The Snows of Summer: Prelude - Heldren

It has been a century since the immortal witch Baba Yaga last visited the world, and the hour draws nigh for her return. But when she fails to appear in the frozen realm of Irrisen to usher in its newest ruler, pockets of winter begin to grow throughout the Inner Sea region. After 1,400 years of perpetual winter, the icy curse of Irrisen is spreading! What links do these strange blizzards and swaths of wintry landscapes have with Irrisen, and is there any truth to the growing rumors that the Witch Queen Elvanna has taken full control of the realm? Can her plans for the Inner Sea be thwarted, or will the Reign of Winter engulf the world?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Witch King Eilandor

Moderator: Eilandor

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Snows of Summer: Prelude - Heldren

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:31 pm

"These are animals common in Irrisen! It must have something to do with the witch that send me here!" He starts off in whatever direction the others say this councilor is at, "I wonder if other there are sightings of other white animals about..." he glance at Landa knowingly. "Come!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:36 pm

Landa nods to Eoghan enthusiasticly. Then blabbers on incoherently:

[Celestial]"Well I'm not quite sure if I can head off just yet! I have to get some things and find petyr and ask my parents... or maybe not . No I'm old enough anyways you big strong man are there I'll be safe![/Celestial]

With that the girl turns on her heal and runs off to the temple.
Being from the village Landa would know all these things but I'm not from Helderen so I don't...
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 am

"The councilor's house is on the main square," Kolya replies. "But she's not expecting us until noon. In fact, she specifically requested that we ask around town about odd goings on. We've certainly learned a few. But have we learned all?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:10 am

Zym reaches up and touches his moustache and then twirls one of the end tips into a finer point. "Irrisen." He says flatly. "It would appear that whatever transported Eoghan here, may have also brought along a few others. I haven't heard of any other northerners recently coming to town, so you might have been the only person to arrive."

Hearing Kolya's words, Zym nods. "I think we should split up again and check out other rumors and tales. The town isn't very big, so we should be able to get most of information before meeting back here."
I think E is using Know(geo) for making "map" checks. I'd like to do a check also to see if Wishbone Creek is near High Ridge, Boarder Woods

Trog, I have decent Know checks (7 or 8 in 6 skills, 0 in dun, eng, nob, planes which I'll pick up in lv 2 or 3), so if you need a know check outside your skills let me know, or I could aid another in your checks. I'm aiming to get at least +10 in all know skills by lv 4-5.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

The End

Post by Eilandor » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:46 am

The group contemplates some of the rumors they have come across while outside of Argus Goldtooth's barber shop. Young Landa retreats back to the temple to begin preparations for a possible departure herself.

There is a short amount of time before noon and Kolya, Zym and Eoghan split up to canvas Heldren once more. It is a small town but they look to find anyone who hadn't been questioned previously. The ones who do take the time to engage the strangers offer nothing more than the rumors they already know.

The hour is now noon and the group finds itself at the footsteps of the Town Hall. The air seems cooler than before which is odd as the hours pass on a summer day. From the southwest a constant soft but cold breeze is still present from this morning.
This will conclude the prelude! Please look for a new part one thread in the next few days that will pick up at the meeting of the council.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"