Before the Pull: A Traveler's Journey

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Before the Pull: A Traveler's Journey

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 pm

The man laughs, "Either you answer my question or I can have the guards outside come and arrest you, it is your choice." There's no way to know if he is bluffing or not without being able to look down the hallway.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:52 pm

"Well, Mister Visits Innocent Women in the Middle of the Night. To be honest, I do not know. One second I was on a sinking ship battling sea dragons, the next I found myself on a rooftop in this pleasant city. Franky, I am planning to leave as soon as I can, if the Fates allow. Nothing more that I could say. Ok, your turn to answer. Who are you and why do you ask me this?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:42 pm

The man listens without interruption, making no sign he believes or disbelieves her tale.

"I am called Gorrath. I am a special ... officers of the Emperor. There are very few visitors in Carnac, I am afraid. I suggest you come with me, I will take you to somewhere safe."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Chael'Ha listens carefully and watches the man's face to see if he is lying.

For now, she does not move. "Well, Gorrath. I am not from here, but I have travelled hundreds of countries and have not survived by being gullible. Can you tell me about the Emperor? And where is 'somewhere safe'?
Sense motive, then diplomacy to make him tell more info.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Gorrath does not appear to by lying, really. The safe party might be subjective though. "The Emperor is Raughir. Of mighty power and domination. He brooks no challenge. Now, for the last time, come peacefully, or my friends will climb the stairs and take you away by force."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:44 pm

She knows that if she runs for it, they will hunt her down, and in a city unknown to her, they will have an advantage and bring her down in no time. So she decides to come along, for now.

"Alright. Because you asked so nicely, I will come along and see this safe place for myself." She gets ready to walk along with him, but wary of any attacks or backstabbing. "Now, tell me more about this safe place - who do I need to be saved from?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 am

"The rebels," Gorrath states. "They will try to capture you and warp your mind against the Emperor. We cannot have that, and you would not like that." He waves for Chael-Ha to step through the door. He makes no movement that would suggest he is going to attack her. Once out in the hallway, she spots two men standing by, each wear the red uniforms of the city guard.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:01 am

Chael'Ha joins Gorrath with an uneasy feeling. For now, there was nothing she could do. Stealthily, she slips her dagger into her boot, though, hiding it. "And the rebels want to overthrow the Emperor, right?" She thinks for a moment. "Are there lot's of rebels here in Carnac? How do you fight them?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:17 pm

"They do," Gorrath says, "You can pack up all your gear." He sees the greatsword but does not seem concerned about it. "You won't be coming back here, I would not think." He waits for Chael'Ha to round up her items as he explains. "Full scale war is not the way with these fools. We must hunt them out and eliminate them. The problem is they will strike, and blend back into the streets of Carnac, putting innocents in danger. The Emperor would never go about killing those simply trying to make a life for themselves, so we must be careful. That is why I am here, and the Crimson Guard. The Imperial Army is next to useless in this sort of thing."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu May 01, 2014 1:05 pm

"Oh, I know about doing war in the shadows well enough. I have been killing bandits for years." Chael'Ha gets all of her things together, happy for the hidden dagger in her boot. "And you are from the Crimson Guard? How many of your kind are there? Oh, and in which Empire is Carnac actually? You remember, I arrived here quite unexpectedly." Chael'Ha finishes her packing and is ready to go when Gorrath has answered.