Book 3: Act 1 - Of Leaves and Stewed Hobbit

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again. Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.

But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them, as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names...

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: A Night in Rhosgobel

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:20 am

"Yes, let's move out," says Varuthil, much more comfortable with the idea of doing something--even walking--than trying to figure out the significance of Wren's gift.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Aerth watches the two elves, seemingly surprised. "Where's my statue, Wren? I can give it to the children of Woodland hall and they can play with it in their war games. Aerth, Slayer of Goblins! You can make one for Borir as well, the Dwarven Hero!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Borir slaps Aerth on the back saying, "The toy of Aerth can be made of wood, but I'll be made of metal!" The dwarf laughs and slaps his side as they prepare to depart.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Wren frowns at the fact the figurines should be given to children but he quickly tries to alter his expression. "It really wasn't meant as a toy, but I suppose I could make some more. The Goblin Slayer... I like that." When Borir joins in on the fun, Wren scans the ground and picks up an acorn. Holding it between his fingers he smiles and looks at Borir, "That's about the right size, no?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Aerth bursts out laughing, "The vertically challenged Goblin Slayer." He shrugs, "True in both regards!" The time in Rhosgobel has lifted Aerth's spirits, even if the time was short and now they were ready to depart.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:44 pm

"Wren, just be sure to make mine with a big mouth and we'll be fine," Finn says, winking.

"So we are headed up to the Easterly Inn...shall we stop for a few nights in Woodmen Town?"
I imagine that this is basically the beginning of our Fellowship Phase, so if we were to actually stop there we wouldn't necessarily have to narrate a lot of what happens?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:57 pm

There are laughs and jests as the group collects the supplies Radagast had made ready for them and then out the front gate with some well wishes of the locals. The fellowship turns north through the forest and makes their way with leisure to Woodmen Town for a short stay, then to Woodland Hall for a trip to the forge and a meeting of friends. Then the long trip north through the Vale, and the lands of the Beornings until a warm welcome back at the Easterly Inn just in time as the first snow begins to fall on your arrival.

So ends Book 3: Act 1 - Of Leaves and Stewed Hobbit.
On September 5th.

I will kick off a Fellowship Phase shortly and you can RP in that, spending XP and AP. You can mark the Easterly Inn as a Sactuary as you make it your Undertaking. The chapter will go until spring as you winter with the Brandybucks. You can assume you put on a little bit of weight!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring