Second Ring - The Sea Route

“Welcome to the shining star of the Colonies, the Second City, honorable samurai! May your stay be as interesting and profitable as you desire! I strongly recommend that you do not venture outside the city until you have had an opportunity to receive some rudimentary training with the Second City Guardsmen, however.” – Shinjo Hariken, Vassal of the Miya
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

North of the City - Hinjo's Caravan

Post by Muskrat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:55 am

Satsuro hurries after Tomasu, wondering why he is in such haste, until he realizes the late night visitor might be their quarry.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Tomasu hurries forward, Satsuro joins him a few steps behind.

You near the tent, still a few dozen yards away, when you see a Geisha exit the tent and shuffle off into the darkness on the edge of the camp.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 am

Satsuro relaxes when he sees the geisha leave--he assumed that was the night visitor in question.

He approaches the tent and calls out authoritatively as he can muster, "Merchant Hinjo? We are imperial yoriki who have business with you."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Tomasu stops and takes a hard look at the retreating geisha. He watches her movements and clothes for signs that her persona is a ruse or disguise. He watches until she is beyond sight. Then he joins Satsuro at the tent.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Tomasu's keen eyes suspects perhaps the Geisha is something else, but she holds herself as such. No it seems the woman is what she appears to be.

Forward to the tent, and Satsuro calls out.

There is silence from the tent for a moment. Then a reply, "Imperial Yoriki? Come to see me, I am honored. Please come in."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Tomasu pulls the tent door flap back and holds it open for a moment as he looks inside. Once he scans the contents of the tent, he steps inside and makes introductions.

"Kitsuki Tomasu and Akodo Satsuro. Excuse the late hour of our visit."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Hinjo seems in good spirits, and that means he's had a good amount of sake already, and a visit from a very talented Geisha. "Oh, Samurai-sama, please please come in, sit. Can I pour you a drink? I still have some fine sake from the south? Newly brought from Rokugan." He half stands, to bow, then falters and sits back down almost falling. "Think nothing of the late hour. How may I help Imperial Yoriki?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Satsuro waves off the drink and says sternly, "We are not here for socializing. We need you to answer certain questions about your jade trading and a particular business partner of yours, who goes under the name of Doji Chonitsu. You may think him a valuable ally, but I warn you, the man is not what he appears."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Hinjo at once narrows his eyes at Satsuro, he looks worried, "You don't want sake?! Do you know how hard it is to get good Sake in this kami forsaken jungle? Sit down Samurai-sama, don't insult your host, and have a cup of sake." He takes a cup form a small stack and pours you both a bit. "So much better than the swill the locals pass off as drinks around here."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Tomasu adjusts whatever sitting device is offered and plants himself on it. He accepts the sake cup with a nod.

"Thank you for the comfort and refreshment you offer in such an inhospitable place and inopportune hour. Yet I am a man of simple tastes from a clan that values temperance."