Chapter 1: A New World

Unseen the wise and fools alike; a great web connects everything. Every life and every soul may meet on fated day. There is a draw into the great web, a gift, or curse. Very few ever know, and those that do disappear, likely never to return again.Infinite Worlds is a multiple campaign setting game using Pathfinder RPG.Run by Shadowguide TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Chapter 1: A New World

Post by TetNak » Wed May 14, 2014 3:15 am

Aranchor jerks a thumb toward the door. "My lieutenant will show you. It drops into the sewers out the back of the building."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed May 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Rax nods and grunts and follows the lieutenant not sure what to think of all this. Why do they write in a language they don't speak? He finds it all terribly strange.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Cass follows the lieutenant out through the sewer.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Rax and Cass head out the back door, led by the man that was at the receptionist desk. "This way," he says, seemingly annoyed that he's tasked with this. He takes the pair through a small hallway and out a door. As they step out, he gasps, whispering softly, "Two Jacks, an elf?"

Standing in the alleyway is a bearded man and what appears to be an elf. They look with equal surprise at you that exit the building.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:11 am

Cass points to the two and asks the lieutenent in a low voice, "Friends of yours?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Tue May 20, 2014 12:25 am

Aelryn nocks an arrow, obviously aiming at the man in the Guard tunic.

"You can scream and alert whoever you like. Your friends may even kill us. But make so much as a loud cough and I guarantee that mine will not be the only death this day."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue May 20, 2014 3:04 am

Rax growls his hand slowly near the handle to his massive flail. "Let fly that arrow desert runner and your water will slake the ground. What are you doing here?"

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Tue May 20, 2014 3:31 am

Aelryn stands still as a statue, his arrow still poised for release.

"Keep reaching towards that flail if you want your friend dead, ogre.

"I'm trying to find a way home and Jacks has graciously agreed to help me with that, but I might ask the same thing of you two. Neither of you wears the colors of the guard, and at least one of you looks to be a trained fighter. I'm very curious as to what your respective stories are, but we seem to have a problem that needs solving if we're going to get a chance to have a discussion about this.

"Now we can either find a peaceful solution to this problem, or I can see exactly how many arrows I can draw and release before one of you can get your weapon free and reach me with it. I'm not averse to bloodshed, but I think all present can agree that the situation wouldn't likely end well for anyone, myself included, in that eventuality."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Cass walks in front of the guard in a way to block the arrow's path if the stranger lets it fly. "Come on, guys! Why so rude? This guy here is our friend and we won't let anything happen to him. Put that bow down and we can talk like big boys do. You too, buddy. Leave that thing alone."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue May 20, 2014 7:00 pm

The Crimson Guard quips, "That man is a rebel," he points to Two Jacks. "Kill him for the Emperor! For the salvation of Carnac!"

Meanwhile, Two Jacks already has his shortsword in hand, ready to defend himself.