Before the Pull: A Traveler's Journey

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Before the Pull: A Traveler's Journey

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 pm

The innkeeper grunts, taking the silver after biting into the coin and shoving it into his pocket. "And where'd you come from? Carnac don't get many visitors, after all."
Diplomacy: 13

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 pm

"I lost my way... outside and just arrived." Chael'Ha says vaguely. "So this is Carnac." While talking, the traveller puts on the cloak. "Have not been here for a decade or even longer. Any new developments?"
Ever heard of it? Try to get some info on the political-religious-cultural situation in the city. What are the locals afraid of?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 pm

You certainly have never heard of the city
"Same as I ever remember," he says, "Crimson Guard has been cracking down lately, so don't be out after curfew. Those damn Screaming Eagles have been causing problems, so the guard has been keeping an eye out for traitors everywhere. Some have been jailed for next to nothing, some are released, some not."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:54 am

"Ah, and the curfew is after dark, or do I remember wrong? Are those Eagles rebels or something? I do not remember it exactly. Do you know where I could get a room or something?" Chael'Ha says, trying to get more information.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:53 pm

"Right, after dark," the man says, "The Eagles? Oh, they're a merc company." He pauses, "Some of them are less than pleased with the Crimson Guard. There was a big dust up a few days ago. Two Crimson Guardsmen were killed. Now they're holding one of the Screaming Eagles in a cell. They'll execute her soon."

"There's a tavern just down the street, they have rooms which I'm sure are empty. Like I said, we don't get many visitors."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 pm

"Ok, thanks. I will look for some sort of room. Thanks again." With that, Chael'Ha leaves, but goes the other way, trying to look for another inn or hostel. No need to have the clothes seller know where she lives, she thinks. When she finds some kind of inn, she tries to get lodging for the night and some food. Common room will do just fine. She is not picky about where to sleep.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Chael'Ha exits the building and quickly finds an inn to stay at. The tavern has an available room, and for a silver she gets a bed and a meal. The innkeeper also looks at the silver strangely, but does not really say anything, and accepts it as payment.

The traveler is woken up by her door being pushed open. Standing in the doorway is a strange figure, with pale skin and hair, and amber eyes.
"We do not get many visitors in Carnac. Excuse my late night visit," the 'man' says.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Chael'Ha has a dagger out in no time. Greatsword is too slow. "And I do not get many uninvited guests. Who are you? What do you want?" She looks at him doubtfully.
Use detect alignment: Evil on the man.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Chael'Ha uses an old trick, one that she has used many times before. She looks deep into the creature's soul, if it has one, and can certainly feel the evil emulating for the 'man'.
Detect Evil - Result: Evil, Yes
"I could care less, honestly." The man smiles as Chael'Ha grabs her dagger, "What are you doing in Carnac?"

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:27 am

"First: Who are you and why do you want to know! I am not answering questions to anyone who just broke into my room." Chael'Ha glares at the man.