Before the Pull: Dust and Sand

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Before the Pull: Dust and Sand

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 pm

"I have something for that," Benjar says, "But let me mention, 6 moons is far more than most of us get. I was born a slave, and still I am." The herbalish frowns, "But somethings are just as they should be, I suppose. Forget your days of freedom, hope for a good, quick death, and your days will be better."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:33 pm

"I never longed for freedom. I was born a slave , raised a slave, found glory in the ring. It was only after I earned my freedom that I realized what it meant. To have freedom and suddenly lose it is to discover you can walk and then have your leg taken from you. No Benjar its best to never have tasted freedom I did not know what i was missing then. The thought of gaining it again is all that kept me going. Now...now I don't know if i want to live."

"I wish you had freedom my friend but to have it given and then taken is almost worse than death. My only solace is that soon my blood may slake the sands."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:36 pm

"When you heal, take solace in your strength. Perhaps someone else will purchase you and you might win your freedom that way." The slave herbalish steps away from a few minutes, then returns with a foul smelling concotion. "Drink this, it will help you sleep."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:48 am

Rax takes it and drinks deeply draining the cup. "Thank you" The Mul lays there in horrible pain trying to slip off to sleep hoping to sleep it away.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:55 am

The brew is bitter and tastes worse than piss. Benjar makes Rax drink it all. "It will help you sleep, dull some of the pain, and help you regain strength. Drink." With the order given, Rax does what he's told. After a few moments he drifts off into peaceful sleep. He does not dream, not of freedom, not of pain, and not of slavery. His mind is a blank slate.

And then, Rax woke up.

He woke up free.
We'll be moving you to Chapter 1!