like myz village! So I'z sayz ta myself, 'Fyzzle, ya can't be letten'z da village be slavez. Do sumthin.' So I doez. I finds dis table wiff all of deez bottles and stuffz on it and start ta tip demz over and mixin' da stuffz. So it's catch on da firez! Who'da knew itz? So'z, I dump morez. And da firez get bigger! Who'da knew itz? So, I put morez on and morez and morez. Pretty soonz da firez huiga and dem green guyz starts screemin' and yellin. Wellz I thought it'a be a good timez ta leave, so I jump off da sidez of da big bigz boat and be glidin' ta the shore. I jumpz on a rock and watchez da firez and da orksa'siz burn. It wuz pretty funny." The little koblod even leaps onto the table to show the way he sat and watched the orc slaver ship burn.

"So'z ta make a long story shotz, I go back ta da village to be welcomed as a hero, cause that what da voices told me I wuz gonna be. A hERO for saving da village. Well da nervez of da Chief and that Cap-Tum! Deyz were mad at me for burnin da orcsa'siz and the big bigz boat. 'But ya don't knowz tha wholez story!?!?', I sayz. But da Chief only got the spakly bitz on his mind. So what does ole' Fyzzle get as a rewardz? Tied to a log and left ta driftz at high tide and da Cap-tum gets ta stay! In myz shack! Deyz give um my shack! So I'z screamin' at dem, "Fine! I didn't wantz ta stay in a village where I can'tz be a hero and I ain't living with anyz stinky orcsa'siz!' I toldz dem I did." Fyzzle shakes his fist in anger as he speaks, caught up in the story.

"So'z I drift about till a merchantz boatz be findin' me and promisedez to take me ta port. Too badz that big bigz boat had an accident and it burned as it made port. No, no... I'z got nuthin ta do with dat. Reallyz. I got witnessez and everything! So here I'z am. Ready ta workz and mix things up. Your big bogz boat not be made'a wood iz itz?"
Image Image
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Tarciryan
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tarciryan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:51 am

Name:Jandarian "Jain" Sogworth Jones
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian

Hair: Dark Brown
Skin:Light Olive
Eyes: Green
Height: 6'2"/190cm
Weight: 210lbs/95kg

Physical Description: Scarred but handsome face, very masculine with distinctive jawline and high cheekbones. His dark brown hair falls to his shoulders, while a clean shaven beard frames his face. His build is very muscular yet he does not come off as huge. He is of above average height and his posture is always straight and guarded.

History: Jain was born Jandarian Jones in Starfall, right into the workings of the Technic League and in the shadow of The Silver Mount. His father was a captain in The League, but when Jain was seven he disappeared without a trace. Jain has little doubt that he is dead, remembering him as a cold, callous man with little love for both Jain and his younger brother Jakon (Jakorian), leaving them with a distant relative for most of their childhood. Thus, Jain never mourned for his father but spent his childhood and adolescence taking care of Jakon. However as he reached adulthood (I don't know at what age people in Patfhinder are supposedly adults, but let's say 16), The League came for Jain. With initial promises of great power he was set to work in their lavish laboratories as a worker bee, taking equipment all across the great halls of the Acolytes Tower, here most of the technologies derived from the Silver Mount was developed. Here he spent his days mining out metal, carrying, brushing, scrubbing, pushing, washing and polishing. His hands grew hard and his body grew strong. w He lived there and every attempt to leave and see his brother was swiftly declined.

When Jain witnessed one of the decrepit sorcerers of the Tower, half mad from whatever seeped out of the White Mount, performing horrendous experiments on living people, Jain tried to stop it. As a result he was thrown in a dungeon for half a year (again, not sure how time is measured, but I guess «year» is a term) and then thrown out of a wagon far outside the walls of Starfall and away from it's decadent ruler and crazed army of magi engineers. At this time Jain was 19. He roamed the plains of Numeria for weeks, seeing nothing but wild animals and scattered settlements. He lived off rain water and berries, in between the rare gift of a stranger, who took pity on the emaciated young man. The only thing he remembers is what looked like the ruins of a great battlefield, ancient weapons rusted beyond use, scattered across miles of plains, amid which was found a strange two-story monument with a moss-covered carvings on the side. Strange enough, the bottom part seemed to be made from earth and the top from hard stone. Later he would yern to re-visit this place of great power and barbaric beauty.

Parched, starving and deprived of energy, Jain stumbled upon the unwelcome gated town of Lackthroat. Here he was shown no mercy and soon found himself an unwilling recruit to Harrin Two-Face, so called for the burn that scarred the left of his face. Harrin took the willing and unwilling alike and trained them for the fighting pits. His journey through the wild had left Jain weak, but his body was still strong. He was well fed and trained, and with no chance of escape he soon found himself a favorite among the gamblers at Harrin's Den, eventually gaining the dubious nickname Punchline, due to his eventual habit of verbally abusing his opponents after their defeat.

