Resource - Quests and Important Information

Here is the OOC forum for the Grey Company game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Resource - Quests and Important Information

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:49 am

This thread will be a place for me to track your various missions. It will also have other important information on it about the shards, etc...

Missing Persons

Given By: The Harbor Lord Jonas Wylkes via Imric

What: People have been going missing, again, out of the Harbor District. They end up returning but don't ever remember being missing, and appear as vagabonds when finally founds. The Stormreach Guard isn't doing much about it.

Reward: 500gp per person found and returned. 1200XP if you solve the mystery.

Status: Investigated: The group followed up on rumors of Lhazzarite Slavers. Turned out to be just a trap to capture members of the Grey Company. Plutivarch the "Slaver" in charge was captured at the Puffy Pelican and turned over the Stormreach Guard for a 100gp Reward.

Closed. 4 People Saved (Inclunding Fenster the Blight)
There is a knock on the door and Imric, the Company Commander's Aide opens the door and arrives. "Colonel, gentlemen, and lady." He nods to the group, and is carrying with him a few different items. He first sets down a small sack that makes the jiggling noise of coins. "There reward as promised for the group." He unties it and shows it, there are a 100 platinum coins inside for the group to share. "I also took the liberty of bringing this with me. I know Val'trith you are rather busy and won't have time for it." He lays out a scroll and weights the edges of it, "The Harbor Lord Jonas Wylkes has sent out a general call for help. Seems the Grey Company has made enough of a name for itself already that we are being included among the other organizations he's asked for help from, including the Blackwheel Company, Covenant of Light, the Crimson Codex, the Hollow Shards and the Iron Watch to name a few." He taps the scrolls bottom where you can see an official looking wax seal. "Anyhow, it appears that people have started going missing from the Harbor District, again, I might add." He just paraphrases, "Seems mostly from the waterfront areas, the Styes, the areas near the Giant's Span, obviously areas with a very weak Stormreach Guard presence. Despite the fact that the majority of the missing people eventually seem to turn up (although living as vagrants with no memories of their time spent away from Stormreach -- if indeed they ever left), rumors are spreading that the city has no interest in solving the mystery and preventing future disappearances. So the Harbor Lord has grown frustrated with these rumors and the watch's apparent inability to explain the mystery. So he's approached us and the other key organizations as I said with offers of rewards if the problem can be solved." He scans down through the scroll for a bit, "Ah here it is, anyone rescued earns a reward of 500 gold per victim returned! A tidy bit." He hands the scroll to Val to read over and confirm.

Exploring the Past

Given By: Nirus of the Grey Tower

What: Nirus wants you to document any ancient cultural discoveries you might find inside the Crow or the Griant's Span. Shrines, temples, statues, runes, and painting, that sort of thing.

Reward: 500gp per piece of history documented and delivered to Nirus.

Discoveries Found:

B19. The eastern wall depicts a fresco of a tall, redheaded elf woman with a ranseur standing over a short, hunch-backed man-the ranseur is impaled in the man's belly, and his twisted demonic hands clutch at the shaft as black smoke wafts up from his face and wounds. (Good Copy Made: 1000gp not just 500gp) - Awarded

C1 - Statue of Sulatar Rune Lord, radiate faint magic. - Awarded 400XP, 500 gp

C18 - Ancient Lab - The northern wall depicts a vast mural of armies of a mountainous island. Above, a woman's face has been carved into the mountaintop, and an immense bridge arches out from just below the woman's face. Below the mountain, at the end of a side side of a tangled network of cavers, lies a vast underground vault in which an immense monstrosity of tentacles surrounds a central fanged mouth; within the mouth glares an angry red eye. "Hollow Mountain in Xen'drik" - Awarded 400XP, 500 gp

C20 - Map of the Rift Siphon Maz, and samples of the runes on the walls - Awarded 400XP, 500 gp

D15 - Shidedron Shrine - Awarded 400XP, 500 gp
Nirus nods to Fletcher and states, "I would like to accompany you on your mission. Alas, there is another impending disaster that could destroy the world which my services are needed alongside the other members of the Grey Company."

