Chapter 1: A New World

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Chapter 1: A New World

Post by Scout89 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:36 pm

"I hope we can find some answers there to what happened to us." says Cass while walking to the city.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:02 pm

I was more implying that I don't think Rax has realized he looks like a human yet. It is not like he has had a mirror handy.
As they walk Rax takes in what he can see, it looks so different from home. "Aye I hope so too. But really I am just happy not to be under the lash again. I wonder if they have a battle ring here?" Rax continues walking and talking with Cass as he tries to close in on a gate.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:24 pm

I know. I just don't want you guys to assume each other look like a half-elf or mul. Cass looks the same except for his ears, Rax looks like a big, bald, burley man
Only a half hour later the two are walking through the gate. There are two men watching idly, but say nothing to Rax or Cass as they enter. The men appear to be soliders, dressed in starched cottons and wearing badges of their office. Their uniform is a hue of red and black. Each carry a sword.

The main road into town is very wide and made of cobblestone. There are various cross streets that are not named as far as the pair can tell. They will need to decide how to proceed in this foriegn place.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:41 pm

"Any clue on where to go, Rax?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Rax grunts "We do not have a contact per say, but this Captain Aranchor may be able to help . It seems the leader of this terrorist group was the former Captain Daerith I think our friends said. Aranchor replaced him. He may be able to help us but its a risk. Those with authority can sometimes be...untrustworthy. Let's speak with the guards and see what kind of response we get." Rax leads the rag tag pair to the city guards in the red uniforms . "May you always find shade and water friends. Where can we find Captain Aranchor?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:11 am

The guard looks up at Rax, "He's at the Crimson Guard headquarters, or, well, that's where you could find him. I am unsure of his current whereabouts. You can schedule a meeting with his assistant, I reckon." He looks Rax over, "Right there," he notes, pointing in the direction of a seemingly old and ornate building.

Rax and Cass make their way toward the headquarters and pass through the doorway without anyone saying anything to them. The lobby of the Crimson Guard's Headquarters is furnished in aesthetically pleasing, but highly functional furniture and decorations. There are several padded benches that sit near the entrance to the lobby, where visitors, or those without urgent business are asked to be seated. The crest of Carnac has been impressed into the leather covers to these benches, lending them an official look. A large oak desk sits across the room from the entrance, the doors to the offices and barracks behind the desk. A receptionist is seated there, taking the names of those that desire an audience with the guard.

The room seems pleasant enough, potted plants line the walls, there are tapestries hanging at various places about the room, and several shields and weapons hang decoratively above the large oak doors. A pair of Crimson Guardsman stand on either side of the desk, their hands on their weapons.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Cass approaches the receptionist, "Excuse me, we need to talk to Captain Aranchor. Is he here?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Rax is impressed by the professional appearance of the Crimson Guard. They seem to interact well with the people and the office seems to be open to them. As they approach the receptionist Rax stands by silently looking around the room and letting Cass talk.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 pm

The rat-looking man at the desk looks up and sneers. "Who are you and what do you want?" He looks over to one of the guards, then continues, "Captain Aranchor does not see just everyone."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:30 pm

"We are Cass and Rax. We are visitors to this fine city. And we can help the captain in a private matter. Please, tell us where we can meet him and we'll be on our way."
A.K.A. Tvrod.