Creation Chatter

This is a forum for out of character discussions for flelm's Dresden Files: The City That Never Sleeps game.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Creation Chatter

Post by Trogdor » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:56 am

I think you've already got a spot in it if you want it.

Colette
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Colette » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:09 am

Yes, but how should I post my character?

Do I simply create a new thread with all my character details?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Yes, you can just post a new thread with your character details in it. And you can edit the post indefinitely if you feel the need to update it, as you make revisions to the character.

Colette
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Colette » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm

I apologize, but I have great doubts in my ability to present a character and play them in a fashion that will be met favorably in this game.

I will have to back out.

I apologize for wasting your time, everyone.

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:59 am

I want in! I haven't heard back from Flelm but i'm guessing it's due to the holiday week here. That's why I'm just posting directly to this forum.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 am

Yeah. I believe he's still out.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:12 pm

My fault, I thought I'd have more time over the Christmas week but family took up way more time than I expected.

In any case, I replied to MK, so hopefully we'll be back up to 4 players with Tet.

I still owe Trogdor an answer on Resources (I've been bouncing ideas in my head) and Muskrat an answer on the sword. I will 100% get to them today.

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Count me in. I've read through the forum posts, but can I ask for a recap of who's in and what their character concept is going to be? With a couple people coming, going and coming back again I'm a bit confused.

While I really want to play a wizard/sorcerer type since this is the dresden universe, I'm leaning towards pure mortal actually. My quick concept is a con-man/thief turned into a confidential informat (CI) for the police, or whatever organization would fit into this game/story. I'm not evil, but it's all I know and I'm good at it. So I could be the face-man of the group and would be good at gaining access to seedier parts of town without magic. I can pick a mean lock etc., etc. I've read the first 110 pages or so (it hasn't all stuck yet), but I'm reading about aspects right now. Do I understand it correctly that an asepct is just a made-up concept that helps to define our character right? It's not like in other games where i have to choose it from a pre-details list, I just make it up to fit my story (depending on the phase I'm describing)?

Also, did I see we're starting at the "Up to your waist" power level? 7 Refresh and 25 skill points with a cap of Great? Thanks!
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:59 pm

That concept could fit in nicely.

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Yes. Does anyone know if Eanwulf dropped out for sure? I don't want to bother him particularly, but I might just shoot him a PM to make sure.