Ichi - Heaven's Tears

The year is 1560, or Rokugatsu Sanjū-Nichi, 3rd Year of the Reign of Emperor Ogimachi. Japan is firmly in the middle of an Empire wide civil war, now known as Sengoku. Clans vie for power, and through political intrigue, deceit, and war some are establishing themselves as dominate forces throughout the land. But civil war is only one of the island nation's concerns, as the mongol invasions of years passed and the ancient evils from beyond the island of Hokkaido always threaten the noble people of the Land of the Rising Sun.Run by Emperor TetNak
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Ichi - Heaven's Tears

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Kayoko harrumphs when Goto describes a display of swordsmanship as enlightening, but says nothing. At his age, he probably can't help but be a fool, she thinks to herself. I suppose I was a fool back then too.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:33 am

"The kata was nice," Date Tohu agrees, "But I heard he sparred Fuyuki-sama and was defeated soundly." He laughs, "Southerners. There is a huge difference between showing and doing."

Tohu continues to shovel food into his mouth.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:05 am

Kayoko turns a cold star towards Tohu at his dismissive comments about southerners, then shrugs and goes back to eating. Clearly, both these young men are idiots, she thinks to herself, then sighs and reminds herself that as a nun she's supposed to be cultivating more charitable thoughts. The best she can settle on is, Well, we are all idiots at that age.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:50 am

Kusa seems to reconsider, then looks up at the wood and paper fixtures around them in the tavern. "While I am often amenable to good-hearted negotiation, the owners of this establishment would not appreciate any ... demonstrations of the kami in here. Perhaps if the spirits blessed me with the ability to pour sake out of midair, or turn even the foulest miasma into rose-scented air, they would enjoy such a thing. As a guest here, I must of course keep in mind the will of those providing hospitality."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:58 am

Tohu agrees with the monk, "I would like to see the sake trick, make sure you pour it into my mouth." Tohu laughs and smacks Kusa on the shoulder roughly. He touches his belly and sighs, "No more room for food, need to change to sake!"
With V on vacation and this game already only having 3 people, I suggest we RP here at the inn until he returns.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Kayoko gives Kusa an acid look as he seems willing to contemplate using his powers for a petty display of powers. "Ah, yes, I'm sure that's wise and the kami you serve will think no less of you for that," she says.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:00 am

Kusa shrugs. "The kami do as they will. I have seen them respond to stoic and light-hearted alike, for good and ill, to bless and to curse, in seriousness and frivolity. It is not my place in the universe to question why they do such things. And until they chastise or abandon me for my Way, I will simply make my offerings and prayers of gratitude as I always have."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Tohu nods, "I like the tattooed one," he says aloud. "More sake!" The waitress brings over another bottle, looking at Tohu and winking. "Tohu-sama, I believe you can drink more sake than any man I know." Tohu laughs and seems to like to compliment, even as the woman takes her leave of the table once more.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Kayoko harrumphs and goes back to eating her food. She doesn't say much--she is not the most social person in the world.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 am

The relaxed monk shrugs, nodding his head in thanks to the compliment. He does not participate in the drinking of the sake, content with rice and tea. In all honesty he barely touches the rice, but he does take multiple cups of the tea. Getting anything good on the road will be troublesome, best to enjoy the bounties provided when one can. "And you, Tohu-san? You seem a most boisterous man. Surely you have some tales of your life to regale us with. Laughter is good for the soul, or so I have heard."