The Snows of Summer: Part I - An Early Frost

It has been a century since the immortal witch Baba Yaga last visited the world, and the hour draws nigh for her return. But when she fails to appear in the frozen realm of Irrisen to usher in its newest ruler, pockets of winter begin to grow throughout the Inner Sea region. After 1,400 years of perpetual winter, the icy curse of Irrisen is spreading! What links do these strange blizzards and swaths of wintry landscapes have with Irrisen, and is there any truth to the growing rumors that the Witch Queen Elvanna has taken full control of the realm? Can her plans for the Inner Sea be thwarted, or will the Reign of Winter engulf the world?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Witch King Eilandor

Moderator: Eilandor

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: The Snows of Summer: Part I - An Early Frost

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Zym walks a bit closer to the edge of the cliff which the bridge cross and looks towards the direction of High Ridge. "There." he points out at a rather large ridge line visible from their location.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:53 pm

The three toss around some creature knowledge and nearby geography as they stand at the ice covered bridge. The bridge still twists when gusts of wind make their way through the gorge. Landa pushes the door open enough to peek out, "Well!" Vrixx, still caged and dangling from the broom handle, "I do hope they didn't fall into the gorge..."
The trip back to Heldren is approximately 15 miles. The horses can be used to haul your findings and allow a rider or two, no doubt the Lady Argentea will be one. Look for the trip to take a day and a half, perhaps staying the night in the ice cave.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Eoghan turns back to Landa, "Plenty of signs of this thing, but its not here. We will turn around and head home at first thing in the morning." He nods to the others, he's like to hike up to the ridge now and look around but, it seems a bit too far to manage right now, After

So he head back inside, "I need dinner!"
I say we FF through the night, back to Heldren if we can and go from there.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:26 pm

All are now gathered in the lodge as night approaches. Vrixx laments the fact that not one of the three found their way into the gorge. It seems to be growing colder so some wood is gathered and the fire stoked into a vibrant blaze. Argentea meanders about the kitchen then calls out to the others, "Any of you handy with this sort of thing. It would be greatly appreciated to eat something other than the slop they lowered into the basement for me..."
Let's have some basic evening into night RP. Then we can move on to morning and head out.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:48 pm

"I know my way around a kitchen," Kolya replies. "I won't promise anything fancy. But if they've got basic supplies in there I'm sure I can whip up something better than what they've been feeding you." With that, the warlock makes his way into the kitchen to see what he has to work with.
Kolya has Profession: Cook +5. He'll take ten to make dinner.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Eoghan helps with the fire wood first and then nod to the lady, "I'm decent enough cook, Grip has no complaints do you boy?" He rubs the dog's head and then heads into the kitchen to see what can be made up. He favors steaks, and thick gravies and if there is bread, cheese and of course any ale or wine. He even does the dishes afterwards so the cabin isn't in too bad of shape. He hopes that Landa will deal with the dead, giving them last rites and piling them up outside in the cold so they aren't rotting in the lodge (gods know the girl is strong enough to handle that).

After dinner, with a mug of ale he cleans his armor, boots, and weapons, sharpens up his blade and antagonizes the imp for a bit before he does a sweep of the house checking that all doors and windows are locked and secured and then throwing his bedroll down by the fire in the living room and curling up for a nice sleep.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Kolya scours the kitchen for anything useful. As it turns out there is a pot of stew resting over a fire that has recently died out. Eoghan grabs a few pieces of wood and gets it going again. Swiping a finger into the stew, "It's not gravy, but it will do." The Ulfen then looks around the kitchen for some bread to accompany it. Kolya all the while giving the man a stern look for sticking his paw in the food, grabs a spoon to get the same effect. "Not bad, but it is missing something." A few extra spices are added and dinner is served. The meat in the stew, assumed to be wild game, turns out not to be. The group muses the fact there were likely more than three horses remaining in the stable prior to this stew being prepared. Eoghan sweeps the cabin to assure their safety for the night and tosses his bedroll down. Trying to go to sleep, Vrixx has other plans. The caged sprite periodically quips at the man.

"Filthy Ulfen..."
"Throw yourself into the gorge, and spare us of your bullheadedness!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:19 pm

An hour into it Eoghan stands up grabs Vrixx's cage and stalks over to the trap door in the floor, "Sleep tight!" He tosses the whole thing down without any compassion or gentleness. Once he's sure its come to a bouncing stop down there he grin from up above. "I hope you like the dark!" He slams the hatch closed and then almost as an after thought he drags the large table over the hatch just to make sure the thing can't open it from below.

Wiping his hands together, a big smile on his face, he goes back to sleep.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Kolya enjoys his meal, even if it is horse meat stew. He's eaten worse things on the road. After dinner, he chats with the others, as they wish for a while, then communes with Boreas for a bit before turning in.

In the night, he wakes when Eoghan exiles Vrixx to the basement. But he offers no more than a smile and a shake of his head before rolling over and going back to sleep.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:39 pm

Zym casts a simple spell on the food giving it a taste that's more appropriate than horse meat. While he knows the source of the food, the new taste helps to override his mind of such knowledge.