When Harrin welcomed Dorian Grain as a guest of honor, they made a bet between Jain and Sorian's champion Sogwell. Ten seconds before the bell rang it was announced, this was a fight to the death, mortal combat. Jain gained three scars across his face that day, aswell as a broken nose fractured collar-bone...but he did not die. Sogwell did, and for the first time since he left Starfall Jain felt sad as this strong, proud man with kind blue eyes and a melancholic face, fell before him. In his honor he took Sogwell as his middle-name and has carried it ever since.

At 22 Jain managed to escape his captor during a tournament transport to Dravod Knock. His cage was crushed to the ground when the cart carrying him lost his wheel. Among the 50 or so prisoners, he watched at least 20 try to escape with him. Jain entered the treeline alone and never looked back. He soon found himself in stormy and unwelcome shores The Sodden Lands. TBC.

Motivations: Coming Soon!
Last edited by Tarciryan on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Officers of the Wormwood

Captain Barnabas Harrigan (Male Human) Indifferent/Immune
He is a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch.

“Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering' to join my crew. I'm Barnabas Harrigan. That's Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you'll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don't speak to me. I like talk, but I don't like your talk. Follow that rule and we'll all get along fine. Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we're still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There'll be a keelhaulin' for anyone caught killin' anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you'd be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it'll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of 'em.”
Mr.Plugg (Male Human) Hostile/Immune
Mr. Plugg is the Wormwood's bullying and sadistic first mate. He is Captain Harrigan's second-in-command, and his word is law on deck. He takes an immediate dislike to the you and any friends they make among the crew.

Mister Plugg is the Wormwood's first mate. He looks down at you all and the other impressed captives and smiles unpleasantly. Plugg has no time for small talk or pleasantries. Bald except for a black ponytail and sporting long, narrow beard, Mr. Plugg somehow looks angry, miserable, and uncomfortable, all at the same time. Bare-chested, he wears an immaculate coat with pearl buttons and carries a cat-o'-nine-tails with him at all times. He clearly takes great pride in himself — everything about him shines, from the polish on his boots to the dome of his head. His teeth are gray and yellow, however, and his face is fixed in an almost constant grimace. He spends a moment to look the group over, giving you a second to get your barrings.

Gossip - From Crimson Cog: "If Scourge is a bastard, and he is mind you, then Mr.Plugg is his mother and father. One piece of advice, do as he says. He's the 1st mate, but he's only been on board barely a year so I hear. He's the apple of the captain's eye, that one he is. Harrigan treats him like a son -- but not a legitimate one, of course."

Gossip - From Sandara: "People who cross Plugg end up dead -- stabbed, poisoned, throttled, town overboard. Take your pick, they always end up dead so I hear. He has friends everywhere, high and low. We need to stick together."
(Male Human)Image
Master Scourge Hostile/Immune
Master Scourge is the Wormwood's boatswain and master at-arms, and Mr. Plugg's right-hand man. As boatswain, he is in charge of all activities and sailors on deck, and as master-at-arms, he is responsible for discipline. Master Scourge is a sneering man with a braided beard and a mouth full of gold teeth. His body is tall and thin, and even his long coat and heavy boots fail to give any impression of strength or bulk. A sadistic bastard, Scourge uses his association with Plugg as protection and in return has no morals when it comes to the tasks his master sets. He is bold and violent when the odds are stacked in his favor, happily kicking a dying dog in the street if asked to do so.

The Boatswain of the Wormwood stands at about six feet with a sway to his steps that speaks volumes of a life at sea. A red bandanna is wrapped around his head with thick black hair falling out from under it to match his heavy black beard. A long black leather trench coat hangs off his shoulders with light leathers and cottons under that. A boarding ax is tucked into his belt, and off it hangs a coiled up whip. He pushes his way into the room and moves to push a man out of his chair almost instantly. Walking up onto the chair he stands taller than the room and surveys the chamber. "Listen up you filthy swabs! The glorious Wormwood is lookin fer new recruits! She's the leanest ship in port, with a viscous keel and a capt'in to match! You look'in for plunger! For fighting! For the freedom of the seas? I'm here to sign you up!"
Other Officers
Peppery Longfarthing (female human): sailing master and old friend of the captain - Indifferent/Immune

Riaris Krine (female human): master gunner - Indifferent/Immune

Habbly Quarne, the “Stitchman” (male human): ship's surgeon and carpenter - Indifferent/Immune

Kipper (male human): gunner's mate and bootlicker for Plugg and Scourge - Hostile

