Prelude: Hippocratic Oath

Ever wonder if all the myths were true? Is there really something that goes bump in the night? What lies below the surface that waits for some unsuspecting fool?In the Hidden World one soon finds out that not everything is as peaceful and unsuspecting as it seems. Ancient myths awaken as old conspiracies gather their armies in an attempt to protect the surface world and struggle for knowledge and power.Run by GM Gabrian
Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Prelude: Hippocratic Oath

Post by Gabrian » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 am

Sept. 23rd, 2013

Chapel Hill, NC

The day started as any other day. Sun shining through the windows on a cool September day. Though not quite fall, a breeze could be felt through open windows throughout her house. Checking her phone, Zahra saw that she missed no messages or calls during what had ben possibly the best sleep she had ever had in her life. Something about it felt different, renewing down to her soul... and her soul needed it. Over the past week a new outbreak of substance abusers had trickled in from Raleigh, and her plate had been full with overtime. Despite the overwhelming nature, the smell of fresh coffee brewing and the beautiful brought about a sense of hope for the future. Sadly, turning on the news was a shock of reality into her pleasant dream...

The woman on the television began, "A Terrorist attack on the headquarters of the international Orochi group. First reports of widespread destruction in the now abandoned district of Tokyo. We now join our Asian correspondents to ask, 'Just what is the japanese Government hiding? And Why?'"

The name struck her suddenly, wasn't that the company that owned the hospital in Raleigh? Thinking harder, she remembers they owned the company of EMTs and Paramedics she worked for too. Something so serious, so close to home, and the day had just begun...
This is for RevBug!

reverendbug
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Prelude: Hippocratic Oath

Post by reverendbug » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:41 am

Zahra made herself a small breakfast of oatmeal and coffee. "I can shower and dress later," she decided, "this seems as though it may be important." She sat down in her breakfast nook and listened to the reporter as he went on. "I wonder if this has some connection to the higher number of junkies lately."
~RevBug

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:23 am

Zahra eats in silence as she stays tuned to the news. Over the time it takes her to finish her breakfast the TV never strays from the story, though no more information than what was originally heard is given. The familiar sound of "And we will keep you updated as more information comes to us," is heard from the anchorwoman more than once during this time.

reverendbug
Level 1
Level 1

Post by reverendbug » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:51 am

Zahra shrugs, cleans up breakfast, and gets ready for the day. 'The world these days. Oh well, better head off and out.' She gets into her Prius and drives off to work, still thinking about the broadcast as she drives. 'Well, at least I'll still be able to put food on my table for one.'
~RevBug

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Zahra readies herself for another busy day in the life of a substance abuse councilor. With a shocking lack of sound the small hybrid springs to life and she is off.

The commute to work is nothing out of the ordinary, with normal traffic in the normal spots and taking the normal amount of time. Pulling into the parking lot Zahra spots the familiar sign of the 'Wellness Institute', as well as a group of several adults walking the campus on what she knows to be part of their daily exercise, which mentally signals the beginning of another work day.

reverendbug
Level 1
Level 1

Post by reverendbug » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:07 am

She walks up to the front desk and chats with the nurse there as she does every morning. Same old, same old. Nope, nothing out of the ordinary today. She sits down in her office and sighs under her breath. "I just wish something new would happen. I really don't care what at this point. The monotony is starting to make me crazy."
~RevBug