Warrior Technology Expo

Everyone has debated for decades over what form the coming apocalypse would take; many think plague, some thing war, some thing famine, others a frightening combination of all the above. What were your predictions? How well did you prepare for the eventuality which came to claim the human race?

In this adventure characters are survivors of the apocalypse, the last bastian of humanity that holds out against the oncoming hard and struggle to delay the inevitable.

We are using the All Flesh Must be Eaten game system for the adventure and players who are unfamiliar with the system will be helped along so that everyone can enjoy the 'fun'

As a note, please don't get too attached to any one character you choose to make, s/he may not make it. Heck, while were at it, go ahead and make a backup character just in case.

Run by the Zombie Lord BrokenWire2086
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Warrior Technology Expo

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:37 am

"Well, what do you think?" Rust asks everyone. "We can swing by and see what it looks like? Would be nice to get some more gear." The detective doesn't seem all that worried about the impending doom of the local police station.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:55 am

"A police station in theory would be a safer place to be, but with everything happening right now it is probably a shit storm." Tara brushes her hair behind her ears, "I will let you guys decide where to go."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:17 am

Frank winces, his mind almost made up as to what to do. He then comments. “I hate to say it people, but going there is bound to be a deathtrap. I mean, come on; it already sounds like there is one person against an entire mob of infected crazies. Even if we manage to make it there in time through this fucked up chaos...”

Frank points ahead to the various gobs of traffic surrounding them.

“...there's no telling if Officer What's-Their-Face will still be alive by the time we get there.” Pausing momentarily to listen to his stomach churn silently with tension, Frank continues. “Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for more firepower to defend ourselves with. But we simply DON'T KNOW what the hell is going on and I'd honestly be more apt to hole up somewhere safe for a bit while we try to figure out what the hell just happened in better detail than doing anything further or rash; such as rush off into the unknown playing hero." Gulping as if thirsty, Frank pauses for a moment and adds. "You know, gathering intel is a must in any field, and I'm not afraid to go bust a few heads if need be. ESPECIALLY if it means that we get something to keep our asses safe with until things pan out for the better. I'd honestly have to say however, we should find a safe base of operations before continuing any further with the heroics. THEN, we can go out and round stuff up and play hero til the cows come home for all I give a shit!"

A half-hearted smirk falls upon Frank's face as he actually starts to believe in himself and what he's saying. “As far as this junk goes, I'd ask for a description of the Sergeant and then tell whoever it is at Precinct that they should Shoot to Kill anyone trying to hurt them until someone actually talking in a language that they can understand decides to show up. After all, I've yet to hear one of these people infected say a single word other than the occasional Arrrrrggghhh or Ugghhhnnnnn and besides, giving whoever is still alive out there a better sense of security, even a false one, should keep them going and improve their chances of survival greatly.”

Frank's words are spoken from the heart; though they might come off cold to some with their tone. The man simply wants to know what he's up against first before charging headlong into combat and giving those John Woo movies a run for their money.

"As to going to the precinct..." murmurs Frank "...That might be best held off until later."
What's the difference in distance and location between Caleb's place and Dispatch? If it's along the way maybe we can try to correlate an escape attempt with whomever is stuck there and go back later? Frank might be a Showoff, but he's no dummy. An ounce of knowledge is worth its weight in prevention tactics, combat preparation, etc.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:27 am

Ooc: sorry for the delay in the game, this was my first week of class so things were a bit hectic. I'll get back from vacation Monday and you all can expect to see the start of the next chapter Monday or Tuesday.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 am

ooc: Ok reading back over everything I'm going to need a definitive answer on where the group wants to go at this point. There are several options, the most obvious of which are:

1) Go to the police station to rescue the man on the radio, or for what ever other reason you may have to go there.
2) Go to the cabin in the woods and wait to see if things get better, be advised that things won't get better as that simply wouldn't make for an exciting story
3) Try to rescue family or friends, who knows maybe things arnt that bad where they are
4) Pick a place and loot it, if the cops are as screwed as they appear to be on the radio then they likely won't respond to something as benign as looting
5) Pick a name out of the phone book and see what they are doing

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:20 am

Well. Rust will go to the cabin, but would prefer to drive by and see what's what.

Sorry, super busy lately. Didn't see this post.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:42 pm

A Drive to the Woods

The group picks up from where they were and begin their drive to the cabin described before (though I will need an address for the cabin to know where everyone is actually headed before we get too far)