Prelude: Weird Science

Ever wonder if all the myths were true? Is there really something that goes bump in the night? What lies below the surface that waits for some unsuspecting fool?In the Hidden World one soon finds out that not everything is as peaceful and unsuspecting as it seems. Ancient myths awaken as old conspiracies gather their armies in an attempt to protect the surface world and struggle for knowledge and power.Run by GM Gabrian
Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Prelude: Weird Science

Post by Gabrian » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:58 am

Sept 23rd, 2013

Sayre, PA

Ken woke suddenly, a dream of sandy beaches and beautiful women ruined ruined. He looked around for the culprit, which he found to be a mixture of incessant buzzing from his alarm clock and repeated 'dings' from his cell phone indicating new messages. A cursory glance of the smartphone showed voicemails, texts and new e-mails numbering in the dozens. How could he sleep through all that noise? Digging deeper the first text showed no promise of an easy day as words like "Disaster", "Cataclysmic event", and "Apocalyptic Doom" glared back at him. Turning on the news, the screen showed no signs of relenting as his morning news anchor began his first story...

"A Terrorist attack on the headquarters of the international Orochi group. First reports of widespread destruction in the now abandoned district of Tokyo. We now join our Asian correspondents to ask, 'Just what is the japanese Government hiding? And Why?'"

Realization came to Ken. Something has happened at Headquarters.
This is for EvilMonkey!

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude: Weird Science

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 pm

"Oh shit, now what?" Ken voices to himself. Rubbing the sleep from his face as he rises. Quickly going about his morning routine, burning his toast, spilling coffee on his tie, cursing his cereal for letting his milk turn sour. And finally just screaming to the sky "Fuck it, McGriddles for breakfast." All the while watching the news for any new information about headquarters.

He grabs his phone and keys as he heads out the door. He gets into the vintage 68' Barricuda and turns over the ignition. The massive V8 roars to life as Ken takes a moment to call his boss to see just what exactly is going on.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:50 am

The phone rings several times before reaching his boss' voicemail. The familiar message, "You have reached the phone of Dr. Kenneth Geiger, please leave a message." is heard, but no beep comes. Instead, a robotic woman's voice comes back to inform Ken that, "I'm sorry. The voice mail box of the user you are trying to reach is full. Please try again later."

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 am

Ken clicks the end button and unceremoniously tosses the phone into the passenger seat. "Well, shit, Ken's gonna be miserable today having to sort through those messages." He pulls the shifter into 1st gear and rolls out of the driveway. Weaving through side streets in order to dodge most of the stoplights on his way to the laboratory. "Let's see, have to feed the Mambas tonight, clean out the Gaboon's cage, and I really hope the Habu's shed comes off on it's own. Really not too keen on having to take that ornery beast out of it's cage to help it along."
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Ken makes his way to work quickly, avoiding major traffic points and stoplights along the way. As work comes into sight, the scene is vastly different from a regular day. The normally sparse parking lot is now filled to beyond full with an assortment of cars, vans and other vehicles, all bearing the symbol of the Orochi corporation on their sides, or as Ken knows it... 'headquarters'.

Taking a surprisingly long time Ken eventually finds a parking space between a couple of the recent additions, allowing him to finally enter work.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:42 pm

Ken steps out of the car, grabbing his possessions before locking and closing the door. Making his way through the doors to the laboratory he shows his employee ID to the frazzled looking security guard. "Hey Ted, whats with the madhouse?"
sorry it took so long, vacation was fun but exhausting, and then had a lot of unpacking and such yesterday.

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:09 pm

"Only thing I know is HQ came in with a TON of crates. No idea what's in them, but then again that's your department. Place is a mad house though," Ted nods in agreement, "With all the new people in and out I can barely keep things straight. You better hurry though, the Doc about to explode."

Ted presses a button behind his security desk and an audible click can be heard from the door leading to the labs.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 pm

"Well, keep on keeping on, Ted." Ken smiles as he walks through the doors into the lab. "This oughta be good!" He thinks to himself as he makes his way to the bosses office. Expertly navigating his way past vipers, both in cages and Armani suits. He finally makes his way to the main office and glances through the small window on the door. Seeing the red face of his boss complete with bulging veins he steels himself for the inevitable explosion before knocking on the door.