Before the Pull: Dust and Sand

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Before the Pull: Dust and Sand

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:39 am

Date Unknown
The Pits of Master Nazar's Ludus
Tyr

Rax sat with his back against hot stone. It reminded him to stay alert and alive. It nearly burned his flesh, but the Mul did not seem to even mind. Winds ravaged the small circular arena passed the heavy wooden and bone gate. Idly, Rax watched two of his brothers swing sword and axe. They had displeased master Nazar, as he had. They were far less valuable, however, and were sent to fight to the death. Jagar, a human, who is was fast an agile, dodge aside each of Gobarn's attacks. Gobarn was a Mul, like Rax, but he was completely dim witted and likely better suited for manual labor than the gladiatorial arena. Miss, miss, miss, miss ... Rax wondered how long Jagar would toy with him.

Miss, miss, miss ...

And then, finally, Jagar became bored, moving around behind the Mul after a terrible swing. His blade cut Gobarn's throat quicker than the creature could scream. Jagar just laughed as he walked back to the gate. Peering in, he smiles at Rax, "Did you see that? If they would let me fight, even you, I'd have your throat. But, we fight for the master's winnings, so we kill other fulls. That is good luck for you, Rax Battleborn."
Welcome Chanur as Rax! Only Chanur should post here.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Before the Pull: Dust and Sand

Post by Chanur » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Rax laughs at the boasts. "Gobarn was slow and ill suited for the glory the ring can bring. I was born to it. I have killed a dozen of your kind Jagar do not be so quick to ask for death." The Mul laughs giving back what he has received.

Rax flexes in on the other side of the gate stretching his muscles his skin bronzed from many days in the Athas sun. "Still though you killed him well. A Mul is strong and even one as bad as Gobarn can be dangerous. Well fought you might earn the masters forgiveness after all."

Rax then thinks back to the 6 months he was free the happiest time in his life. He thought nothing would top the day he slew Krakka and earned his freedom. The roar of the crowd was deafening and he thought it would never get better but he was wrong. The end of those 6 months was the worst of his life though, a slave never tasting freedom doesn't know what he is missing, but once Rax sampled its sweet nectar he craved it and worries he will never taste it again. I will kill anyone they put in front of me if it means i can taste it again. The Muls massive fists clenching with out thought.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:20 am

The guards raise the gate. "Rax, step forward," one of them yells, pushing Jagar inside from the back. He is a fucking bastard, this guard, a man named Tike. He is tall and strong, for a human, but his love of cruelty is what makes him dangerous. "Out into the pit with you!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Rax growls and spits on the ground in front of the guard as he steps forward moving into the arena. Rax strides there with a black sword with a bone handle on his hip a shield strapped to his back. In his hand is a thick wooden rod several feet long attached to a chain . This chain ends in a heavy spiked end. This is the weapon he is known for smashing his enemies skulls. It is not a popular weapon in the arena and it makes him stand out. Rax knows this is as important as knowing how to use it. Across his chest is a thick bone breastplate offering tremendous protection and surprising flexibility. Coming to a rest in the middle of the arena he stands at rest like he has been trained the end of his flail in the sand. Rax stands there wondering if today is finally his last not wanting to die a slave.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Tike lets Rax through, stepping around and pulling the bone gate closed. Rax stands in the circular pit, waiting and waiting. The gate on the other side seemingly will never open. And then, finally it does. Walking through is not a gladiator, but instead the man who Rax calls his 'master'.

Hikar Nazar IV walks forward, flanked by a dozen of his praetorians, his purple robes flowing about him. One of the praetorians steps forward, waving toward Rax, "Drop your weapons," he orders the slave.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Rax considers rushing them then realizes it's insanity he would not likely survive a dozen trained guards. Rax drops his flail and draws his sword dropping it on the ground. The Mul kneels before his "master" swallowing his pride for common sense. Still though he thinks he might kill his owner and at least die free. Is that what I truly want just to die free, or do I want to live?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:32 am

"Rise, Rax Battleborn, my most prized Mul."

When Rax does, Hikar Nazar the Fourth nods, and the guards grab the Mul by the wrists.

"For you watching, I show you my power. None or above my judgement. Let this be a lesson to the unruly slaves that test my mettle. I shall show it to you. There will be no last fight, there will only be blood!"

The men start to try to bring the Mul's hands behind his back ...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:11 am

Rax realizes what this Kank fucker Hikar Nazar means and rage flashes in his eyes and he begins to struggle knowing the only chance he has is to break free and try and fight his way out, hoping to take some of them with him to the grave. Rax flexes his corded muscles and tries to shove his attackers away enough to grab his flail.
Try and break free enough to grab my flail. So grapple check i guess? If he is going to kill me I want to take a few with me.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:36 am

The Mul tries to get to his weapon, but all twelve of the men are on him before he can do anything. One bashes Rax over the head with a club, knocking the Mul senseless while they bind his wrists behind him. Rax is drug over to a pole in the middle of the arena. It is used to attach slaves for executions and special matches where the two gladiators are tied closely together. As Rax comes too, he realizes he's bound to the pole with thick rope.

The crowd is laughing.

"Now I would never kill such an investment, would I? What sort of business man would I be, eh?" Nazar joins in the laughter. "But what about a bit of sport?"

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:17 am

Rax comes too his head a bit woozy he tries to move forward only to realize he is tied to the pole . The hot Athas sun blazing down on him. He knows He is trouble. Not sure what this sport means but being bound he knows it can't be good. Rax starts screaming "I am Rax Battleborn and I was free you Kank fucker! You stole me you bastard!" The mul readies himself trying desperately to look around the arena as he begins to sweat even more .