The Snows of Summer Part II: The Depths of Winter

It has been a century since the immortal witch Baba Yaga last visited the world, and the hour draws nigh for her return. But when she fails to appear in the frozen realm of Irrisen to usher in its newest ruler, pockets of winter begin to grow throughout the Inner Sea region. After 1,400 years of perpetual winter, the icy curse of Irrisen is spreading! What links do these strange blizzards and swaths of wintry landscapes have with Irrisen, and is there any truth to the growing rumors that the Witch Queen Elvanna has taken full control of the realm? Can her plans for the Inner Sea be thwarted, or will the Reign of Winter engulf the world?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Witch King Eilandor

Moderator: Eilandor

niconorsk
Level 2
Level 2

Re: The Snows of Summer Part II: The Depths of Winter

Post by niconorsk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:43 am

Sverin ponders Eoghan's question for a while before responding.

"I am no assassin, although I can see how my appearance would seem suspicious. Like I said before, while I am a northman by blood, I have lived my entire life in Varisia."

He sighs: "The amount of distrust the witches have instilled in you saddens me, friend, but I hope you will grow to trust me in the long run."

"Meanwhile, maybe you can trust in the fact that I wouldn't stand much of a chance if I did try something on you." Sverin chuckles while sizing up the massive man.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:21 pm

The Ulfen turns around and closes the shutters to the window and pulls down the sash to lock the winter outside. "You have not seen what I have seen of them. Nor have you had to fight your your own kind that have come to assassinate you." He grabs his cloak off the bed and folds it over his arm. "We travel with one that bears the blood of Witches, another that is some concubine of them. I have already lost my eye to the Witches, and... and much much more. My distrust is well earned. I hope you are right about trusting you in the long run. It would be nice to have a friend on this trip who is normal." He reaches out and puts a heavy hand on Sverin's shoulder, "You are wise however to know you'd stand no chance against me in a fight. But how about in a drinking contest? Shall we see if this place has any ale kegs we can tap!" He smiles and stomps down stairs to the wine cellar to get a drink for the group.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Nyria sits on a counter with her arms supporting her from behind. Her small frame barely takes up much room as she whistles and kicks her feet back and forth. She makes note of the two Ulfen that make their way to the cellar. "I want some too!" Nyria shouts, hoping they hear her.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Eòghan puts his hand up to show he's heard, "Find us some clean mugs!" he calls out as he heads down to try and find any untapped keg of ale or wine or anything to drink down there stronger than water.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Nyria kicks her feet forward and slides off the counter. She then starts rummaging through the kitchen for five mugs, or conatiners that could serve the same purpose.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:12 pm

"Are you sure it's wise to have alcohol before setting out to hunt? Are you old enough to drink, young lady?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:31 pm

"Of course I am old enough" Nyria replies stubbornly, "The alcohol will help with the cold." She sticks her tongue out at Kassius and then continues to search for mugs.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 pm

"Yes, that is a very mature gesture. Ok, sometimes I forget you're an adult."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

niconorsk
Level 2
Level 2

Post by niconorsk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:16 am

"Yes, something to drink will do us all some good."

Sverin follows Eoghan down to the cellars in search for a thirst quencher.

"Hopefully, there is still some left behind, and not just the cheap stuff"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:04 pm

"I"ll look around up here," Kolya says. "They may have a bottle or two of something nicer hidden away in a cabinet up here."