Warrior Technology Expo

Everyone has debated for decades over what form the coming apocalypse would take; many think plague, some thing war, some thing famine, others a frightening combination of all the above. What were your predictions? How well did you prepare for the eventuality which came to claim the human race?

In this adventure characters are survivors of the apocalypse, the last bastian of humanity that holds out against the oncoming hard and struggle to delay the inevitable.

We are using the All Flesh Must be Eaten game system for the adventure and players who are unfamiliar with the system will be helped along so that everyone can enjoy the 'fun'

As a note, please don't get too attached to any one character you choose to make, s/he may not make it. Heck, while were at it, go ahead and make a backup character just in case.

Run by the Zombie Lord BrokenWire2086
BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Warrior Technology Expo

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:53 am

The Lafayette Garden Inn & Conference Center

Located just off of I-85 and only 48 minutes from the Hartsfield Jackson International Airport there is a modest conference center in the town of No-Where Georgia. A prestigious location noted by its backing from the hotel giant Best Western and claim to fame of the co-located IHOP, the Lafayette Garden Inn Conference Center was the prime location choice for this years Warrior Technology Expo.

Despite its poor choice in location, the Warrior Technology Expo has been touted as the best place to find leading edge, and fringe, military technologies which while they may not have been picked up by the Department of Defense, are non-the less of value to the weekend warrior and back yard survivalist.

For whatever reason you may have, you have found yourself waking up on a Saturday morning in the Conference Center which is hosting this four day expo.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Warrior Technology Expo

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 am

01010800 (This is your date time group to be read as, 1st month[01], 1st day [01], 8th hour [0800])

The convention has been open since the night before and 112 participants have signed in to take part in the panels and look at the various displays which have been set about the 7000 square foot ball room. So far only 20-30 people are awake at this hour and just under half of them are in the IHOP having breakfast.

Booths set up include:
Analysis First
Black Rain Ordanance
BlackBox Biometrics, Inc
CGIColumbia Southern University
Red Guard Industries
CZ USA
Quantico Tactical

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:32 am

Tara is slowly browsing the CZ USA stand with her green eyes. Her brown hair flows gently to the right of her face and down to just below her shoulder. She isn't looking for anything in particular, just waiting around until a few more stands open up. It is early however and Tara's stomach begins to grumble.

I should grab a bite to eat, it will be a long day. She says to herself.

With the decision made, Tara slowly makes her way over to the IHOP for breakfast.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Local news broadcast appears on a flat screen television in the lobby of the hotel, visible from the waiting area of IHOP.

"Breaking news, terrorist group ISIS has released a video onto the Internet in which the as of yeti identified spokesman stated the three teens arrested in Colorado were only the tip of the spear and that they would unleash a volcano of destruction upon the United States, vowing to bring the holy war home." Several reals of stock footage are shown with various militant terrorist activities and training camps, most of which were dated material of the Taliban and not ISIS. "Authorities are voicing that there is no credible threat associated with this new announcement and that people should continue to be warrie of suspicious activity and report anything they find out of the ordinary to their local law enforcement officials." The broadcast then shifts to what will likely be all day coverage of pundits talking about s five minute video and providing no additional information.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 am

*Prior to the News Broadcast*
The lone figure of a man can be seen seated at the bar in the Layfayette Garden Inn & Conference Center. Though a small handful of others are also seated inside of the bar, this one man sticks out among the others simply because of one thing. He is clad in an olive drab SWAT uniform! Though missing his weapons and other tactical gear, the lone individual does indeed stick out among the others like a sore thumb. A large black man, similarly dressed - though not nearly in as greatly of detail - approaches the figure with a disheartened look upon his face. Now nursing a double-shot of Glenlivet's on the rocks, the lone figure fumbles about with the chin portion of his stocking ski-mask and casually turns to face him.

"I see that you've found me Johnson," the figure comments playfully and sarcastic, his cheeks slightly flushed, "Care to join me for a drink?" The large black man merely frowns deeper and responds. "Dammit Bonelli! You know damned well that we have got a presentation to give today. Why the hell are you here drinking!?" Sergeant Frank Bonelli of the Atlanta PD SWAT Team smirks a reply. "Because they were all out of scrambled eggs?" Officer Todd Johnson continues to frown, to the point of scowling. "Come on man," the large black man growls, "We need to get you back to the room. I've got to get you suited up by 09:30, and then we start hitting the floor at 10:00 sharp. No excuses!" "I don't need a nanny dammit!" immediately quips Frank as he quickly shrugs off his colleague's rather insistent grasp. "I'll go once I have finished my drink!" The large black man reluctantly relents.

