A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Rant Room (OOC)

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:16 am

What do you think of the following means of interstellar transportation for Galactic Council ships and what not?

I call it HOLEz Tech and the premise is simple in description:

A) Scan the system you're in to bring them up a laser grid screen coordinates and then pinpoints the presences of any nearby dormant & hidden wormholes in the very same system.
B) Lock in these coordinates and travel to said destination.
B) Use specially designed and calibrated explosives known as Element Zero Bombs (Ez Bombs) to artificially open and create a temporarily stable version of one of the previously detected wormholes.
C)Travel through the newly opened wormhole to said destination and then have it collapse behind you at an appropriate interval of time.

Most likely HOLEz stands for something along the lines of Heavy Ordnance Assisted Laser something or another, with Element Zero being the Ez part on the end.

I can also see the Galactic Council as having the most up-to-date and precise mapping system to navigate these wormholes. Pretty much, this spot goes here, that spot goes over there, etc.

Makes my brain want to go even further with the presence of Element Zero. I always saw the Builders (Andrilian's creators) blowing themselves up in a giant Nepharium (powerful element) explosion as they tried to cloak their home system with the power of the sun there. As such, the Nepharium deposits are now scattered about the system and some converted into gas, etc.

I was thinking about making the Chrysalids some kind of long-line descended version of the Builder's remains. Probably some kind of cosmic dust on the wind that collects into crystalline form and imbues itself with life somehow. The ghost of something formerly great so to speak. Enter Element Zero.

If the basic and essentially “good” working aspect of the Builders' remains makes Chrysalids, why not have the “bad” or broken/corrupt aspect of Builders' remains fashion this mysterious Element Zero or basically anti-matter with a couple of twists. Heck, I think I have the first major part of our story out of the way now LOL!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:20 pm

I apologize if any of you read the blurb I had here about Armor stacking. It was late and I was brain dead. I also managed to find the answer this morning. Physical Armor (natural or worn) does NOT stack, you simply use the highest rating. Magical Armor (spells, force fields) and Shields DO stack with Physical Armor.

For some reason I got sleep-deprecated confused on what armor would take preference in an armored Andrilian.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Was comparing Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition to Savage Worlds. Man, M&M had a lot of potential to create some rather awesome heroes on an epic level. Sadly, their rules system makes combat drudge on FOREVER!!!

Heh, you can't even convert a basic PL 10 toon to Novice level SW. You simply don't have the PP to do so :/

Oh well, working on getting all of you together and finished now. I want to play dammit! So let's try to buck up and get this prologue going sometime soon!

Cheers!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:51 am

Sinus bug blacked me out last night. Meds to counter it did the same today. Should have the second part to our post up tonight. Attempting to go into work for a small shift now. Heaven help us I stay awake. Sinus infection has me totally useless and in major zombie mode ATM. Still however, we press on!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 am

Trogdor? Hayabusa? You two can go ahead and post in our Prologue please! You both hopefully have a name and basic idea of what your guy looks like and can do I pray. That's all we need for right now. Thanks!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:08 pm

I'm still here folks. Had to take time out to help the family. Niece of mine had major spinal surgery mid Feb (12 hr operation) and it's been pins and needles nutso ever since. I've been helping out with the other 2 nieces and only as of recent gone back to something resembling normalcy.

Just a quick inquiry. Is everyone else still out there? I've no clue what's going on with Trogdor but wish him well in whatever it might be. Hayabusa's been busy with work from what I can gather also.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:10 pm

I would like to join at some point.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:17 am

I'm still here at full strength. Hope your niece recovers quickly.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:38 am

I'm still around. Take your time, I have plenty to occupy myself :)