Bugaisha: Assignments (Prelude)

The Unicorn guard one of only two ways to the Colonies, anchored at one end by the Western Steppes and at the other, Journey's End Keep.

Samurai assigned to the keep must first survive the trip, and then contend with the local wildlife and terrain, as well as politics from back home.
Run by the Daimyo Phlale
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Bugaisha: Assignments

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:10 am

Stables

"Well let us meet this merchant. I think I will abstain from sake until after the meeting. I've gotten in enough arguments and bad deals for one lifetime, thank you. I can point to alcohol as the foundation for at least half those little adventures." He grins, shaking his head ruefully. "I'm not a young man anymore, and it's not just me that I have to worry about. If I go in to negotiations with a merchant, I might find myself on a kobune bound for the Mantis Isles before I know what's going on."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Stables

"I have not seen the Mantis Isles so that would not be too bad. But doing so on a kobune is not the greatest of ideas. And do not think that it would be so easy for you to get on a ship just be being drunk," Yukiko says with a stern voice though it is softer than when she speaks to many others. "Of course we wouldn't cloud our minds that badly before going to meet that Ide. We're servants of our lord and not some oscene ronin." The Utaku turns back to her horse to finish the grooming as she speaks. She does not have much else to say for the moment and is set on finishing this task before heading for the meeting. There's enough time for the basic care and then to return to the Utakus' quarters, removing her armor and see to it that she's presentable enough for meeting Ide Yutaka.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:19 pm

"Suit yourselves," Ryuu quips, "I am going to have some sake. If I have to much, eh, so be it. The Fortunes will decide!" He gives his horse a quick pet on the head, "Shall we be off, then? We would not want to keep our cups empty for long."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Five samurai make preparations for their unexpected meeting with Ide Yutaka. Meanwhile, the man himself enters the room and reads five scrolls, making sure that the orders are clear. Once this is done he applies his personal chop and waits.
Feel free to arrive or roleplay your "preparations" *looks at Tet*
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 pm

When Ryuu gets to the sake house his banter about getting drunk actually does not come to fruition. He drinks a couple cups of sake, but it does not seem to phase him. The noticable thing is that he's far less boisterous, and actually falls into what seems to be a fit of melancholy. Ryuu speaks very litte while at the sake house, quickly playing for his drinks as he stands up with or without the others. "I am going," he says to his sister and her betrothed. Ryuu exits without further word, his feet taking him to the merchant where it was requested he meet the man.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Hiroake presents himself promptly at the door of the merchant who summoned him, arriving a few minutes before the appointed hour.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:55 am

When Ryuu leaves Yukiko dutifully tends to her mount as she only trusts very few people outside of the Utaku stables to care properly for the horse. When she's done she whispers a few calming words to him before she departs with her husband. While she drinks a cup of sake she's not going to indulge in drinking. The young samurai-ko rarely does so with anything, trying to be a perfect samurai, adhering strongly to the codes of conduct and examples that have been set by her sensei. About a half hour before the meeting she heads for the quarters of the Utaku where she removes her armor but doesn't put her daisho and the precious Moto scimitar behind. In the simple, purple kimono that only displays the mon of the Utaku the battle maiden goes to meet Ide Yutaka, staying at her husband's side since she left the stables as long as his plans before the meeting do not deviate from her own.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:30 pm

When Hiroake approaches the meeting room the door is closed. Movement can be heard within, but the slowly quieting fortress on the Empire's borders reveals no secrets as of yet. Within a few minutes, four more samurai arrive, and the door is opened by a very well dressed Ide. "Forgive the hour, I am Ide Yutaka, and my other duties have kept me away for much of the day." He bows and invites his guests into the room before sitting behind the low table in its center.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:54 pm

"It doesn't matter," Yukiko states and extends her hand in an un-Rokugani greeting to the Ide. "You called for us and now we're here." The young samurai-ko is rather plainly dressed. Her purple kimono is a bit crumpled and she wears untypical footwear for a samurai. After entering the Utaku warrior, easily identifyable as one by the mon on her clothes does not sit down but stands beside a man who's at least half a feet taller and much more muscular than herself. An earthy smell of horse lingers around the woman with purple-dyed hair and dark brown eyes, expectantly looking at the Ide who invited them all.
Last edited by Hayabusa on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:20 am

One of the arriving Unicorn is the Shugenja Moto Yoshihiro. He is a Moto Death Priest, dedicated not to the Kami but to the Shien-ten Yen Wang, the Lords of Death, a collection of gaijin deities that supplanted Emma-O as the guardian of the Realm of the Dead. Slowly the Lords of Death have been making head way among the theology of Rokugan and Yoshihrio is one that spreads their word. Of course he recognizes the Kami and the Fortunes, but his frightening white, red and black face paint, and 'magical' schooling are dedications to the Lords of Death.

He arrives, stand silently, and then enters when beckoned.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring