Bugaisha: Assignments (Prelude)

The Unicorn guard one of only two ways to the Colonies, anchored at one end by the Western Steppes and at the other, Journey's End Keep.

Samurai assigned to the keep must first survive the trip, and then contend with the local wildlife and terrain, as well as politics from back home.
Run by the Daimyo Phlale
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Bugaisha: Assignments

Post by TetNak » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:53 pm

There is a laugh from Ryuu, "Well then, let us get drunk before we meet this merchant."

The man has changed greatly since his return from the Burning Sands and Ivory Kingdom. He's told his sister bits and pieces about not being able to find the merchants he was sent to seek, but there's something more there he isn't saying. "His words will likely be far less boring."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:23 pm

The Priest regards the boy, "I am in fact Yoshihiro, what news boy?" Clearly this boy is some messenger and the Moto listens to what he has to say.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 pm

The boy bows again, "Ide Yutaka requests your presence in the small room off his office, an hour after sunset, Moto-sama"
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:46 pm

The Stables

"Hai, we can do that as soon as I am done here," Yukiko says but looks over to her husband to see if he has planned anything else. "Though we should not overdo it, onii-san. He's from the same family as us and he might even be able to tell you something that you seek." The shiotome shrugs. While she does not like to have her brother keeping his secret she also respects him and is patient enough to wait until he'll tell her.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Sorry for a late start to posting, but I was having trouble figuring out what to post, I think in part due to still not being terribly familiar with Rokugan.
Unlike many, Iuchi Hiroake is happy to be at the edge of civilization. It gives him a chance to interact with the gaijin merchants. He has bought a few things from them, but primarily for politeness' sake. He mas been mainly interested in talking to them, finding out more about the lands they are from and the ways of their peoples. Now, as the market closes down for the evening, he watches the gaijin depart. He makes sure the various odds and ends he has bought are secure, then prepares to make his way back to his quarters.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:19 pm

As Hiroake nears his quarters the lights from the window show a boy waiting at the entry. He stifles a yawn before spotting the Iuchi. "Sama, have you seen Iuchi Hiroake," he bows, clearly beyond the time he normally retires, "I have a message for him."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Hioake nods to him and says, "Messenger-kun, I am Iuchi Hiroake. You may give me your message." He smiles at the boy and keeps his voice kind as he speaks. Unless they have done something seriously wrong, servants should be treated with compassion.
I'm assuming the messenger is a commoner and therefore -kun is the proper mode of address.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 pm

"Domo." The priest waves off the boy. He glances at the setting sun and decides to make for his chambers, ready himself and then head for the office of Ide Yutaka straight away.
Make myself presentable, then go present myself.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 pm

The boy bows again, "Greetings, Iuchi-sama, Ide Yutaka sends word that he wishes to speak with out an hour after sunset, in the room adjacent to his office," he glances around at the growing darkness, "I apologize that I could not find you earlier."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:38 am

Oh my, I had best get going, Hiroake thinks to himself, but outwardly tries not to show any of his disconcerted feeling. To the messenger he said, "I am sure it is not your fault you could not find me--I was out wandering the marketplace and would not have been easy to find. And you have told me in time for me to meet with Ide-sama, so no harm has been done. You may be on your way--I will be on my way shortly."

After the messenger leaves, Hiroake quickly gets ready, changing into more formal clothes and grabbing a quick bite to eat if there is time. Then he hurries off to present himself promptly to Ide Yutaka at the appointed hour. As he prepares, he wonders what the meeting might be about; he supposes he will find out soon enough.