Ichi - Heaven's Tears

The year is 1560, or Rokugatsu Sanjū-Nichi, 3rd Year of the Reign of Emperor Ogimachi. Japan is firmly in the middle of an Empire wide civil war, now known as Sengoku. Clans vie for power, and through political intrigue, deceit, and war some are establishing themselves as dominate forces throughout the land. But civil war is only one of the island nation's concerns, as the mongol invasions of years passed and the ancient evils from beyond the island of Hokkaido always threaten the noble people of the Land of the Rising Sun.Run by Emperor TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Ichi - Heaven's Tears

Post by TetNak » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:17 am

Nodding, the Karo asks, "Is there any questions? I expect you will leave in the next day or two. If you do not have lodgings in the town, I can see that they are provided."
2-day rule, MWD.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 am

"I am sure the Fortunes will smile upon you for your kindness. Small lodgings would be welcome, although anything beyond that would not be necessary. I am just a poor monk, not a soldier, so I have simpler needs." He bows from the sitting position, his nose coming close to the floor. "Your trust, and the trust of our Lord in this matter, is a larger reward than I had hope for when coming here for the celebration."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:30 pm

The monk and nun are given small quarters that are comfortable and fitting their station. The Karo finally dismisses everyone and simply tells everyone to stay ready and that the group should leave in the next couple of days. Besides Tohu and Goto, the group really do not know each other well, and this might be a time to remedy that. There is time to kill.
You guys can kinda do what you want. Let me know when you are ready to move one

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:55 am

Goto bows deeply and leaves when dismissed. He pauses outside in the common room with everyone and looks at the group. "Perhaps we should have dinner tonight, and get to know one another? We will be traveling closely and I for one an eager to know who I'm traveling with."

He considers, "Shall we meet for dinner tonight at the Golden Carp Restaurant? At six bells says?" He looks hopeful and tries not to sound commanding or demanding in any way.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:25 am

Tohu touches his stomach. "Oh, the Golden Carp, hai, I will be there." The large man laughs, "I love the fish they bring in from Honshu. I hope they have some." This province has quite a problem with certain types of food. All the fish are imported from Oshima, and much of the rice as well. In the winter time, the food stores in the town are low. Sometimes rations are necessary.
Agriculture is very tough in the winter. In the summer, some rice fields are planted, but the land isn't particularly forgiving. There's lots of hunting and gathering. Stigmas of touching dead animal flesh is nearly non-existent. Deer, rabbit, etc, are eaten a lot

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 am

Kayoko looks at first as if she will say no to the invitation, then shrugs and says, "Why not? I suppose if are to spend time together on the road, we had better get to know each other now." She makes it sound like something unpleasant she has to do--you aren't sure if she actually feels that way or it's just her manner. "Do they have any decent vegetarian food? Well, if not, I suppose there's always rice."
From a little bit of internet research, it looks like Zen and Shingon Buddhism in Japan generally encourage monastics to be vegetarian, but it is not absolutely required.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 am

The Monk smiles and nods, tying back on his wide hat. "I would be pleased to join you for food, but simple rice will do for me. No need for extravagance beyond that for a servant of the Fortunes. I will see you at the sixth bell."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:36 pm

The Golden Carp has as much selection as any in the area. The nun and monk will be able to eat what the want and not partake in meat if that is their desire.
Realize that might not be an option on the road. Meat is actually more readily available than some plant foods this far north. There is actually a large jerky trade in town, and you will be stocked up on it when traveling.
The sixth bell rings and everyone gathers at the Golden Carp. When people arrive, Tohu is already there. He has a big bowl of noodles and fish in front of him. The large fellow has not waited for the others, eating by himself for who knows how long. He waves wildly at she spots the others enter. Most of the tapestries are a mixture of blue and gold, strung about the walls and ceiling. The furniture is comfortable, but simple, likely all made in the north from the local forest which there is in abundance.

A serving girl bows to Goto and the others, "Tohu-sama is waiting," she says.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Kayoko's willing to be pragmatic on eating meat if that's what's available, but she'll stick to vegetarian when she can.
Kayoko seats herself at the table and says, "Well, Tohu-san, good to see that you're already here and hard at work." It's unclear if she's being sarcastic or making a friendly joke. She turns to the waitress and orders an elaborate vegetarian dish, which suggests that she may be more used to the fair of a noble household than the simple diet of monastics.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Goto steps into the inn and looks about, there is Tohu sitting in his regular seat. The young man, shaking his head as he walks in, puts his sword up on a rack nearby the table. "Did you save any for me Tohu?" He sits down and orders the special of the day, along with some sake, and a rice ball. "Bring the others whatever they want, we are leaving on a mission for the Lord tomorrow morning." He smiles and plucks a noodle out of Tohu's bowl with his chopsticks while he waits. "So, we have a long trip together. We should get to know one another. I am Kawajiri Goto, my father is Kawajiri Tzu. I am trained from the style of Torch's Flame Flickers, and know my way around the wilds rather well, for my age."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring