Welcome Chatter

OOC Forum for HtV: Hidden World
Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Welcome Chatter

Post by Gabrian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Welcome guys! I'm super excited to start running my first game (of hopefully many) here on the forums.

Here is where we can start discussing the game, characters and setting, and I can answer any questions you all might have for me!

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Welcome Chatter

Post by Gabrian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Char Gen: New World of Darkness standard character

Hunter template, but your characters will not have prior knowledge of anything supernatural/mystical. I would like characters to be based off a typical person: Create them with a job in mind, personality, etc. Where they're from is up to you, but a common language might be helpful.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Are we going to have to deal with all the organizations (I can't remember the technical term for it, compacts, conspiracies? Something like that?)?

I have always found that part of HtV odd, particularly if you don't have any prior knowledge of the WoD.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm not going to be using the conspiracies in the book. I'll be using a few based upon actual myths/rumors/stories which we can discuss once everyone has made an appearance. Something I want people to think about is if they want to be pick which conspiracy they are a part of, get it chosen randomly by me and if everyone wants to be in the same one. There will be options soon!

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Sounds quite intriguing, I'm curious to see what you come up with.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 pm

I've posted a quick tidbit about each of the conspiracies you can choose from. Take a look and think about it!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm tempted to join, primarily since I always liked the idea of Hunters over Monsters. What type of toons are you current lot thinking about making? I had an idea for an old homeless man that used to be in 'Nam. Kind of a 'just crazy enough to do it' kind of guy. Sadly, he'd be like 62 if the game takes place in 2013. Still however, the idea of him calling monsters 'Charlie' is rather appealing :)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 pm

It is a modern day setting Eanwulf. You're more than welcome to join in! Talk with MV, you two seem to be on similar wavelengths, but still different in the end.

Tet, how can I make the Conspiracy post a sticky or something? Just so it doesn't get moved or messed with and I can add to it later.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:16 am

Make it an announcement, that will pull it to the top.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 am

Nice thanks!