*Shortly After the Broadcast*
Bonelli frowns this time. The slightly-buzzed man promptly slams his glass down and looks at it, as if the drink was suddenly soured by something. "That's the problem with this planet," he then begins, "There's too many assholes in it!" Officer Johnson guffaws and scoffs. "If it wasn't for these assholes Frank - we'd be out of a job." He then places a giant (but gentle) hand upon his colleague's shoulder. "Now come on man, let's get you upstairs and properly dressed. After all, we DO represent the Department. Even if it's in a shit-hole like this one." Frank grins wryly and pats Johnson's mammoth hand almost endearingly. "You're right man. Let's get upstairs and put on our Sunday's Best. These rednecks are in need of some proper education in law enforcement." Officer Bonelli then stands up and tosses the bartender a tenner. "Keep the change." he murmurs. Once to his feet, the police sergeant quickly mumbles something to no one in particular.

"Have a good day..."
The final mumble was left as a possible lead-in to TetNak's character. Should he be so inclined as to start his day in the bar as well. Perhaps we both realized we were part of Atlanta PD and opted to chew the fat a bit over liquid breakfast?

Either way, go upstairs with my colleague (yeah I made him up on the fly so feel free to use him as zombie chow or potential NPC material) Officer Todd Johnson "T.J." - typical SWAT archetype - and get dressed up in my full tactical outfit.
Last edited by Eanwulf on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:52 am

It would be quite some time before more stands open. Tara nibbles on a piece of partially burnt bacon, staring at the television screen in disgust.
The world these days.. she says just before getting cut off by the waitress.
"Would you like some more coffee?" The waitress asks.

With a short pause Tara responds "Uh, no thank you. One cup is enough for me, thanks."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:57 am

Seated at the end of the bar is a thin fellow with slightly sunken in cheeks and deep eye sockets that seem to radiate a lack of sleep. He's not dressed in anything other than a cheap button up shirt and tie, which is nearly untied completely. There's a couple empty shot glasses in front of him, and one that full. When the news comes on he barely looks up, seemingly taking no special interest in anything. The same goes for the banter at the bar, actually, only taking his shot while the two swat officers speak. When the fellow mumbles, Rustin speaks up, "We're all assholes, hate to say." His accent is strangely southern and, well, not. There a slight draw that's ackwardly halting and odd. The man smacks his lips. "These goat fuckers are just the tip of the spear when it comes to the world's assholes. Most of us are just part of the shaft." He waves down the bartender for another drink.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:17 am

The bar tender, a young woman of perhaps twenty five, seems to have her hands full this morning. The hotel bar is by policy open 24/7 but rarely do they serve during these early morning hours. "Not planning on leaving the hotel today I take it, sugar?" she asks of Rustin <TetNak>. She does however fill the request and looks over at the TV as the news continues with its inane banter.
Tara is served without incident and a group of four men from a mixture of BlackBox and Quantico Tactical pay for their food and make their way into the convention hall, each staying as a group rather than breaking down to their respective booths. Seems they may have known one another from before the gathering. That is until one of the men, a man perhaps in his early forties, receives a phone call and steps away from the group to take the call in the hall near the bar.
"This is Jones," he answers the phone and waits while the other end of the phone talks for nearly thirty seconds. "I'll need a call back authentication, stand by." He hangs up the phone then dials in a number and takes it back up, "Ok, when... how many... Yea I'm maybe two hours out..."
He finishes with the phone call and then heads back into the room, he says something quick to the other men and then heads out the front door at a determined gate. The other men seem to be a bit confused by this but go back to what they were discussing.
Officer Todd finishes his words with Frank <Eanwulf> and then makes his way into the wash room where he runs the water in the sink. its ten minutes before Frank would start to suspect that something is amiss with his fellow officer and after calling out his name and knocking on the door there is no answer. The water continues to run.
Scenes like this one will often have sections broken out into spoiler's. Feel free to read all of them if you wish, I simply am using them in an attempt to break up the postings and make things easier to read and more clear to follow.

Also, when you post a character's name, please indicate who the player of that character is so that we can all get up to speed on knowing who one another is and try to avoid as much confusion as possible with what will likely be a large number of various names.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:23 am

Tara was looking forward to the BlackBox booth, and the sudden exit of the group of men both alarms and saddens her. 2 hours out.. I wonder what he meant by that.

Tara finishes up her breakfast and waits for the waitress so she can pay and get back to the convention.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:35 pm

* Officer Todd and Frank's Room *
Frank's buzz is already wearing off. By the time that he realizes that Todd is taking too long in the bathroom, his head is all but cleared. Simply put the physical exertion of walking back to his room and then getting dressed - combined with the psychological understanding that the day ahead of him is about to be a tediously dull and boring one - has unknowingly remedied the man of any signs of inebriation. Standing up from the edge of his bed, Frank grunts slightly and proceeds to head towards the bathroom door. Knocking on it gently, he fixes his lopsided helmet atop his head. “You OK in there?” inquires Frank brusquely, his words gone unanswered other than the sounds of a sink's continuously running water. Now grumbling to himself, Frank raps harder against the surface of the door. This time with the edge of his handgun. “T.J.!?” he queries louder, “I asked if you were OK. Open up or answer me man. I ain't got all fucking day!” Frank's mood then sours as he waits for an answer.
Cue angry gorilla zombie in 3...2...1...???

8O

Notice I said "dressed" and "with his handgun (in hand)"

:D
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!