Book 3: Chapter 1 - Strait to It

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Cloud's Destiny: Night Two - A Choice

Post by Othniel » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:33 pm

"I shall go up, where I can see the sky!" Ceridwen shouts, bidding Summer Blossom to follow.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:22 am

"Tyra be with you!" Wishing Ceridwen good fortune, Taris joins the guards heading toward the ship's hold.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:30 pm

The GM screams, are you Effing Kidding Me? You split the party?

TPK, you both die! :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:51 pm

"Are you kidding me?!?" Zeevan shouts in exasperation at the split. She wants to protect the hold, since whatever powers this ship could be shut down and then they free-fall to their deaths. Ceridwen is a promising new ally, but Taris and she have fought together. So, Ceridwen and Summer Blossom are on their own. The ninja follows Taris deeper into the hold.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Book 3: Chapter 1 - Strait to It

Post by Othniel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:47 am

"We shall be fine! Arawai protects me." Pausing on the way, Ceridwen casts a few spells on herself and upon Summer Blossom. "Best not meet any foes unprepared!" she says to the tigress.

Summer Blossom growls agreement.
Going to pause to use my archetype's Nature's Armaments ability to lose a spell and cast Shillelagh. I'll lose Goodberry for that. I'll also cast Barkskin on myself and Strong Jaw on Summer Blossom.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:01 pm

Taris and Zeevan head for the hold, Ceridwen makes for the deck....

Taris and Zeevan move toward the hold but before they reach below they spot the halfling Alrak Fanghunter laying half knocked out in the middle of a passageway. The halfling is bleeding from his head, but is still breathing...

Ceridwen pushes open a hatch to the upper deck and spots a shadowy shape swoop by over head. Three House Lyrandar guards lay splayed out on the deck before her. She pauses and casts a few spells on herself and Summer Blossom to make sure she's ready. Again another two shapes swoop overhead as screams are heard. She recognized them as Glidewings, flying dinosaurs, each with a ebony skinned rider -- they look like drow from Xen'rik at first glance.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 pm

"Alrak." Pulled by a strange compulsion that parallels with her will, Taris reaches down and touches the dino wrangler with an uncanny energy manifesting through her hand, transferring it to him. "Are you all right? Can you stand?"
Lay Hands on Alrak, with a flowery description for her first time using it.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:42 am

"Summer Blossom, be careful," the druidess cautions her tiger friend. "You don't want to fall from this vessel." Ceridwen looks around to see what defense is being made for the airship, but readies herself to strike in case of need.
Looking around to see if there's any "good guys" up and fighting. Ready action to thwack any baddy that comes within range of my shillelagh.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:08 am

As Taris goes to aid the downed halfling, Zeevan draws her swords and goes past Alrak, defending him from whatever might be deeper in the ship. "What attacked you?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Taris feels a silvery power flow through her as she reaches down and check on Alrak. The healing spreads though her and into him and his eyes flutter open and he is saved from the brink of death. "My...my leg is broken, I can't move." He reaches down and grip is tightly. "Thank...thank you, you saved me." Zeevan moves to guard the pair and looks bad to ask his question. Alrak answers, "It was the dinosaurs. They are loose, the ones we were transporting. Something happened. Someone let them out, but... but they are enraged, wilder than when we caught them. Someone did that to them, its not natural. They are running amuck!" He winces trying to move, but with his broken leg he's not going any place.

Up on the deck Ceridwen stays in the door way looking around. The ships guards are moving to man the ballista on the for and aft decks. They have bows in hand and are shooting at the Glidewings, but there are a dozen of the attackers or more. That's when she watches one of the Drow direct its beast to swoop down and grab one of the innocent passengers and scoop them up in its talons! She can see where this is going, the rider is about to fly them off the side and drop them to their death!!!