Bugaisha: Assignments (Prelude)

The Unicorn guard one of only two ways to the Colonies, anchored at one end by the Western Steppes and at the other, Journey's End Keep.

Samurai assigned to the keep must first survive the trip, and then contend with the local wildlife and terrain, as well as politics from back home.
Run by the Daimyo Phlale
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Bugaisha: Assignments

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:35 pm

"When do we depart?" The shugenja is not forthcoming with much but internally he is more than happy to have the chance to venture to the Ivory Kingdoms, perhaps there he will find hints or answers about a certain event in his family's past.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Ryuu gives a small grunt. He does not seem particulary displeased, just surprised. The gruff samurai lets his shoulders rise and fall. Giving a quick nod to the shugenja, he wordlessly repeats his question to the merchant. He gives the orders another look before rolling it back up and tucking it away in his obi.
So, Phlale, we might need to discuss about what Ryuu knows about the Ivory Kingdoms, because I know near to nothing.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm

We can talk about it, Tet. I have some idea of what he would know, and you may have others.
Yutaka nods, "The caravan will arrive tomorrow, I expect it to leave for the Colonies again two days after that, with new guards and animals, of course."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 pm

"So we'd leave on Oshogatsu," Yukiko says as the Ide told them when they're going to head out. "On to the Colonies on our birthday. I assume that there won't be a large festival in Outsider Keep anyway." The battle maiden watches the other samurai for a moment, considering who of them would show up at an archery contest during New Year's Eve if one were held and simply shrugs then. "Do you need anything else of us?" The Utaku asks Yuataka.
Last edited by Hayabusa on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:05 am

"That is fine," says Hiroake, actually eager to set out as soon as possible. "Would it be possible to tell us a bit more about what we can expect when we arrive at Journey's End? What the governor might expect of us? The more we know, the better prepared we can be to serve when we arrive."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:33 am

"Yes, I assume there would be some sort of briefing or assignments prior to our departure. Unless we just bring our personal effects, and the caravan takes care of all the logistics?" The Utaku bushi is rather pragmatic, assuming the trader would have thought of these things ahead of time.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Ryuu does not seem to have anything else to say. He rubs his beard as he listens to the plans as to when they are about to leave. He seems uninterested, partially, but his eyes do follow the speaker which indicates he's at least paying attention.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:37 pm

The merchant patron nods, "You will, of course, be supplied with the caravan for the trip. Your duties will be varied, though I believe the first task will involve stopping some raiding by the few remaining locals. After that, I would not presume to know the minds of my betters."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Yukiko looks from the Ide merchant patron to the others. "That is pretty much everything, I think. We should celebrate our assignment in the Colonies and the trip there," the samurai-ko says. "If there is nothing else, Ide-san, please excuse me," she adds with a look to her husband.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 pm

The Moto Shugenja then bows, "Domo arigato Ide-sama, I shall take my leave now and prepare for our departure." He takes his leave of the others and returns to his chambers to ready himself for the trip. He's sure to arrive on time or early when the appointed hour comes calling. If there is some down time, he spends most of it in prayer, but a little in seeking information on the others who will join him on this venture.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring