Prologue: Dustbowl

Using the new rules offered by Fantasy Flight Games, 'Heroes' Journey' will take players from the events transpiring just after Episode IV: A New Hope, through Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and beyond! Expect familiar characters and situations from the movies, but don't let your expectations get the best of you: 'Heroes' Journey' may deviate from canon in new and exciting ways so that your character experiences all that the Star Wars Universe has to offer. Start the game with a character typical of those described in 'Edge of the Empire,' FFG's first SW rulebook, and evolve as new books are released. Finally, each character will start with access to the 'Force Sensitive' specialization and talent tree, though they are in no way limited to playing a character that focuses on the Force as part of their concept.Run by he GM Bo
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Prologue: Dustbowl

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:10 am

"Tereez," Szara corrects Jax automatically, disliking the generalization of Teez down to his species. The Chiss does not suppose that the doctor drank anything else but some kind of liquor again and she does not enjoy the prospect of having him too close to herself. However, these are personal considerations and Szara has learned early to put those aside for a greater cause. She looks at Keela wondering if she wants to offer herself for Jax plan but Jax and now Teez are part of Xan's crew so there is no need for the Twi'lek to do anything. "I am looking forward to this experience to swoon and be resuscitated by you," she says evenly and glances at the Bothan to see if they can go through with this. "Are you ready?"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 am

Looking at Szara, Teez shrugs his backpack back on, and holds his gear in his hands as inconspicuously as possible. He responds to Szara, "I'm ready to go. While you two are doing your thing, maybe Xan can keep a lookout or try to distract the people manning the terminals? An extra distraction is always a good thing."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:32 am

Xanatos nods his head at the Bothan indicating that he is ready and then he takes a look to Szara and Jax. "Be safe and watch your backs," He mentions to the others.

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:10 pm

"Let's be about it then. Ma'am" says Jax, bowing his head slightly to Szara. "If you would like to proceed to the general area over by the kiosks and do your best feinting, and make it distracting, we can then be about our business then."

Jax starts walking in the general direction he pointed to but no longer ackowledge the group he's with in an attempt to look like another innocent by-stander in the crowd.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Outside of the cantina, the stage is set. Szara and Jax split up, walking in the same direction but conspicuously not 'together' or part of the same group. They float through the crowd, surrounded by raucous laughter and occasional anncouncement or advertisement from overhead loudspeakers.

Teez knows that it's now or never. He begins to walk towards the kiosk...

Xanatos watches the Bothan's back, making sure that no bouncers or other security personnel take a special interest in him...
~Bo~

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:53 pm

When Jax gets far enough away in the crowd, he looks at Szara and nods, giving her the signal to begin the charade. As soon as she noisily cries out and falls to the ground pretending to feint, Jax turns and rushes to her side, all the while yelling "out of the way! Out of the way! I'm a doctor, give her some room and some air to breathe!"

As he slides to a halt next to her head, he begins to probe her forehead and abdoman with a steady and delicate touch that you would have never expected from the man that seems like such a lost alcoholic. "Does this hurt?" he murmurs to Szara every couple of probs, making the act of checking her out as realistic as possible.

After poking and prodding for as long as possible and hoping that a sizeable crowd has gathered to look upon them, he finally declares "heat exhaustion! This gods cursed planet has nothing but sand and heat and it's taken it's toll on another sentient being." Pulling a handkerchief and the flask from inside his vest, he opens it and tips it upside down into his mouth making sure that it really is empty before looking straight at a Rodian female in the crowd and exclaiming "she's got heat exhaustion. I need water and lots of it! Quickly, fill this bottle and get the kerchief drenched. I need to get her something to drink and something for her head before she passes out for good!"

Expecting the woman to do as she's told, he holds the items out for her to take and then goes back to gently stroking the Chiss's forehead and making soothing sounds pretending to calm her and all the while there isn't a hint of slurred speech or indicision in any of his actions. He's clearly thinking straight and has clearly helped a patient or two in his day.
sorry to take some liberties here but I wanted to keep the story moving and I had this all planned out in my head for the week so I just wanted to move forward with my feinting plan. If i need to retcon anything, I can do that. Otherwise, slice away Bothan! ;-)

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 pm

As soon as Jax and Szara begin their elaborate charade, Teerez "leaps" into action. Sidling up to the kiosk, he chooses the one furthest away from the crowd. After a quick glance around to make sure he's not being observed, he starts slicing, putting two of his companions' names into the system. Trying to be as quick and unobstrusive as possible, his fur ruffles involuntarily as he does his work.
Not sure if we decided more than Xan should be entered. I'll go with entering two people, and we can decide if Jax or Szara should be entered, ok?

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Sorry about slowness. It happens for me from time to time, usually when I'm working. I work until thurs this week, have Fri off for a family day, then work over the weekend but then have Mon-Thurs of next week off. Expect that to be busy...
Haya - I realize MK's post was a little 'force posing' (as we used to say in the MUSH world) but I agree in this instance it may be ok to speed up the story. Let me know if you have any problem with it. It's good that MK does recognize that he usually can't assume how characters will act in his posts!
It is nearly a perfect plan and perfect setup. In the hot, arid desert environment, all too often sentients fall prey to the elements. When Szara goes down and is approached by the 'doctor', it's only moments before a crowd gathers. When Jax calls for lots of water, however, there is grumbling.

"You gotta be kidding me!" says one patron.
Someone eventually returns with a soaked rag. Water itself is a pricey commodity here on Tatooine.

To the side, inconspicuous, Teez approaches the registration booth. With Xanatos guarding over him, the Bothan is quickly able to slice into the systems. He enters one.... two.....names. He looks outside: Jax is playing this charade to its fullest! He makes a go of it and enters a third name into the tournament registration before he's locked out of the system!
Result: 1 success, 3 advantage! For the advantage I let you add an additional name. You can add whoever you want into the tournament.(For clarification, the roll was: 2 green, 2 yellow, 2 purple, 1 blue)
~Bo~

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Jax grumbles a polite thank you to the patron that brings him the soaked rag, quietly cursing himself for not reasong out the water situation first. No being from this planet, something like a water shortage still seems strange to him.

He continues to keep an eye on their Bothan friend while also "working" on the Chiss female beneath him.

Once it looks like the entrence into the tournament has been complete, he says "I think she's coming to, she seems to be improving" as he indicates to Szara that it appears their rouse is at an end.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Xan coughs and turns saying, "Time to go." The smuggler covers the Bothan's exit as he stretches outward to divert any gazes towards him, hoping to leave Teez enough time to get away from the controls.