Patch Patchsalt (female gnome): boatswain's mate and sycophant of Plugg and Scourge - Hostile

"Caulky" Tarroon (female human): the captain's cabin girl - Friendly

Owlbear Hartshorn (male human): simpleton and “pet” of Mr. Plugg
Down in the Middle Hold chained to the foremast is a large scary looking man. He has meaty fists, and a dull look in his eyes. He appears to bare signs of recently being tarred and feathered. His presence keeps Jain from out of the area for now, but he does learn they call him Owlbear Hartshorn. - Friendly
* Many of these officers are simply not about to attempt influence checks with. They don't slum it with the regular crew.
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Other Recent Press-Ganged Recruits

Sandara Quinn (Female Human)
A human woman, in all the right attire for a pirate stands at the end of the line. She smiles at Toruk when he glances her way and she gives a silent nod to him. Its curious she seems well equipped and dressed, unlike the rest of you. Crowned with a mane of fiery red locks, Sandara looks like someone not to be crossed. Yet the smile lines at the corners of her eyes and the easy way she holds herself hint at a lighter side. She dresses to accentuate her figure, and her whole appearance speaks of the sea, from the seagull feather in her tricorne hat to the sailor tattoos on her arms.

Attitude: Helpful
Crimson "Cog" Cogsworth (Male Human)
He's a sour looking chap, a five o'clock shadow on his face with a small beard jutting of the bottom of the chin only. He wears a a blue Varisian scarf tied tight around his shaven head and the back of his neck is bright red, flushed with anger it would seem.

Attitude: Friendly
Conchobhar Turlach Shortstone (Male Gnome)
Conchobhar Shortstone is a handsome, honey-tongued gnome who wears a foppish purple hat, an eye patch, and a white silk shirt, and carries a dandyish cane. His appearance is that of someone pretending to be a pirate, rather than a true buccaneer. Conchobhar is also a serial womanizer. He finds Rosie Cusswell magnificent.

Attidude: Helpful
Rosie Cusswell (Female Halfling)
Short but fierce, Rosie Cusswell has more muscles than most of the crew, and a fouler mouth than all of them put together. Rosie is from Port Peril, and like the rest of you was impressed onto the Wormwood's crew. She has been on board for 3 days longer than you and has already made her mark by threatening to chop off the hand of anyone who messes with her with her beloved handaxe. She has a healthy hatred of Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge, who did not take her threats kindly. Rosie loathes the attention of Conchobhar Shortstone. Like many half lings, Rosie loves food, drink, and tall tales. At the start of the adventure, Rosie is missing her fiddle, and has been unable to convince the quartermaster Cut-Throat Grok to give it back to her (having lost her temper when initially trying to do so).

Attitude: Helpful
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Pirates of the Wormwood

Riggers/Topmen

Barefoot Samms Toppin is a female human, apparently from the Sodden Lands who used to be a fisherwoman. Her name comes from the fact she never wears any shoes. - Helpful DEAD

"Ratline" Rattsberger is a rat faced little halfling man with long arms for his kind. On his one hand he's missing three fingers but it doesn't seem to slow him down on the lines. - Unfriendly DEAD

Maheem is a rather large Rahadoumi human man with a permanent scowl. During Maggie's first few minutes on the ropes he 'accidentally' cuts a rope she on and she just catches herself before falling to the deck some forty feet. He shrugs when Maggie looks up at him and he puts his bronze knife into his mouth and climbs away. - Helpful

Slippery Syl Lonegan is a female human who is an unhinged murderer who fled to sea to escape the gallows. - Hostile DEAD

Tam "Narwhal" Tate is a male dwarf with a busted up nose, friend of Syl Lonegan. - Hostile

Swabs

Jaundiced Jape (male half-orc): a humorless, greedy half-orc mute. - Hostile

Fipps Chumlett (male human): a fat, pushy bully with a shaved head. - Hostile DEAD

Aretta Bansion (female human): a bad tempered exharlot with big ears. - DEAD

Shivikah (female human): a very tall Mwangi exslaver. - Hostile DEAD

Giffer Tibbs (female gnome): a bedraggled gnome with one eye. - DEAD

Tilly Brackett (female human): a tough joker who likes her rum. - Helpful DEAD

"Badger" Medlar (female half-elf ): an older woman who shaves her gray hair into stripes. - Helpful DEAD

Jack Scrimshaw (male human): a young lad talented at scrimshaw. - Helpful DEAD

Jakes Magpie (male human): a thief caught stealing from the quartermaster's store and sentenced to keelhauling on your first day - DEAD

For an accurate listing of current crew members on the Besmara's Banshee see the GDoc Sheet for the ship.
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 22 times in total.