Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Ambush Tactics

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm

I'm fine with the game ending.

I agree with all that you have said about the vechile combat and the posting speeds etc.

I did enjoy the combats more outside of the tank, like the Dark Eldar that was good and the Guards!

I think this sort of game, the Imperial Guard stuff doesn't normally have the longevity of the other games in general.

Anyhow, it was fun while it lasted. I'll move to graveyard after MWD comments.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm

I appreciate what you managed to keep going, Grimbold. You started this about 4 years ago, and we've gone through a pretty solid list of PCs that came and went. Hard to keep a campaign going with that level of turn-over, even in the Guard.

If you wouldn't mind, could you share some of the GM Plot/Secrets you had, before this goes to the Graveyard?
- I'm curious what else we might have found in that Mountain exploration. There were feral tribes, locked vaults that needed power to open, etc. And the Dark Eldar being in league with the Rebels was really cool.
- Any big reveal planned for this Ork invasion? Just a fun series of battles taking on the Greenskins? Or was there a bigger plan in mind? Maybe the Dark Eldar are messing around here too, and are the masterminds behind the Imperium's problems in this area?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Yeah! I'll wait to pitch this to the Graveyard till you reveal all your evil secrets like a good villain who thinks he gotten away with "it".
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 am

@Grimbold - So ... Spoilers? :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Ok, some little bits I had thought out, but I don't have any details.

Ancient Hive: It was an ancient Imperial Hive, and almost everyone died because of a warp disease. Survivors became savages. Some archeotech to be found if you can get it running again. Maybe the next scenario would have been another expedition there with a dozen techs.
The planet was cut off lots of years ago by a warp storm and only recently rediscovered. Lot's of other possibilities (faction conflicts, more Dark Eldar trying to get at the ancient tech stuff, maybe smuggling several hundred tanks from the Hive onto Adeptus Mechanicus Ships without the Janissaries noticing...)

Orks: It's basically in the Core Book. After the easy victory at the Refinery, you would need to hold it with limited resources against a massive ork attack. So the hole you made in the wall might have been a problem. And as the orks just grew on this planet (through ork seeds), they would not have great technology. However: the Dark Eldar have supplied them with nice shiny devastating weapons.

I just have a basic outline no details.

Thanks for playing, it was really a lot of fun.

I've just started on the new Dan Abnett Gaunt's Ghosts book "Warmaster". (listening to it as an audiobook). Anyone else who was looking forward to this?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Thanks for the details! :) And I haven't read any of Abnett's books besides Horus Rising.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:15 pm

That would have been cool to go back and smuggle tanks! Yikes hole vs orks would have made us regret that.

I only read one of Dan's books, honestly only 1 book as it is ever. Blood Angel's Omnibus I think it was, he is good.

Okay off the graveyard.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 pm

His Gaunt's Ghosts Series is great. It's about an Imperial Guard Regiment.