Before the Pull: A Dangerous Curiosity

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Before the Pull: A Dangerous Curiosity

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:51 am

]i]Grunlings 24, Aelryn 18, Two Jacks 9[/i]
Aelryn slides back again and fires again. The arrow zips at the grunling's head. The small little beast leaps to the side and nearly trips, but finally the elf is able to cause some panic for the creature.
Free: 5-Foot Step: N
Standard: Shoot #3: 18, Success
Dmg: 8 to Vigor
Two Jacks swings, but this time does not hit directly. The grunling is able to parry the rogue's blow with his own crude blade ..
STandard: Attack G#2: 23, Success
Dmg: 5 to Vigor
Two Jacks: -4 V, -0 W

G#2: -0 5, -7 W
G#3: -8 V, -0 W
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:01 am

Grunlings 24, Aelryn 18, Two Jacks 9
The grunlings do not give up. Two Jackes is forced to push one away as it attacks, but is able to evade the second easily.

Aelryn dodges aside the attack of the grunling following him, but only sees the arrow flying toward his head at the last minute. He jerks side ways, the arrow cutting off a piece of his hair ...
G#1:

Standard: Attack Two Jacks: 21, Success
Dmg: 3 to Vigor

G#2:

Standard: Attack TJ: 10, Fail

G#3

Move: Move N
Standard: Attack Aelryn: 8, Fail

G#4:

Move: NW x 2, N x 2, N, W
Standard: Shoot Aelryn: 15, Success
Dmg: 3 to Vigor
Aelryn: -3 V, -0 W
Two Jacks: -7 V, -0 W

G#2: -0 5, -7 W
G#3: -8 V, -0 W

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Aelryn continues to backpeddle, growing frustrated. He wasn't used to standup battles and greatly preferred to use the forest as his ally, rather than manmade terrain.
5ft step NW and attack grunling 3 again

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed May 07, 2014 2:34 am

Aelryn slides backward. He knows he cannot keep this up; he must finish the beast. The elf sends the arrow zipping forward, which lodges into the grunling's throat. The little beast grabs at the wound, but slumps to the ground very dead. Two Jacks also helps his own cause, sliding around and stabbing the creature in the gut. It too falls.
I need to take this to freeform RP for the time being

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu May 08, 2014 10:46 pm

With only two of the creatures left, Aelryn fires an arrow at the grunling farthest from Two-Jacks allowing his ally to finish the grunling nearest him.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 pm

The arrow flies true, taking the Grunling archer in the neck. Meanwhile, Two Jacks parries a thrust, then counter attacks, sticking the small green creature in the chest and felling it.

Two Jacks grunts, "Disgusting creatures," he comments. "In limited numbers they are easily taken care of, but a whole horde of them -- no thanks."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Fri May 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Aelryn nods grimly.

"I can imagine. We have similar creatures that roam near Athel Loren on occasion, though often accompanied by larger, more brutish things called orcs. If not for their stupidity they'd have conquered all the known world."

Aelryn gathers what can be salvaged of his spent arrows as the two catch their breath and speak.

"I assume we continue straight ahead?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat May 10, 2014 2:45 am

"There's nothing really straight in this place, I'm afraid." Two Jacks waves for Aelryn to follow him. For the next hour the two descend and ascent back into different levels of sewers. They are forced to sneak around several group of grunlings, and put another two packs of them to the sword. Covered in blood and grime the two finally come to a set of rungs that lead upward. "This is it," the human says.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat May 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Aelryn nods and prepares to climb upwards.

"There's a few things I'd like to know before we ascend. To where exactly does this passage exit? How much resistance can we expect to encounter? Do you have an exit plan? In the event that we get separated, where do you want to meet up? Is there anything else you think I should know before we get to this?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed May 14, 2014 3:13 am

"This should bring us into an alleyway behind the headquarters." Two Jacks remains silent for a moment, "There might be a guard or two at the back entryway. I plan to hit one with my sap. You need to shoot the other one down before he can make a fuss. As for an exit, we come the way we came, back through the sewers. If we get separated, lay low, go to 'Old Jack's Palace'." He smiles, "My father's brothel."