The elf sits down an ancient tome with writings in a very old language which appears to be a mix of undercommon, elvish, and Giant. "The Giant's Span which you heading into may contain some ancient artifacts or books. I have been told that some of the internal chambers may contain these items."

"I would like you to detail any runes, shrines, or statues with illustrations and a map, so I might revisit when I have ample time. I am very interested in learning more about the time the Giants ruled and the birth and escape of my ancestors from Xen'drik. I can compensate you for any worthwhile discoveries with 500 gold pieces per discovery."

"You will also have my thanks and favors which I hope to repay at a later time, when I can assist."

Return the Locket

Given By: Captain Lockerbie Brast

What: The captain's ship was sunk in the harbor during a storm and he ended up a Lacedon, an aquatic ghoul. He has asked you to recover his locket and return it to his wife, but spare her the pain of knowing what's become of him.

Reward: Brast, on a promise you'd return the locket, aided the party by guiding them to the Derro and missing people. He even joined in the battle.

Status: The locket has been recovered, but Liza Jane Brast has not been contacted yet about it.
Brast glares at Helion, "And you are a halfling, gluttons and thieves by nature? He snarls exposing his bright red rotting gums and his pale yellow teeth. He turns to Fletcher and draws back letting the snarl go. "Yes... yes...what I need. When my ship the Liza Jane sank it took with it something vlauable, a broach. If you can recover it for me I will tell you all I know about the dangerous chambers and inhabitants to the south. If you would go one more step and deliver it to my wife I'll even help you deal with those to the south. I ask you spare my wife the pain of knowing that her husband has become...this." He motions at himself.

Brast smiles at the Warforged, "I don't know where she might be now, but when last I knew she was in our home together in the Summerfield district of the Southwatch Ward, just up the river and near to the Ship's Cat." He gives a bit more detailed directions and it should be easy enough to find the place or ask around the area.
Last edited by Vardaen on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Resource - Quests and Important Information

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Chapter 1 Images:

Natalya (Val's drawing of her)
Old Warehouse (concept art)
Fenster the Blight
Sewer Goblins
Natalay's Hideout
Thugs of the Bilge Rats
Terisha of the Bilge Rats
Shard of Pride
"Slaver" Plutivarch
The Puffy Pelican
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Resource - Quests and Important Information

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Book 2: Chapter 1 Quests

Open Quests
Strange Herbs from the Swamp
Quest Giver: Nirus

viewtopic.php?p=332781#p332781

Nirus scratches the dog on the head, "Nothing too difficult for you. However, if you are in fact heading into the Marsh of Desolation then I have a fetch and grab mission for you." He let's the dog go and strides up a bit closer. "With the rise of popularity of various herbs like whiplily, frog's eye, miresh, and fen pepper (mostly as flavorful additives to food and drink). If you are heading in to the Marsh, where these plants grow wild, perhaps you could broker an agreement with a group of locals to establish a regular trade route to Stormreach. The Tower could turn a good profit from such a trade route with folks like the Giants of Rusheme and others. Now I don't care who those locals are, they could be troglodytes or boggards or the like, as long as they're willing to honor a deal and don't cause trouble. After all, spices taste the same no matter who gathers them, right?"

Seeking Salacious Relics
Quest Giver: Katarina / Ayavah

viewtopic.php?p=332978#p332978

Katarina nods to Nirus, then whispers to Zeevan and Jay, "He love it when I mess with him, he just won't admit it." With a wink she lifts her voice, "Now then, the Grey Tower was recently just given a standing contract for artifact recovery from the depths of Xen'drik, it seems we have a patron of the arts that might pay well for things you could run across at The Lady's Light. You see the eccentric sculptor Ayavah is an unusual artist - her workshop is in one of the Giantspan's pilings in Underbridge, for one. For another, the sculptures she makes are of a risque nature, with her most famous works being small but incredibly detailed sculptures of entwined succubi. She is interested in any treasures associated with succubi, and apparently the Lady's Light is on her list as a possible location such things might be found. So if you find anything worth making a rubbing, or texts, or artifacts or what not, bring them back to us or her and we can see about getting the best price possible for them."
Closed Quests