The Half-Dead City: Part II - The House of Pentheru

The ancient lands of Osirion are blanketed by the sands of time, and eldritch secrets and vast riches lay just beneath the sun-blistered surface. As modern Osirion opens its vaults and tombs to outsiders for the first time in centuries, many of these lost treasures and secrets are now emerging, some more troublesome than others. Hakotep I, a now-forgotten pharaoh, was robbed upon his burial. A secret sect took his heart and his funerary mask, both containing a portion of his soul. Betrayed the chance to pass on into the afterlife during his burial, Hakotep has existed in a state between life and death for millennia. The recent rediscovery of one of these lost soul fragments has allowed the trapped pharaoh to once again work in this world to redress the wrongs committed against him, and a cult worshiping him as a god-king grows in the heart of Osirion. Can a group of heroes brave terrible guardians, foul cults, and the burning sands of the desert to stop the rebirth of this ancient tyrant?

A Paizo Adventure Path.

Run by the Pharaoh Eilandor.

Moderator: Eilandor

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:23 am

Image The morning air is already hot as you make your way to the Grand Mausoleum. A fair crowd has gathered, including several of the groups you met the night prior. Excitement and anticipation are in the air as everyone waits for Sebti the Crocodile to open the day two ceremony. Anhotep notices Marrn, the Halfling standing with his group. He is pacing back and forth with what must be the longsword wrapped up in cloth. He hasn't spotted you yet, so it is likely he is nervous you may not honor your deal. Mbizi and Heru are anxiously looking around, wondering where Menes and Salthus could be.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Mbizi has managed to brew up a few more potions, detoxions, elixiers and mutagens for the day, and has on some fine looking clothing, something a bit darker than his white robes he had before -- to try and hide the blood splatter. He notices a lack of Salthus and Menes and asks Heru, "Did you see them? Where did they go do you know?" He worries they might be in trouble, but more likely they are hung over and over slept.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Anhotep arrives a bit late himself, but he catches Marrn's eye and nods. "I didn't see them on the way here," he replies to Mbizi's comment. "Haven't seen them since last night."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 pm

"I haven't seen them at all since last night. Maybe they were scared off." Heru adjusts the various weapons he is carrying. He looks a bit like a walking armory.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Mbizi shakes his head, "Salthus still owes me money, he better show." Then he shrugs and notices the halfling with the sword, "We better finish that deal before the halfling decides to sell it to someone else." He motions at the others to head over there. He's a bit worried that with only three they might not be so lucky in the next tomb, but he doesn't voice that concern yet, not till he knows what tomb they are going to get.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 pm

"Over here, Marrn," Anhotep says motioning the halfling over. "We're ready to deal."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Marrn's eyes go wide when he finally spots you, then makes his way over. With a quick glance around, he then unravels the cloth from the magical longsword. Finally he removes it slightly from its scabbard to illustrate the blades special quality, in which it does emanate a bright light from its blade. "Didn't want you to think I was pulling the old bait-n-switch on you!" Marrn hands the blade to Anhotep then inquires, "Now there is just the small matter of payment."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Mbizi watches over the transaction, after all some of this is his money going for this blade. He is distracted however waiting for the lottery of tombs to start, and after a minute he's no longer paying Marrn much attention as it appears things might be starting up on the dais, but then it turns out to be just some rearranging of chairs. "For the love of Anubis let's get this things started!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:19 pm

"Here you go," Anhotep says, handing over the money.
I assume we have all the money. If not then I'd tell Marrn and see what his reaction was.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Heru stands still with his head swiveling to view all the other groups again. "If Salthus and Menes aren't here by now, I would assume it is just us three. Bigger share for us."
Last edited by AdamDaBomb11 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.