Comments, Complaints, Compliments

The home port for all things Skull and Shackles!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Comments, Complaints, Compliments

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 pm

As per normal, this is my, "How am I doing?" thread. What do you like, what do you hate, what you want more or less of? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts here so I know how to keep the game fun for you.

For my part I'm having a good time. I'm doubly excited to hear that Tarc maybe back to join us once again as Jain!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Comments, Complaints, Compliments

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:17 pm

I may have to edit this or add another post later. My head is not too focused on this now because of university.

But I did like it. I mean, okay, this is only my second PF game and many times I need to look up what the hell I cana ctually do and what I cannot do. And my first bard. Don't want to praise myself though. I keep that to others. ;)

Anyway. Yeah. I enjoyed it. Kinda light on fancy PF loot I admit but then this is still rather low-level still.

What I like: Overall, I cannot pick out anything in particular that made me think "That was great. I want to see more of that." There was a small thing I liked though. That was the part where I could substitute the climb on the rope with an Ahtletics jump when we boarded the other ship. That was cool. I'm also quite surprised that my melee went rather well in the fight too because I kinda expected to just not hit most of the time. I want to see more good roll results. But then, who doesn't want that? I'm also surprised that the combat went so quickly (or my perception is just screwed up) for a pbp combat.

What I hate: Gee... I cannot really say. That Jain kinda just dropped doing anything and collected crabs at the reef was kinda... disappointing but I guess that was around Tarc left so... Oh, I hate the part where I was drunk in the evening and had to choose between doing any actions or waking up still fatigued. I hated Jack's death too but it happens. :) And the ship jobs that forced CON rolls. Sure I get that these are part of it but loading up on Fatigue always bothered me a lot because it meant I could not do much in the evening.

More: Fancy loot (and I don't mean something like "Staff of exploding kindeys" or something like that). More sweet rolls (the dice, not the bakery goods. But you can send those my way too).

Less: Pretty much the opposite of "More". Also less whipping and rotting feet (Man, I sure hope I did not make V remember those by writing this).
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Oh yeah, trench foot, thanks for the reminder!

No more Rum Rations, but, that's actually going to something you wish you had.... with Mr.Plugg in charge, it can only get worse :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:45 am

Yeah, I'm not glance over the stuff that happens to my character, man.

Indeed, with Mr Plugg at the helm it won't get better. Wait... is that what is going to happen to the PCs?

Something that I just recalled: The firearms stuff didn't get a lot of attention so far and it is something I was looking forward to. I have to get me a feat to use the first but still those things are items that intrigue me because aside from Warhammer I cannot think of any other fantasy setting (there probably are but I don't know a ton of games) which I find always a bit of puzzling since there are alchemists around and rudimentary explosives can be found in some.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Love the game, and the importance of different skills you need (over mere combat prowess). I am curious to see where it goes from now on and anxious to get some more freedom from those vile pirates...

I like Rod as an interesting character that could not really be played in a different setting (he is a free hand fighter), and I am looking forward to the new swashbuckler class that is being tested right now. I had looked at a lot of classes and nothing was exactly what I was looking for. With swashbuckler that is solved.

Anyway, great game, always looking forward to what's gonna happen. Hope we get our revenge on Plugg soon...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:35 am

Now that we're back to daily jobs on the Man's Promise are we allowed to try and influence people again as our daily actions?

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:36 am

Trogdor wrote:Now that we're back to daily jobs on the Man's Promise are we allowed to try and influence people again as our daily actions?
Good question. Depending on the answer I would probably shift to that if we can do that...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:34 am

Not really. People are locked at this point and the crew is polarized. I will let you try and influence friendly people to helpful only but if they dont like you by now it's too late to change that.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:36 am

Also I was glad to hear these comments. Glad things arw fun for folks I know this is one of my fav to run.

Also I know I know back to the grind byt its to make a point and not really that long.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:38 am

Okay, there's one friendly person I can try and make helpful. I'll edit my action to show that.