Before the Pull: A Dangerous Curiosity

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Before the Pull: A Dangerous Curiosity

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 pm

"Athel Loren, never heard of it," Daerith says. "I assure you, it was earned," he says of his 'surname', tapping his saber hanging off his hip.

"You are in quite a pickle, down here in Uruadum. Not very safe for an elf. They'd string you up in the square and let you rot, that'd be my guess." He touches his chin slightly, "Two Jacks tells me you want to get back home to the north. But that's a costly thing for us. If you're ready to help us kill some of these bastards, well, then I'm willing to help. What say you?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Aelryn nods his assent.

"You shall have whatever aid I can give you. I can use a sword well enough, but my expertise in combat lies with archery. Otherwise I can stay hidden relatively well. What would you have me do?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:23 am

Daerith looks to the older man and nods; it seems as though he is giving the go ahead for the man to say something. Avory takes a short step forward, "What you might not know is that the Crimson Guard rule this city completely. The Uruadrim Governor is mostly a figurehead, sure, he performs some administrative duties, but the Commander of the Crimson Guard is where the real power lies. He pauses, "That man is Aranchor. If we can defeat Aranchor, either by running him out of town, or hopefully killing him, it would give us some breathing room. We can continue to work in the shadows until the time is right for out-and-out rebellion. But with Aranchor in charge, the people are just too scared to rise up."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Aelryn nods, seeming to approve of the general line of thinking.

"Do you have a schedule for the man?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:48 pm

"Not sure he has an exact schedule," Daerith quips, "Maybe he does, if so, we don't know it." He scratches the nape of his neck while thinking. "We need to do our homework if we want to pull this off."

The rogue smiles, "But now that we have you, maybe we'll have some help. I need you to sneak into his office and steal any documents you can. I know he's got a desk, probably locked, so you'll need to break it open or pick it." Daerith isn't naive enough to think the elf has all the skills they might need. "Two Jacks will go with you."

He looks at Jacks who is smiling, "Yeah, I can open a desk." He turns to the elf, "But sorry, friend, it means more sewers for both of us. And they won't be so pleasant as your first trip."

Avory sighs, "He's right, unfortuantely. The only way to get into the guard compound is through the sewers. Daerith has the map." The man picks a scroll up off a nearby desk, strolls over to Aelyrn and hands it over. Avory continues, "We know there are Grunlings in the sewers, so they might be guarding entrances, or they just might be doing whatever the hell a Grunling does. So be careful ..."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:51 pm

A look of distaste is plainly visible on Aelryn's face, but he nods.

"Very well. Is there any chance you could have a fresh set of clothes available on completion for us? Also what are grunlings, exactly?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:01 pm

"We will get you cleaned up," Avory smiles, "You should come back here when you're done."

Two Jacks is frowning, "I don't like the sewers any more than you, friend."

To Aelryn's last question, Daerith blinks, "Do you call them something different? They are, little green monsters, I guess. Savages but primitive. Some creation of Raughir in the old days." He shrugs, but Avory obviously winces when Daerith uses the name 'Raughir'.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 pm

"Sounds like goblins. They shouldn't be any trouble in small numbers. We'll come back as soon as the scouting is done then. Ready, Jacks?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Jacks nods, "Let me collect my gear," he says, departing the room for a few moments. While he's gone, Daerith says, "We appreciate your help, Aelryn. This is for a good cause. If we can throw of the yoke of our oppressors, well, these people have a chance for some sort of happiness, for freedom, I guess. They might as well be slaves."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:42 am

Aelryn nods to Daerith.

"I can't say that I understand your plight, but I can sympathize. The idea of being under the constant threat of death in one's homeland is maddening."