Before the Pull: A Sad Heart

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Before the Pull: A Sad Heart

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:03 am

Dates Unknown
Stangengrad
Falkonia

The crow's cage was everything he had dreamed. It was cramped, uncomfortable, and filled with dread. Two weeks ago Cass had been caught by one of the Falkonian patrols. He could only pass as a human for so long, but when it was learned he was indeed a half breed, he was arrested immediately. Two days ago he was sentenced to die for sedition. The trial took all of five minutes, and afterward he was led immediately to the gates of Stangengrad and placed into the case. Blood, shit, and piss still stained the inside of the cage from the last poor bastard. Cass was tired, but could hardly sleep as hunger pangs jolts his stomach. His back ached terribly, and the rain was always cold. He saw the first crow a day ago, now there are a dozen fluttering around the nearby trees. One even had even landed on the cage, but Cass drove it off. They wait, wait for dinner. Cass can only hope he dies before they start to feast.
This tread is for Brunotr only! Welcome!

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Before the Pull: A Sad Heart

Post by Scout89 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:53 am

"Funny how life twists so quickly", thought Cass in his cell. His forehead rested on the cold metal of the cage while he held one of the horizontal bars. "Nineteen years fighting monsters. To die in the hands of the supposedly civilized people. For something I'm not even guilty of." He sighs. "At least it will be quick. At least I'm not going to fight anymore. I can rest now."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:12 am

But will it be quick? The crow's cage is hardly quick. You die of starvation, or by the hundreds of pecks from the beaks of the crows. It would have been far more humane to just have Cass' head off and be done with it. But that was not his fate, this was his fate, to suffer and languish. The wind rattles the crow's cage, swinging it slightly as Cass looks to the sky at the crows waiting.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:40 pm

I thought he was there waiting for execution. Not that that WAS the execution. My bad! Ok, I'll work with this.
Suddenly the thought of finally resting was replaced with something more strong. The memory of his dead family. He imagined them looking down at him. Disappointment in their eyes. <They lived through hell to make sure I could live on and now I'm here quitting?! No, I can't die like this. This is absurd. Come on, Cass. Think!>

The half-elf decided to pay closer attention to the details. <There's got to be a way out of here.> He looked around, not caring about the filth in the cage. A loose bolt, a cranking bar, anything he could use to get out of there.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 pm

The cage is certainly rusty. But Cass has shook all the bars and they do not look to budge. The lock is a giant padlock with chains securing the door shut. The cage begins to swing as the wind blows, knocking the cage around and causing the terrible grating sound of metal-on-metal of the cage's circular loop that is threaded by the hook of the pole that keeps the cage hung in the air.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 am

He thinks, <Maybe if I...>, but he does not complete his thought. Cass begins to throw his body against the cage. Carefully timing his movements to increase the cage's swing.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Cass starts to try to swing the cage back and forth, back and forth. At first it seems hopeless, but eventually the wind picks back up, and after several minutes of trying, the cage comes off and smashes against the ground. Cass himself is banged around, hitting his head and cutting open a gash on his forehead. He is dizzy, but knows he cannot have a lot of time to recover. A patrol might happen by at any moment. Still, the cage is locked shut, but at least the crows look less than excited about swooping down to the ground in order to eat him alive.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Is the cage round? Can it be rolled like a hamster wheel?
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Please don't interject OOC only posts into IC threads
The crow's cage is basically the shape of an egg. Cass could roll it, maybe, on his knees and pushing with his feet through the bars. It would not be easy, but it might be doable.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:02 pm

It did not matter if this would hurt him. Rolling that cage was his only way out. First Cass looked around to see where he'd go. A hill or a set of stairs would damage the cage even more, maybe even break it. He also looked for anything that could help him bend one of the bars or even break the lock. He could not escape the guards if he was still stuck in there so getting out of there was his top priority.
A.K.A. Tvrod.