Prologue: Dustbowl

Using the new rules offered by Fantasy Flight Games, 'Heroes' Journey' will take players from the events transpiring just after Episode IV: A New Hope, through Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and beyond! Expect familiar characters and situations from the movies, but don't let your expectations get the best of you: 'Heroes' Journey' may deviate from canon in new and exciting ways so that your character experiences all that the Star Wars Universe has to offer. Start the game with a character typical of those described in 'Edge of the Empire,' FFG's first SW rulebook, and evolve as new books are released. Finally, each character will start with access to the 'Force Sensitive' specialization and talent tree, though they are in no way limited to playing a character that focuses on the Force as part of their concept.Run by he GM Bo
mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Prologue: Dustbowl

Post by mysticknight232 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:32 am

Jax slowly gets out of the speeder being piloted by Keela and shudders as he looks at the crowd. Spying a vendor selling bantha burgers, he walks over and says "gimme three bantha burgers and a hard drink if you got one".

Taking the stuff he purchased back to the group, he offers Szara a burger, seeing as how she paid for it, and the credit stick back that she asked for.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Xanatos walks over and reads one of the signs. Seeing the entry fee, the man whistles telling the others, "That's a steep buy in, but the winnings is a real grand prize."

He turns around to face Keela and says, "Sorry, hun." Pulling his pockets inside out, he replies, "I don't have enough credits to enter that. My last game left me a little broke. You'll need to spot us the entry fee, if you'd like us to play for the prize."
Kinda weird if you think about it, we were going to buy a spaceship from Keela and now we don't have enough money to play in a card game :)

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:11 pm

"Thank you, Jax," Szara replies, taking the credit stick first and the burger second. She doesn't say anything about the expenses. To the Chiss it was a gift to the man otherwise she would not have offered it so she expects nothing in return. With the greasy food in hand she addresses the issue of their entry fee too. "I got nothing either. But this is a tournament, maybe someone loses a couple credits before it starts."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Teez sighs under his breath at the drunkard Jax. Not having known him like the others have, the antics are definitely starting to get on his nerves. Sitting back and sipping on Whyren's Reserve was one thing, but this constant self-destruction was another thing entirely. Oh well, you don't have to like the guy, just work with him.

Teez shrugs as the others discuss the lack of funds for the tournament. "Sure, you can try to kick-start your luck, as it were, and win some cash for the buy-in." He grins as a sudden idea pops into his head. "Or maybe I can try to slice into the entrant database and make sure they have you in there as already having paid." His fingers wiggle a bit and his eyes light up as he makes the suggestion.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Xan eyes widen when Teez suggests slicing into the database. "I think that's a marvelous idea and worth a try." The smuggler looks around the area and says, "I think you'll need a more secure location to start working on that idea."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm COMPLETELY down with that! If you only want to enter 1 person in, it's an easy check. If you want to enter 2 people, 2 purple, 3, 3 purple, etc.... Nice idea!
The vendor thanks Jax for his business and goes about serving drinks and burgers. He knows Jax may be back for a second, third, or sixth round and chuckles....

As the group discussed the steep entry fee, Teez comes up with an idea. Towards the head of the line he does notice a bank of kiosks. After paying their fees, the entrants seem to be entering their information into them...
~Bo~

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Nodding at Xan, Teez boasts, "Yeah, should be child's play to slice into these systems. Could probably even enter two of you if you'd like. A secure place would be nice, but the kiosks over there," he inclines his head without looking, "are likely shielded against remote intrusion."

Continuing, "Maybe if one of you could create a distraction? I could hook up my gear, slice in, and be out before anyone notices anything." Teez's fur ruffles unconciously as he takes off his backpack, sets it on the ground, and nonchalantly removes his kit.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Just for learning purposes. Teez's check will be as follows: 2 ability dice, 2 proficiency dice, 2 difficulty dice + whatever boosts the others give him. Rationale: Skill (Computer) uses Ability (Int). Teez has 4 Int. His skill in Computer is rank 2. Thus, 2 of the 4 ability dice are upgrade to proficiency dice. Make sense?
Colors: Ability (green), Proficiency (Yellow), difficulty (purple)
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Caralho is standing about nonchalantly. He is leaning against a wall, looking at his fingernails. They appear much cleaner than a normal resident of Tatooine. Caralho rubs his knuckles against his nice, cream colored jacket, then brings his gaze to the others in the room. The handsome man is sinewy, his matching brown slacks and brown books look new, or well laundered at the very least. Somehow, even the dust does not seem to stick to him, however that might be. Caralho, with one motion, flips back his wavy brown hair, and reaches up a twists the ends of his mustache. He seems, certainly, to be waiting for the Sabbac tournament to begin.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Jax finishes his burger and drink and as he licks the grease off his fingers he says "slicin', I like your style Bothan. I can easily create a distraction for you. All I need is a willing participant, preferably female." He looks to Keela or Szara to see who would be willing to assist.

"Its easy. One of you lovely lady types just needs to /feint/ over there" he says as he's pointing in a direction near the kiosks, but far enough away so as not to interfere with the slicing. "Then I simply come in, telling everybody I'm a doctor and you just need some air, blah blah blah, and while the whole world is staring at me and my lovely patient, you do your hacking Sir Teez."

"So...who's my patient for this experiment?" asks Jax, his voice suddenly sounding firm and sober.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?