The Snows of Summer: Prelude - Heldren

It has been a century since the immortal witch Baba Yaga last visited the world, and the hour draws nigh for her return. But when she fails to appear in the frozen realm of Irrisen to usher in its newest ruler, pockets of winter begin to grow throughout the Inner Sea region. After 1,400 years of perpetual winter, the icy curse of Irrisen is spreading! What links do these strange blizzards and swaths of wintry landscapes have with Irrisen, and is there any truth to the growing rumors that the Witch Queen Elvanna has taken full control of the realm? Can her plans for the Inner Sea be thwarted, or will the Reign of Winter engulf the world?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Witch King Eilandor

Moderator: Eilandor

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: The Snows of Summer: Prelude - Heldren

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Zym begins to turn to fetch the councilwoman some stew and ale, but then turns back when she speaks about the stranger. "That's Kolya, he's passing through. Heading northwards."

The young man turns back around to grab a bowl and fill it with stew. Sitting the bowl down, he then turns to find a nice clean mug and fill it to the brim with Three Devils Ale.

A few moments later, he places both down on the bar in front of Ionnia. Smiling, he says, "Ionnia, you sound a bit disturbed. Is there anything I can help with - either for the town or... for you? I'll probably be moving on soon, so I'd love to offer you my charming wit. That's why my middle name is R.H."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Ionnia looks at Zym and gives an audible sigh, as if whatever demon had possessed her was now gone.

"Zym, allow me to apologize for my brash behavior. It is not your fault this town is ill equipped to deal with the events that seem to be unfolding." She pauses, almost wondering if she has said to much to the man.

"Thank you for the ale and stew. I would speak with Kale when she get's a moment."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Zym doesn't let Ionnia go that easily, "I'll fetch Kale, but know that whatever is happening to the town, you have strong, able men - and women, that can deal with it. What's the trouble?" He asks in a calming voice.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:50 pm

Kolya moves over, grabs his pack and pulls it up onto his back. He pauses to wait for Ionnia to finish and Zym to pass the message to Kale, clearly having a question for Zym but not wanting to interrupt his conversation with the councilor.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Zym's inquiry confirms the fact she may have said too much. She ponders a moment whether or not to reveal more to the man.

"Strong! Sure, but able I'm not so sure. This town is made up of farmers, woodcutters, and well the finest brew if I may add." Setting her mug down, "Warriors they are not..."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Zym winks at Ionnia, saying, "If there's a dangerous threat, then I'm well versed in many arts, one of them is swordplay." Leaning back up, he says, "You can also employ the strangers. The wounded northerner is nearly healed and, if nothing else, his size makes him a fine warrior. The new stranger is versed in magics. Both seem to be kind of heart and spirit."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Having been pointed out to the finely-dressed woman, Kolya feels justified in speaking up. "I've spent most of my life on caravans, ma'am," he says politely. "Even as young as I am. I've been in more than a few skirmishes. I know how to handle myself in a fight, if that's what things come to."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 pm

"You would stay, and rally strangers to your side?" She raises her mug, "There's more to you than meets the eye." When Zym mentions the northerner, "I had heard he made his way across town with Landa. Good to hear."

She looks to Kolya, "Small town, what can I say..." Scanning the room for onlookers, "Do you have time for another ale Kolya?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 pm

"If it's about trouble in town, yes I can." Kolya looks over to Landa and Eoghan and smiles apologetically. "I'll have to look at the atlas some other time, I'm afraid." He glances between Ionnia and Eoghan and raises an eyebrow. "I'm not sure how big our problem is, but I can tell you from personal experience that Eoghan is strong and quick. You could do a lot worse than to ask him to help."
Sorry, mack. But Landa still looks like a teen girl who's not prepared for adventure.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 am

For this next short bit, we will assume that Landa takes Eoghan back to the temple. I will let you know when to post again.
Ionnia looks at Landa and then to Eoghan who is not looking well at all, "Landa, please make sure he makes it back to the temple safely. I will speak to you soon."

Her attention now back to Zym and Kolya, "In town, well not exactly. It has come to my attention that some disturbing events have or are occurring several miles outside of town."