OOC Discussions

GUMSHOE: Mystery Inc OOC forum.
Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Re: OOC Discussions

Post by Shadowwk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:38 am

Indeed, I am the devil. But I have no clue what I'm doing so go ahead with the changes you made Wulf. And ya sure? I coulda swore I responded...
See you on the other side

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:41 am

MadVlat wrote:Dear Mr. Shadow,

I'm just going to wrap myself in velcro, jump on your back and yell free donuts; you fuzzy Romanian. Remember if I stay on for eight seconds I win, and it will be picture worthy...
You do know that if you yell free donuts and point in a direction, you'll gain the bonus "Viking Steed." We ignore difficult terrain and razors.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 pm

AWESOME!!!
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:06 pm

We're in Ohio?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:24 am

The initial prelude is set in Ohio, yes. You travel the Continental United States, occasionally elsewhere if need be.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:11 am

And right now it's the... 29th of October? And do we have a "base" where we operate from? I mean, JP's guy is pretty much from New Mexico, so that could work. Not that it is hugely important but I still think about stuff like that. Makes it easier for me to put my bar near that place too. BOOM! Point of origin for Team Woofie.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:45 am

Make sure you stop by my parents' house!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:22 am

Looks like I'm gonna have to make arrangements with teachers..

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:35 pm

@Hayabusa - No it's not Oct 29. Travis Scrimm escaped from prison transfer on Oct 29, 2011 and was technically gunned down Nov 3, 2011 but the papers leaked the affair as a Halloween Massacre.

@Topic of Being in Ohio and Your Characters' BG Origins - You and your teammates are elite investigators drawn from various walks of life, all with a background in investigation. You may be a world-weary homicide detective, a lab-coated forensic scientist, a grizzled old-school reporter, a tweed-jacketed scholar, or even a hanger-on in the criminal underworld. You lead a double life. Most of the time, you're an ordinary civilian, paying the rent and leading a normal existence. However, you belong to a cell of a secret, worldwide organization known as Mystery Inc. This benevolent conspiracy, which operates with the tacit approval of some of the world's most major powers, fights the machinations of those who seek personal power by evoking malign paranormal phenomena. Simply put it is presumed that your current professions and lifestyles allot time off/understanding for when you go out on a mission. Don't sweat it terribly much. I know people who come into my work that travel all over the U.S. in a week.

@Hayabusa - If in need of a way of alleviating your concerns about "a bar base", why not make your gal an heiress to the franchise of such establishments known as "Moxxi's". Probably established as such places by her late father and former Mystery Inc. operative/collaborator? That way you could hopefully have such a place pop up from time to time as needed. Maybe she only owns and runs a single one in her hometown, the others under new management/renamed, etc. from friends of the family who know you and had grown up with yourself and pops around a lot?
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Do we start posting and such?
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...